Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

RIP Brodie Lee

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sad day. I think I saw Curt Hawkins post first and had to click on the picture thinking there was a 3rd person in the photo.

Big E's post was amazing, as was Bray's and the video Satin posted was great too.

I always secretly hoped that his work was so good with Orton and Bray in the moment that he was somehow going to get inserted into the title match at WM33.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sad day. I think I saw Curt Hawkins post first and had to click on the picture thinking there was a 3rd person in the photo.

Big E's post was amazing, as was Bray's and the video Satin posted was great too.

I always secretly hoped that his work was so good with Orton and Bray in the moment that he was somehow going to get inserted into the title match at WM33.
Me too. I thought there was a chance he could. He was so over in the match with Orton from Elimination Chamber 2017 and in hindsight it was the right choice to put him in that match since that Orton/Bray match was a colossal disaster.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
It's really hit me today. Last night was hard enough, now it's different.

Does anyone have some recommendations for his pre-WWE stuff? I always knew the name more than the body of work before then.

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I didn't see this last night and woke up to it this morning. It was like being punched in the face. I've had sand in my eyes a couple times today thinking about it. Dude was only 41 and was finally in a spot to get recognition for how awesome he is and damn it this fucking sucks. I haven't felt this shitty since Eddie died.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I read tonight that Bryan Alvarez claims he heard a rumor that Brodie went into the ICU two months ago but since there was no second source and people weren’t saying anything, he assumed he was doing better until the recent dark match with his kid and Brodie was not there.

So that timeline basically has him being admitted to the hospital not too long after the dog collar match...

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I can't even imagine the hell someone must feel with a lung condition running the ropes and doing stuff in a ring. You'd have to figure he was feeling symptoms while still performing with how fast it all seems to have happened. :confused:

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Brodie was on the AEW official podcast with Tony Schiavone and Aubrey Edwards on the 10/26 episode, which was a few weeks following his final television appearance. I tried listening to some of it tonight and it was rough hearing things like them telling him he will get his chance to work an AEW show in Rochester.

I don’t know if this was diagnosed before the Dog Collar match but from stuff he said, it sounded like this was at least going on then as he made a joke that he was dealing with some health stuff and still after the match his son only cared about the championship.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
John Silver has a really nice story about Brodie’s generosity.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
John Silver has a really nice story about Brodie’s generosity.

John posted this on Twitter, and Tony Khan's reply:

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Alvarez just announced on WOL that Wednesday's entire show is being rewritten. He couldn't go into detail, but it appears they are doing a Brodie Lee tribute show.

Staff member
Reaction score
Alvarez just announced on WOL that Wednesday's entire show is being rewritten. He couldn't go into detail, but it appears they are doing a Brodie Lee tribute show.

WWE should do the same thing. I'm sure there are a lot of people who have stories they would like to tell.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I was hoping WWE at least does a video tribute but sadly I only am expecting a title card from them, if anything.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was thinking, maybe for one night, maybe they cancel NXT for the week to allow AEW to air the Brodie tribute show, but I can't see that happening.

i mean trying explaining to the network you want to not air new content to help out a competitor because someone died and see how far that goes. Yes it's a nice thought but in no way realisitc.