Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Sony Repartee v2

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've literally heard of none of those games except for No Man's Sky.

I guess I'll just be a trend-following basic AAA gamer from now on. Nothing wrong with that, just play what you like right? Nobody here is a crazed video game snob that hates casual gamers. Right? Right? *gets locked away for being a casual gamer*

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Damaramu said:

I guess I'll just be a trend-following basic AAA gamer from now on. Nothing wrong with that, just play what you like right? Nobody here is a crazed video game snob that hates casual gamers. Right? Right? *gets locked away for being a casual gamer*
Who said any of that stuff about trend-following or being basic? And why are we suddenly video game snobs? Because we know what indie games are? I literally gave you what you asked for - "I'm probably wrong again and happy to be told I'm wrong with examples though" - politely and cordially and you come back with your usual Dama-nonsense. This is why people feel like they can't have, or don't want to have, a conversation with you.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Damaramu said:

I've heard of a couple of them (Divinity and Wasteland) and I'm pretty casual gaming wise. Also Indy gaming is starting to become more like Indy wrestling in that if you dig a little deeper, you'll find a lot of very varied good to great games and big news on some of the games mentioned above by Dubq. Just because you haven't heard of a game doesn't make it a snob type knowledge thing. If anything, stuff like that (for me personally far more movies), is great because it makes me want to dig a little into the games I don't know.

Closest equivalent I'd call it would be you being dismissive of Indy wrestling based on watching some local Oklahoma Indy that only focuses on WWE style characters with little in-ring action while saying you've never heard of PGW or SHIMMER or APW.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
angry.walls.that.steal.the.air said:
Damaramu said:

Who said any of that stuff about trend-following or being basic? And why are we suddenly video game snobs? Because we know what indie games are? I literally gave you what you asked for - "I'm probably wrong again and happy to be told I'm wrong with examples though" - politely and cordially and you come back with your usual Dama-nonsense. This is why people feel like they can't have, or don't want to have, a conversation with you.

Absolutely everything I said was not directed at you guys and was just a (apparently bad) joke directed at people I see in youtube videos, facebook comments, etc. that hate AAA titles and are almost hispterish about their video gaming. Or competitive gamers that think playing a game for story or fun is wrong.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I think it's that more popular indie titles are generally more player-centric than your average AAA title. I mean, COD WWII is garbage, but only a handful of improvements have been made since release. Comparatively, Rocket League routinely makes improvements that the playerbase wants (or at least approves of), and it's been that way since before it was the huge eSport it's become.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
September's PS+ games are Destiny 2 (they must really want to boost their base for the new expansion coming out) and God of War III Remastered, which is awesome because I've wanted to play it but just never got around to actually buying it.

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
KingPK said:
September's PS+ games are Destiny 2 (they must really want to boost their base for the new expansion coming out) and God of War III Remastered, which is awesome because I've wanted to play it but just never got around to actually buying it.

Looks like they dropped Destiny 2 early as well, can grab it now

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Massive policy change from Sony wrt cross platform play. Working on beta for Fortnite and more third party support to follow. This is pretty huge given how stubborn they've been on this.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/09/26/extended-fortnite-cross-play-beta-launches-on-ps4-starting-today/

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Please be real. https://kotaku.com/game-developers-say-theyre-preparing-for-psn-name-chang-1829521254

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Its official. Starts early next year, first one is free and additional are 9.9o or 4.99 for plus members. Now if only they'd get rid of their stupid policy where email addresses cant be too similar to your user name.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Keep your eyes on your e-mail because for Plus members they are sending out codes for three free months of Netflix that are redeemable even if you are already a Netflix member.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Hope Tomcat Alley gets the remaster its so richly deserves in a couple of years.

FAKE EDIT: I just realized there's a Sega CD FMV curse - Dana Plato, Corey Haim, Michael Hutchence, one of the C's in C&C Music Factory, that guy from Kris Kross all died early. At least Scottie Pippen is still kickin'.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Monthly Playstaion Plus free games will no longer include PS3 or PS Vista games. What a jip.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
PS3 ended its life cycle years ago and they aren't even making Vita's anymore.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I still play a lot of older games on the PS3 that haven’t come over to the PS4 yet, so getting a free game every month wasn’t the worst thing in the world.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm unable to sign into the PSN. I've changed my password 3 times and power cycled the system once.

Getting a bit annoyed.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Next months PS+ freebies are The Last of Us and MLB The Show '19. I've had my eye on both games so this works great for me.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-10-29-sony-secures-trademarks-for-ps6-ps7-ps8-ps9-and-even-ps10

I'm going to start saving for PS 10.

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-10-30-ps4-overtakes-wii-and-ps1-to-become-second-best-selling-home-console-of-all-time

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/04/14/announcing-the-play-at-home-initiative/

The Uncharted Collection and Journey are going to be free starting tomorrow.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Last of Us 2 has been postponed indefinitely.

Any pre orders through PSN have been refunded and there is now no scheduled release date.

Fucking Covid, i thought the game would have been done but they probably cant run a factory to print the disks.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The PS2 Grand Theft Auto series is on sale on the PSN right now. There's a qualifier that some things might not port correctly.

Anyone have these on their system?

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
SFH said:
The PS2 Grand Theft Auto series is on sale on the PSN right now. There's a qualifier that some things might not port correctly.

Anyone have these on their system?

Yeah. GTA III's controls are hard to get used to because they're out dated. VC and SA are missing tracks. Some people complain about the visuals and they didn't spend a lot of time enhancing them.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Thanks, y'all.

I'm really unhappy with how PS2 projects onto my TVs these days so I was hopeful I could enjoy those classics in a more appropriate resolution.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
SFH said:
Thanks, y'all.

I'm really unhappy with how PS2 projects onto my TVs these days so I was hopeful I could enjoy those classics in a more appropriate resolution.

Unless the game had a full remaster for PS4, your best bet to make PS2 games look nice on a modern TV, is with a launch model PS3. The polygon smoothing was really top notch.