Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

OAO 118th United States Congress discussion thread.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well, it looks like the Republicans will just barely win the House while the Democrats will retain control of the Senate (and perhaps slightly pad their lead depending on result of Georgia runoff). It's widely speculated that Nancy Pelosi will step down from a leadership role. Elsewhere in California, Kevin McCarthy after a slight scare has held onto his role as House GOP role (and presumably Speaker of the House)

Will these clowns be able to get anything done? Who will replace Pelosi (assuming she steps down)? Discuss all that and more ITT!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Kyrsten Sinema has left the Democratic Party. Apparently, she only told Chuck Schumer last night. I wonder if @Incandenza found out with the rest of us.

Tbh, I can kind of see the rationale behind it. It reduces her chances of getting primaried out of office. She'll just lose in the general election to a Republican after her and the Democratic candidate split the vote...

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score

"President Joe Biden has said he will promptly sign the measure, which requires all states to recognize same-sex marriages.

... would also protect interracial unions by requiring states to recognize legal marriages regardless of "sex, race, ethnicity, or national origin."

The legislation would not require states to allow same-sex couples to marry, as Obergefell now does. But it would require states to recognize all marriages that were legal where they were performed and protect current same-sex unions if the Supreme Court decision were overturned."

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not getting the amount of joy most people are from this circus because I don't think it leads to anything good or actually changes anything and as soon as dipfuck gets his votes the GOP will get right back to actively trying to destroy society. That said, I can't lie and say some of this shit isn't hilarious enough to make me laugh/briefly forget AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, but even then I make the mistake of reading replies and get depressed with how quick the true believers show up screaming about RINOs and...(goes to make sure he took his meds today. I swear I did, but it fucking hurts still.)

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He’s got to focus on preparing for spring training.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score