Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

CXF NFL Dynasty Year 12 - League Is GO For 2024!

oldskool

oldskool
Reaction score
A lot of your players underperformed greatly (Van Jefferson, Patterson, Gronk). If they had marginal games you probably would've won. Not helped that Flik had Mark Andrews having the game of his career and Cooper Kupp continuing his "Should be in the MVP" run (what a year that dude's having).

I got smoked by a 4-11 Kyler team but snuck into the playoffs thanks to Le'Veon losing their game against The Azkals. If I were competent, I would've started Hollywood Brown rather than getting a fat 0 from Julio Jones and whopping 8 points between Amari Cooper & Darrell Williams.

Krankor just missed the Single Season Points Record by 5 points for this year. All-Time it is 503 points set in 2020 by Krankor.

Playoffs
#1 Random Hero (Krankor) vs. #4 Gotham Harlequins (HQ)
#2 The Exalted Ones (Oldskool) vs. #3 Lions Luck (MFer)

Consolation Playoffs - Winner Gets 1st Pick in Rookie Draft
#5 Le'Veon on a Prayer vs. #8 Flik's Flamingos
#6 Steak the Snake(!) vs. The Azkals
oh yeah don't get me wrong i'm not mad about it, this league is fun now that i have finally escaped the realm of only having 1 QB (until next year when Ben retires)

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
AJ Brown 62.00 god damn points.
Deebo Samuel 61.20 god damn points.

Welp those two epic performances cancel each other out.

oldskool

oldskool
Reaction score
d87pec9.png

we got a dogfight here

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Krankor managed to get by me fairly easily although Dak and Amari tried. I got 0s from Conner and Tyler Johnson (and would've gotten a 0 from James Washington and 0.20 from Chris Evans anyway) so it just wasn't meant to be this week.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My team is a motley crew but is peaking at the right time. Still gotta see how COVID shakes out this week though, cause I think I'm still gonna need to put up a fairly big number.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
MFer looking for his 1st Title since 2015 while Krankor is trying to get past his back-to-back losses with a win! Good luck to both teams :)

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Looks like Squint will end up with the first overall pick from owning the rights to the Flik 1st round pick. Squint has a whole lot of round one picks next year. #1 (from Flik), #3 (his), #11 (from Me), and then his own 2.02 pick. 4 picks in the first 14/15 picks. Very nice!

Last edited:

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
2022 Rookie Draft Order has been posted. I'll probably be trying to replace Flik so I'll be sending out a few PMs to potential folks.

Last edited:

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Kotz is taking over Flik's team. Welcome aboard, Kotz! League is pretty competitive. The scoring settings/roster settings are on the 1st Post. Final cuts usually come after the Rookie Draft around July or thereabouts.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
i'd love to see the second QB spot open up to a QB/RB/WR/TE flex spot but idk if yahoo even allows that
I'll let others chime in with their thoughts if they want to move forward with a 1 QB and 1 Superflex spot instead. Part of my initial reasoning behind the 2 QB aspect was that with 12 Teams and such large rosters, most teams usually have 3 QBs and with injuries, most teams have a decent chance at starting 2 QBs in a given week.

This year, there were 60 QBs who started at least 1 game this season. 44 of them have started at least 3 games too.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Hey Harley that 2.11 pick in the draft order is actually mine still and not Squint's. I only traded him a 2022 1st and a 2023 1st in the Taylor/Dillon trade.

I'd prefer keeping it two QB. It adds an extra challenge to the league. Granted a lot of times a QB2 only gets you like 20-25 pts, but still. I'm in pretty bad shape at QB2 for next year. That's why I started stashing a bunch of bums that could wind up as a starting QB somewhere. We've actually had quite a bit of QB related trades in the history of the league, so they are attainable.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Harley that 2.11 pick in the draft order is actually mine still and not Squint's. I only traded him a 2022 1st and a 2023 1st in the Taylor/Dillon trade.

I'd prefer keeping it two QB. It adds an extra challenge to the league. Granted a lot of times a QB2 only gets you like 20-25 pts, but still. I'm in pretty bad shape at QB2 for next year. That's why I started stashing a bunch of bums that could wind up as a starting QB somewhere. We've actually had quite a bit of QB related trades in the history of the league, so they are attainable.
Thanks for catching that. I copy/pasted and forgot to change that.

I also prefer the 2 QB system since it helps add weight to QBs in the Rookie Draft as well. It also adds some intrigue 2-3 years down the road as owners try to weigh, "Do I keep a Sam Darnold/Daniel Jones/Tua?" or do I trade them for a 1st or even 2nd Round Pick and try to improve at the QB position.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was walking the tightrope at QB, but I made it through. Hell, my whole team was held together by duct tape and chewing gum, but somehow I was able to come out on top. I did admittedly have a soft regular season schedule, but hey, it's all about taking advantage of your opportunities.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
All "end of year" rosters should now be on the 1st post to give owners an idea of how they'll want to draft/who they'll want to cut in the offseason.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Just wanted to remind folks of this awful stretch of drafting until Derrick Henry got taken... as the 9th pick from 2016. Dak went 2x2 and Michael Thomas went 2x5 by the way, lol. Going through some of these old rookie drafts are just as fascinating as the real ones IMO.

1.03: Brooklyn Zoo - Bam Bam Bullshits - QB Christian Hackenberg
1.04: CletusVanDamme - Red Wedding - WR LaQuon Treadwell
1.05: Oldskool - Tecmo Bowled Over - QB Paxton Lynch
1.06: Harley Quinn - Gotham Harlequins *Acquired From Flik* - QB Carson Wentz
1.07: 909 - The Autumn Wind *Acquired From Harley* - WR Josh Doctson
1.08: 909 - The Autumn Wind - RB C.J. Prosise
1.09: Cartman - Pawtucket Patriots 2 - RB Derrick Henry

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Made up the list of how many roster cuts each team needs to make to be at 28 roster spots after the draft. This list is current as of 4-24-22. Any trades involving draft picks after 4-24-22 would affect the cut number.

Dynasty Team Cuts Pre-Draft Number:
Zetterberg: 28 - 4 = 4 cuts
Kotz: 28 - 4 = 4 cuts
HQ: 31 - 4 = 7 cuts
Hawk: 27 - 4 = 3 cuts
Squint: 31 - 6 = 9 cuts
OG: 31 - 4 = 7 cuts
*MFer: 31 - 3 = 6 cuts
*Krankor: 31 - 4 = 7 cuts
Steak: 31 - 4 = 7 cuts
*909: 31 - 4 = 7 cuts
Will Scarlet: 29 - 4 = 5 cuts
Oldskool: 31 - 4 = 7 cuts

EDIT:
To reflect 909's roster missing Waller/Smythe
To reflect MFer/Krankor draft trade

Last edited:

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
A reminder that the rookie draft kicks off on May 7th at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT with 24 hours per pick. PM the owner after your pick. And the cut deadline will be Sunday, May 29th.

squint

New Poster Who'll Post A Lot
Reaction score
Kyler the Creator Roster

QBs: Kyler Murray, Jamies Winston
RBs: Cam Akers, AJ Dillon, Darrell Henderson, Rashaad Penny
WRs: Brandon Aiyuk, Marquez Callaway, Gabriel Davis, Darnell Mooney, Joshua Palmer, DeVante Parker, Donovan People-Jones, Laviska Shenault, Jaylen Waddle
TE's: Mo Alie-Cox, Jacob Harris, Brevin Jordan, Albert Okwuegbunam, CJ Uzomah
DEF: Arizona, New Orleans

Drops: Colt McCoy, Nick Mullens, Taylor Heinicke, Mike Boone, D'Onta Foreman, Kene Nwangwu, Trey Sermon, Amari Rodgers, Dyami Brown

oldskool

oldskool
Reaction score
QBs: Tyler Huntley, Lamar Jackson, Davis Mills
RBs: Dalvin Cook, Austin Ekeler, Justin Jackson, Kyle Juszczyk, Cordarrelle Patterson, Tony Pollard, Devin Singletary
WRs: Cole Beasley, Van Jefferson, Christian Kirk, Tyler Lockett, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Michael Thomas, Robert Woods
TEs: Rob Gronkowski, Cole Kmet, David Njoku, Irv Smith Jr, Maxx Williams
DEF: Dallas, Tampa Bay

CUTS: Ben Roethlisberger, Taysom Hill, Keelan Cole, Jordan Akins, Denver DEF, Tommy Tremble, Chuba Hubbard

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
QBs: Baker Mayfield, Trey Lance, Daniel Jones, Jacob Eason, DeShaun Watson
RBs: Alvin Kamara, Saquon Barkley, Chase Edmonds, Sony Michel, Tevin Coleman
WRs: Cooper Kupp, Tyreek Hill, DeAndre Hopkins, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, A.J. Green, MVS, Sterling Shepard, Russell Gage, John Ross III, Antonio Brown
TEs: Mark Andrews, Austin Hooper, Jonnu Smith, Will Dissly, Gerald Everett
DEF: New England, NY Jets

Cuts: QB Jacob Eason, RB Tevin Coleman, WR John Ross III, WR Antonio Brown

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
I'm open to trade offers for these QBs...

QB Sam Darnold, Carolina
QB Drew Lock, Seattle
QB Gardner Minshew, Philadelphia
QB Kellen Mond, Minnesota

Mainly looking for 2022 or 2023 draft picks.

SteakGrowsOnDmitri

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Steak the Snake
QBs: Derek Carr, Carson Wentz, Zach Wilson, Teddy Bridgewater, Tyrod Taylor
RBs: Aaron Jones, Joe Mixon, Michael Carter, Kareem Hunt, Jamaal Williams
WRs: Justin Jefferson, Adam Thielen, Diontae Johnson, Jerry Jeudy, DeVonta Smith, Terrace Marshall Jr, K.J. Osborn
TEs: Cameron Brate, Hayden Hurst, Robert Tonyan, Kylen Granson, Donald Parham
DEF: Los Angeles Chargers, Tennessee Titans

Cuts: Mark Ingram, JaMycal Hasty, Samaje Perine, Boston Scott, Jimmy Graham, Craig Reynolds, Marcedes Lewis

Staff member
Reaction score
Someone accidentally left Darren Waller off my roster. Obviously I'm not cutting him. Durham Smythe too.

The Autumn Wind
QBs: Jacoby Brissett, Kirk Cousins, Tua Tagovailoa, Ryan Tannehill
RBs: Kenyan Drake, Josh Jacobs, Ronald Jones II, Christian McCaffrey, Jeff Wilson, Raheem Mostert
WRs: Robby Anderson, Jamison Crowder, Will Fuller, TY Hilton, Allen Lazard, Tim Patrick, Hunter Renfrow, Kadarius Toney, Cedrick Wilson
TEs: Darren Waller, Ricky Seals-Jones, Durham Smythe
DEF: Miami, Washington

Cuts: Kyle Trask, Jeremy McNichols, Damien Williams, Quintez Cephus, Luke Farrell, Nick Vannett, Zach Pascal