Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Daddy Jeff's New Wrasslin' Promotion

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
They're going to draw, like, 200 people tops. It's going to be sadder than when Hogan and Show though they could run the FedEx Forum.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I know Jeff Jarrett seems to be emphasizing that he's not gonna be a regular wrestler (probably to silence the doubters of this promotion) but having him on the card would probably help these intro house shows.

Jeff Jarrett Vs Chris Masters isn't gonna sell out a 6,000 seat stadium (or maybe even a 600 seat high school gym) but it's more of a big match than anything they announced.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
...that card is fucking awful. The only match that sounds remotely interesting is Tate Twins/Best Friends and it's only because Best Friends have the greatest comedy finish ever.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like you can get the cheap bleacher seats on the edge for $10 in Jackson. So few people are going to be there, I can't imagine I couldn't move over to a better seat. I mean, that's what I do at actual baseball games there. Of course there might so few people there that it will be super obvious when I move.

wtenn2.jpg

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I actually forgot about this until I started seeing pictures on Facebook tonight.

Cyrus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It looks like they're bringing in Don West, presumably as a color guy. Not sure what that means for Chael Sonnen.

If its heel Don West, I will for sure be watching.

EDIT: Maybe he'll just be a pitch guy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-K9C5mgraeY

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
god I love Don West

he almost sold me on the GFW coozie and Jeff Jarrett signature guitar

Cyrus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Would I be reaching if I said heel Don West was just as good as Lawler at his peak, and could have been in the Ventura/Heenan category if give a longer shelf life?

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Heel Don West was a work of art. It took them forever to finally let him have the character, and it didn't last long enough, but he was brilliant in the part.

Cyrus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I find it amusing that they kept him around when he did nothing but yell, and everyone was clamoring for him to be gone, and as soon as he gets good, they get rid of him.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I feel like a potential JR/Chael/West announce team would have some great moments, one way or another.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Based on the GFW Instagram account, I would guess that they are a baseball team.

Robert

Robert
Reaction score
Melzter notes that I shamelessly stole from another site on GFW:

- disappointing advanced ticket sells. the Jackson show drew around 375 and Knoxville drew around 500
- the wrestlers had to pay for their own transportation and hotels, and weren't paid for the autograph signings. also, they were told their checks for the show would be coming at a later date
- Moose was going to be one of GFW's top stars based on the buzz he's been getting from Ring of Honor, but then those conniving schemers from ROH went and signed Moose to a contract, screwing up all of GFW's hard work because now he can't appear on GFW's (potential) tv show
- Jim Cornette and former UT basketball coach Donnie Tyndall did not turn heel last week but instead turned babyface, as The New Heavenly Bodies was the heel team and Bullet Club the face. both turned on the respective nights by stopping the heel Bodies from cheating and stealing the victory, only to help the babyface Bullet Club cheat to win.
- Meltzer doesn't believe the debut taping in Las Vegas will draw well because Jeff Jarrett doesn't have the money to book top (and available) talent

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
How can any of that be true? This is supposed to be the company that finally buries TNA and becomes then next #2 promotion in the world. At least according to the IWC.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Magnus joined the Force under his real name, Nick Aldis. The promo material claimed he will headline the Vegas tapings in July.

Cyrus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Its a brand new promotion that's had like 5 shows and has no TV presence. Not sure how people are surprised by this.

Cyrus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_V1uhf2DZk

Hmm this NEXT*GEN championship is interesting. Could be a great way to showcase up & comers, covering a broad range of styles. Really what the X Division title should have been.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cyrus said:
Its a brand new promotion that's had like 5 shows and has no TV presence. Not sure how people are surprised by this.

It's not a surprise. My "amazing" was an amused "amazing". After all of the months and months of hype and promises this is all Jarrett can do. Other Indies run with far smaller promotional budgets and less "big" names and manage to draw a lot more people than that.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Brodypedia said:

Hey, that stadium is about 10 minutes from my house. Holds close to 10k. Trying to run a show in a place that big is a terrible idea to begin with, but why in God's name do they not have a seat closer than 100 feet from the ring? I've been to concerts there. They're fine with spectators on the field for events other than baseball games.

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
"Congratulations, people who showed up; watch the entire show through a veil made by the safety net!"