Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NFL Week 13 2022: Mike White Can Beat Up Your Backup!

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
week-13-nfl-schedule.png

Big AFC East game between Buffalo and NE on Thursday night. Rodgers has a rib injury and Love may be ready to move in if the Packers get mathematically eliminated. Mike White > Tom Brady & Peyton Manning. Josh Jacobs will try to run for 200+ again as the Chargers/Raiders go to battle.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Thursday's really a make or break game for the 2022 Patriots season. I'm sure there's a path to the playoffs if they lose but they won't be anything more than the cannon fodder they were last year's playoffs if they don't at least split the series with the Bills.

(No one point out that they split the series with the Bills last year and were still cannon fodder)

ALSO! Hey starting the week 13 thread before week 12 is over? I'm sure CXF is boiled over with excitement to discuss tonight's thrilling Steelers-Colts MNF matchup!

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
week-13-nfl-schedule.png

Big AFC East game between Buffalo and NE on Thursday night. Rodgers has a rib injury and Love may be ready to move in if the Packers get mathematically eliminated. Mike White > Tom Brady & Peyton Manning. Josh Jacobs will try to run for 200+ again as the Chargers/Raiders go to battle.
Also the actual AFC Championship Game rematch is happening, but don’t tell @Holiday Spice Kamala.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah this is crunch time here, three divisional games in a row and four of the final six. Sounds like a few of the injured guys from last week (Edmunds, Epenesa, Rousseau and Morse) are on track to play which is great. Regardless though should be a tough game.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Patriots signed LB Jahlani Tavai to a 2 year extension worth $4.4 Million. Fine cheap contract for a decent contributor although I think he's a poor man's Ja'Whaun Bentley (good downhill speed, struggles laterally in space to defend outside runs/receivers). I know Patricia seems to have a man crush on his abilities though so I expected he'd be extended when he first joined the team.

Aero

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Has there ever been a more competitive field for Coach of the Year? There’s a case to be made for any of the below.

Nick Siriani
Brian Daboll
Robert Saleh
Mike McDaniel
Pete Carroll
Mike Vrabel

If the Giants make the playoffs, I’d probably lean Daboll.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Patriots played their best offensive game of the season but the Vikings were the better team. I kind of had the feeling that I had watching the Tampa Bay game last season where they lost but I thought "Well. OK, sure, losing this sucks but things are headed in the right direction." Like I felt better watching that game than some of the Patriots wins this season.
Eh…nvm.

Turns out not hiring an offensive coordinator to replace McDaniels was a v. bad idea.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Bills completely dominated the Patriots defense and just grinded out the clock. Pats had no chance when they'd give up a 5 minute drive, go 4 or 5 and out, and have their defense give up another 4-7 minute drive right after.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Why the hell were they using their best offensive player (a RUNNING BACK) as a slot receiver? Why were they relying on a special teams player as their #1 options!?

The Bills didn’t really played that good of an offensive game (they did play a smart one though) but it feels like they won by way more than 14. It’s one of those nights where you wonder whether or not it’s time to take away the car keys from Grampy Bill.

(And Bill Simmons is starting his podcast today talking about Brady returning to Foxboro in 2023. STOP!)

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Also I was kind of baffled seeing them kick that FG and then wave the white flag when they didn't get the onside kick. Bills definitely needed a win like that though.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Giants and Washington tie. First tie between NFC east teams since 1997 when the Giants and not Skins tied

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Giants/Commanders will almost certainly be flexed to Sunday Night on 12/18 replacing Pats/Raiders

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bills were the only AFC east team to win this week.

The Jets loss is not that devastating as the Pats, Dolphins and Chargers all lose as well.

Like I mentioned last week the last two spots in the NFC are going to come down to the Giants, Seahawks and Commanders. Unless you think the Lions can go on a huge run. Giants have the toughest route and it would kinda suck to start 7-2 and miss out on the playoffs.

The Giants/Commanders game in 2 weeks is likely to decide a spot. (I mean the Giants aren't beating the Eagles next week).

Staff member
Reaction score
Gonna be there Thursday now goddamnit. Season potentially getting saved.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
My god the Cowboys are destroying the Colts in this 4th quarter.

EDIT: 33 unanswered 4th quarter points

sfaJack

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've been to over 60 live NFL games in my life. Browns/Texans today was easily the most bizarre of them all.

Complete shitshow atmosphere. Half the crowd that bothered to show up were Browns fans. Watson looked like shit but got some cheers anyway.

Exactly one offensive TD and it came in garbage time. A punt return TD. A pick six for Cleveland and somehow Kyle Allen managed to fumble on a QB sneak that the Browns picked up and ran in for a TD.

An absolute horrible mess of a game that Texans, Browns and the NFL all deserve. An amazing day.

Staff member
Reaction score
4t3yhuakqz3a1.png

We made it last season in this scenario and had a much more difficult schedule. The hope usually hurts but I'm glad to even hope after how this season started.