Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NXT Two Point... Oh No What Are We Ever Going To Do???

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Brunette Mandy? Nooooo.

Reminds me when Kaitlyn became a brunette and was out of the company 3 months later. NOOOOOOOO.
Sorry dude, I'm breaking ranks cause brunette Mandy and Toxic Attraction are killing the game.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Still prefer her as a blonde but agree Toxic Attraction are one of the top acts of the company.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So Shawn Michaels has been filling in for Triple H while Triple H recovers from his heart attack.

That explains the look of the show...it's what was hip when HBK was in the 18 to 34 demographic!
Edit
I guess that explains the early-mid '90s aesthetic. Ah eee ooh ah oooh
I already made this joke. And it rocked IIRC

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Now I know why watching NXT 2.0 makes me want to go to a friends house to play Streets or Rage 2 on Sega, watch the X Files on Friday at 8 and get up Saturday morning to watch a HBK/Bret Hart match.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Also great job, WWE. You chose a guy who admittedly barely knows how to use the internet to run your youth targeted brand. No wonder why @Mr. S£im Citrus is the youngest regular viewer of NXT!

wwf-shawn.gif

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Maybe but I feel like even then there was a vocal "Braun should go to AEW cause they need people to resonate with kids and casual fans" minority. Even people who like Gargano like myself know he'd get lost in the shuffle in AEW.

Personally, I think Johnny Gargano and Impact Wrestling would be just about a perfect fit but I doubt that's likely to happen but maybe! It seems like there at least trying to make themselves be known in big free agent searches.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
So the cruiserweight title officially has no weight limit and they're doing an angle where Joe Gacy is trying to change the name of 205 Live. Congrats WWE, You've officially gutted whatever was left of the cruiserweight division.

RIP 2016 - 2021 ("Pfft, more like 2019" - @King Kamala Holidays )

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Darby's a trash person. It's the serious reason I'll never be totally on board with him.

I caught a little of whatever this NXT 2.0 thing is and it felt tame and soulless with too much happening. Shit was the marshmallow fluff of televised wrestling.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
AJ Styles showing up tonight and Brian Kendrick returns next week. I see they're trying to get those early 2000s ROH fans.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
FIIeUn0XEAQsHIB

Guess this is it. Not as offensive as comparing him to Mark Henry but still bad imo

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Doing NXT TakeOver at 11 AM CST (Noon Eastern) the morning of Mania seems like a crappy idea. There's no way WWE isn't going to burn out their fans. I'm curious if NXT can even sell out an NBA arena at this point.

Why couldn't they do it on Thursday 3-31? Combination of WrestleMania being two nights and Smackdown moving to Fridays is throwing Mania week off hardcore.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
If I had to guess, they're looking to kneecap other promotions who would be running shows around that same time leading to the big show.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Maybe not but you really think WWE is above being this petty? Pretty sure there are indies who run shows this early (as well as Mania after-shows which I can't comprehend. You just sat through a 7 hour show and you want to sit through more wrestling which likely won't be a as good?)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's a pretty crappy attempt at being petty if that's what they're trying to do. WrestleCon and a few other small indies have shows at the time but Idk if there's anything else that's even streaming live at that time.

If anything, it's probably just solidifying that they're going for the family friendly set since the hardcores will probably be still resting from Joey Janela's Spring Break Part 2 which should end around 2 AM that morning.

claydude14

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I watched NXT 2.0 for the first time last night. Are there always that many backstage vignettes? It seemed wildly overdone and trying way hard to be hip, especially the intro with Mandy Rose’s faction texting.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Doing NXT TakeOver at 11 AM CST (Noon Eastern) the morning of Mania seems like a crappy idea. There's no way WWE isn't going to burn out their fans. I'm curious if NXT can even sell out an NBA arena at this point.

Why couldn't they do it on Thursday 3-31? Combination of WrestleMania being two nights and Smackdown moving to Fridays is throwing Mania week off hardcore.

They're going head to head with EFFY's Big Gay Brunch. No way they're going to outdraw that. EFFY is going to finish the job that AEW started.