Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Joe Rogan Questions Everything!

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been mentioned in other threads but I thought it deserved it's own.

So if you are familiar with The Joe Rogan Experience (his podcast) this show is part that, and part Penn & Teller's Bullshit.

The major difference is that his show doesn't have an agenda when questioning things other than just wanting to hear what folks have to say. Rogan will call out shit when he thinks it is unbelievable or when someone is clearly proven wrong, but unlike P&T: Bullshit (where they clearly view everything through Libertarian Eyes and merely do the show to try and make folks who don't agree with their views seem dumb) Rogan's show is more about tackling an issue from 5 sides of a square and leaving it at that.

Naturally some topics are more ludicrous than others so certain episodes come off more comedic than others, but I still enjoy the premise and have been entertained thoroughly through the first two episodes.

It comes on SYFY network weekly.

Angle-plex

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I just started watching this. It's ok, his podcast is way better.

Angle-plex

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Should be called Joe Rogan gets wicked high and Questions Everything.

jimmy no nose

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I didn't see the second episode, but thought the first one was pretty decent. Joe didn't seem entirely pleased with the way the show turned out and it seems like he and SyFy have butted heads quite a bit on the direction of the show. He says the original edit by the network was a lot worse than what ended up on TV, but he wasn't quite able to win every battle. He wanted more comedy in the show and also took issue with some of those cliffhangers heading to commercial break.

Angle-plex

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That was my problem with the show. It seemed like a regular "OMG it's bigfoot!!!" before the commercial break type of show when I was expecting a little more.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
The Bigfoot episode bored me quite a bit. Hard to get too interested when you know nothing is going to come of it.

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
Yeah I think the main issue is that Rogan wants it to be more straight up, on the level, while SYFY wants to throw in too many elements of typical TV cliffhangers, clever editing, deception etc etc etc.....

I thought the 2nd episode was much better than the first, just for the fact that the topic of Bigfoot isn't overly interesting to me.

Of course his podcast is better, btw.