Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Not Particularly Strange IRL Classic Rock Feuds

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Eh. That segment of 60s bands has talked shit since they were 20 and not much has changed. Daltrey is one of the very few who is also pretty tongue in cheek; he absolutely knows that the 2024 Stones, unlike the Who, are an actual band and not two guys (one of whom doesn't play an instrument by and large) proudly going through the motions.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Cream and Paul McCartney have ripped on the Stones for being middling talents as well.

A lot of it is jealousy based that the Stones are, for a lack of a better term, the “cool band “ of that group and still performing at a relatively high level.

Idk what Macca’s problem since he is just as beloved and plays at the same venues as the Stone. He is probably just taking the piss out of them. He played on their last album.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Most of these guys are all friends, or at least good enough friends to do business over and over, so it doesn't matter. Also anything involving Clapton talking shit is kinda disqualified because it's Clapton.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I really just kinda don't think of the Beach Boys after like 1969 except for the stellar Muppet version of "Kokomo."

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mellencamp is touring with Bob Dylan this summer. I imagine there will be a hilariously awkward “Hey Bob. Your kid’s an asshole!” backstage conversation.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Roger Waters: I’m glad to have one of my contemporaries behind me, protesting Israel’s apartheid regime. It pleases me to have the support of a legend like—-
Waters: Aw bloody hell…

Valeyard

Reaction score
Twitter catching itself after going "finally a Clapton W" was pretty funny.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Rotten is the punk Ted Nugent so whatever, keep him from paydays. But you gotta be a sucker paying for a Pistols show anyway.