Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Impact Wrestling in Summer/Fall 2022- (Josh) Alexander The Great

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Not only do they give it out for free on YouTube, they literally break it down into segments and highlights. The company has done so much right under Callis and D'Amore but is a fine example of what "damaged branding" can do.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They did a crossover with the hottest promotion in North America and it still barely moved the needle. I think all they can do is just quietly plug away and keep putting on a decent product, which tbf is what I think they're trying to do. It won't be impossible to remove the stigma of LOLTNA but it's going to take a long long time (and possibly an entire generation of fans to grow up knowing Impact Wrestling as just a damn solid promotion).

Last edited:

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I know Chris wishes that he was a bigger part of Impact's plans. He came in with a good push and got the X-Division title, but since he lost it, he's just been there. Even when he joined Bullet Club, which was great for him, he was the one taking loses and still not getting a big push. But at the same time, he's always been vocal about supporting the companies that talent work for. Many times I've seen people say it's a shame he's not here or there, and he'll always give a similar response about supporting the show talent is currently on instead of wishing they go other places, and he's right.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Few random Impact thoughts here....

First one is some rumors that I had read here and there about, but I'm not sure how much of it is valid. Anyway, there's some scuttlebub about potentially Conrad and Jarrett somehow buying into this company or in the very least collaborating together on future projects? I guess this is based off the fact that impact personnel were so hands-on with the Ric Flair pay-per-view? Plus on the JJ podcast there's been a lot of talk about him and Conrad going here and there for business meetings, putting things together about something, etc. It would certainly be tripping itself to see Jarett back in the company and in some sort of ownership role, just wonder how it could get to that point after things got so tenuous prior.

The other thing is a completely totally unrelated topic, but I was had a bunch of the shows last week in Chicago and one of the shows was AAW Destination Chicago, And a match they actually promoted as being for the impact world title between Alexander and Masha Slamovich, which was one of the most impressive man versus woman matches I've seen in wrestling in years. Y'all need to give that a look if it's out there at all online. Furthermore, I feel like impact should really just kind of go away with this whole Russian pit fighter gimmick she's got going on, and just let her be naturally her as I saw at the show and a few others over the weekend. She's a real hell of a talent if they take the handcuffs off her.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Reading the Impact recap from last night.

What great young high flyer will challenge Speedball Mike Bailey for the X Division title at Victory Road next weekend?

(It's Delirious)

HotUnlawfulHarlequinbug-max-1mb.gif

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
It was a pretty solid show overall. That Speedball vs Delirious match should be really good. He's a horrible booker, but a very solid wrestler. They also announced Grace vs Max the Impaler for the show. Grace is feuding with Msaha Slamovich for the title, which will be the match at the next big show, but this show Masha got to choose Grace's opponent, and she chose Max.

Also, Impact signed Joe Hendry and he debuted a new, fantastic, music video last night. It took place in a hospital where the person in the hospital was hit in the face with a chair and then someone bit him. Yes, Impact mentioned Brawl Out.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Impact Plus specials that don't warrant a thread

Impact Wrestling Victory Road
September 23rd, 2022
Live from Skyway Studios in Nashville, Tennessee

Three Way Barbed Wire Massacre

Moose Vs Sami Callihan Vs Steve Maclin

Impact X Division Championship match
Speedball Mike Bailey (c) Vs Delirious

Intergender Triple Threat Revolver (gauntlet) match to determine #1 contender for Impact X Division Championship at Bound for Glory
Alex Zayne Vs Black Taurus Vs Frankie Kazarian Vs Kenny King Vs Laredo Kid Vs Mia Yim Vs Trey Miguel Vs Yuya Uemura

Six man tag team match
Josh Alexander, Rich Swann, and Heath Vs Honor No More (Eddie Edwards and OGK)

Pick Your Poison match (Masha Slamovich handpicked Jordynne Grace's opponent)
Jordynne Grace Vs Max The Impaler (With Father James Mitchell)

The Motor City Machine Guns Vs Honor No More (Vincent and PCO)

Career threatening match (If Mickie James loses, she must retire from in-ring competition)
Mickie James Vs Gisele Shaw

Killer Kelly Vs Tasha Steelz (With Savannah Evans)

It's weird that they're this Impact Plus special just two weeks before their WrestleMania. I know they're contractually obligated to do these monthly specials but you think they'd pick a better date. Although I guess if they do it earlier in the month, you run a risk of people being fatigued from All Out and Clash at the Castle and 2 weeks out Vs 3 weeks out isn't really much of a difference.

Last edited:

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I got this show on Fite. I had enough credits to get if. It's a pretty solid show. Both X-Division matches should be really fun. I don't have a lot of interest in the 6 man tag since I don't care about Heath. The wrestling in the match should be more than fine, and it might even be a sleeper match, but Heath and OGK don't get me too excited for many matches. Guns and Honor No More is just random but the Guns are going to bump their asses off. Killer Kelly is awesome, and Tasha can go, so that should be a solid match.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think he's the guy that solidified TNA as a legit alternative (and not just a dumping ground) for dudes who were unhappy in WWE. Also it's probably also the only notable HOF that's going to induct Raven* so I'm happy to see it too.

*(not saying that he shouldn't be in WWE Hall of Fame just that he probably won't be in there but I'd be glad if Triple H proved me wrong)

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I would love the new regime to mean guys like Raven and Demolition can get in now even in the Oh And These People Wing.

Raven should be in TNA's HOF though. Easy. He turned the tide of the whole company and put on the best work of his career, and with the blemish of Destiny aside had an incredible run.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My only hang up with Raven being inducted is I am afraid that they’re going to have Frankie Kazarian do the induction speech and pretend that Serotonin was good.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bobby Fish looks like what I assume would be the jump cut after someone says "We have the Vaudevillians at home..."