Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Fat, Grease, and Dough: THIS IS YOUR BREAKFAST THREAD

Agent of Oblivion

Faded as fuck
Reaction score
Re: Oil, Grease, and Fat: THIS IS YOUR BREAKFAST THREAD

McGriddles can shove a McMuffin up their ass and fuck off while they're doing it

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score

McGriddles are good once in a while but I just don't want that sweetness in a breakfast sandwich. Croissanwich is something you can enjoy every day, at least until you die of a massive heart attack.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score

BUTT said:
Though it wasn't the one with the bacon. That's too much.

That's the only crosammie worth eating, heathen

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

McGriddles are one of those grossly delicious items. It's something worth having like once every two years or so.

Star Ocean 2

Star Ocean 2
Reaction score

If everyone tried Wendy's breakfast there wouldn't even be a conversation anymore. By far the best.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Star Ocean 2 said:
If everyone tried Wendy's breakfast there wouldn't even be a conversation anymore. By far the best.

I still prefer the McGriddle, but it has been a couple of years since I've had one. Wendy's is okay and I wish they just served their homefries all the time. They are way better than their regular french fries.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score

Croissan'wiches aren't even real croissants, they're croissant-shaped buns.

Reaction score

Fucking scam. More like Croifraudwiches.

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score

How about Dunkin' Doughnuts breakfast sammiches? They're pretty much what I usually get as I'm rarely awake in time for BK or McDonalds breakfast.

Reaction score

I usually get croissant egg, cheese and ham or bacon at Dunkin Donuts.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score

DD just can't stick around here where I live for whatever reason. We had a couple briefly in my town, but they were gone almost as quick as they came. Sucks too, the only place in town I could get a breakfast sandwich any time of the day. I really liked their hash rounds the most, though

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score

alfdogg said:
DD just can't stick around here where I live for whatever reason. We had a couple briefly in my town, but they were gone almost as quick as they came. Sucks too, the only place in town I could get a breakfast sandwich any time of the day. I really liked their hash rounds the most, though
Really? That just sounds weird to me, of course I'm in New England where Dunkin' is borderline a religion, think there's 4 of them within a mile of me.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score

Burger King's hash rounds > DD's

Reaction score

There's like four within a block here

starvenger

Integral Poster
Reaction score

BlackFlagg said:
alfdogg said:
Really? That just sounds weird to me, of course I'm in New England where Dunkin' is borderline a religion, think there's 4 of them within a mile of me.
Dunkin' is vile. I'd equate it on par with Coffee Time up here in Canada.

Burger-wise, there's a place 5 minutes from my workplace that does a patty melt consisting of a grilled cheese w/ American, Brie, 6oz Ground Beef, sauteed onions, and something that resembles the Gak from Lick's. I don't know if this counts as fast food, but it's likely a heart attack on Texas toast, and it's real tasty.

Agent of Oblivion

Faded as fuck
Reaction score

alfdogg said:

Doesn't Muncie have one? There's one in Ft. Wayne that persists. Oddly enough, Fort Wayne's Krispy Kreme went under.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Dunkin' Donuts stranglehold on New England is downright odd. They had a strange hold on the coffee and donuts scene here up until very, very recently. Outside of one great, divey local donut place that's been around since the 40s, if you wanted to go to a coffee and donuts place, it had to be Dunkin Donuts or Tim Horton's (who is a distant, distant 2nd). We just got an artisinal/hipster donut shop that's supposedly pretty good so that gives me another option if I want a really good donut.

Krispy Kreme bombed in auspiciously rapid fashion when they tried to go to the Boston area. It was so swift that I had to wonder if Dunkin' Donuts has connections to the Providence Crime Family or something. Krispy Kreme's run in New England was up there with that year where everybody here decided to open a Quizno's in the mid '00s for Most Spectacular Regional Fast Food Failures.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

In Michigan, I'm lucky to find one Dunkin Donuts in town. I move to upstate NY, and they're all around. Regarding Krispy Kreme, it seems like their stores bombed all across the U.S.

Reaction score

Agent of Oblivion said:
alfdogg said:

Doesn't Muncie have one? There's one in Ft. Wayne that persists. Oddly enough, Fort Wayne's Krispy Kreme went under.

Not that I know of, but I could be wrong.

still fly

#bae
Reaction score

Dunkin Donuts is pretty much non-existant in Southern California. However there are still some Krispy Kreme stores in Southern California.

Mom and pop donut shops seem to be more popular around here anyways.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Now that you mention it, there are a lot of independently owned donut places opening around here, too.

wnyxmcneal

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Dunkin Donuts runs NY too. In a nearby village, there are two of them. Mr. Donut tried to break in, but didn't last.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Dunkin' Donuts aren't even that good. And this is coming from someone who is not a donut snob. I think even Dunkin Donuts recognizes that. Maybe like 10% of their ad campaigns these days are centered around their namesake and the other 90% is about how everybody loves their coffee for some reason or whatever their new sandwich/wraps are.

I feel like they've way overexpanded their menu in the past few years though. Nobody goes to Dunkin Donuts for a personal pizza or tuna fish sandwich.