Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Meltzer Thread

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
The Ospreay I like doesn't touch the Funk I like under any metric. Bruv.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
If you don't see how Funk was a great wrestler I feel like you don't understand what makes wrestling great to begin with. But there's a practical matter here too. Ospreay is 31 and by any measure he's had a great career with a lot of classic matches. Terry Funk turned 31 in 1975. Almost none of Funk's early '70s is on tape. Imagine if Ospreay's entire career up to now disappeared into the void.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Probably needs to be said but Dave obviously has a tremendous fear of aging. He will be 65 next month. This is clearly influencing these takes. He doesn't want time to pass him by so he is clinging on to the younger generation(s)

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Lmao that’s actually hilarious.

Imagine some 65 year old guy who desperately wants to look relevant to gen z by blasting Chappelle Roan in his car.

Valeyard

Reaction score
See Meltz feels more like the type of guy who thinks Train is the coolest.

Valeyard

Reaction score
The Bryan Adams thing is really funny, and not just because there is 100% no doubt he listened to him because of his name.

Man, it's weird I'm sure but if I saw him at any show that isn't wrestling, I'd bug him. I don't care about star ratings or anything but I want to know what other pop culture he actually enjoys or has a passion for.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
He did an interview years ago where he said his favorite show is Friends and his favorite artist is Springsteen. He also went to a Paul McCartney concert once. His cultural tastes are very basic and mainstream, in sharp contrast to his weirdo outlaw wrestling tastes.

Valeyard

Reaction score
He did an interview years ago where he said his favorite show is Friends and his favorite artist is Springsteen. He also went to a Paul McCartney concert once. His cultural tastes are very basic and mainstream, in sharp contrast to his weirdo outlaw wrestling tastes.
Does he have any feelings one way or another on the New England comedy scene?

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
didn't he go to a Ringo Starr concert for his birthday a few years ago? He was mad because he missed a (wrestling) show or something

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
The Bryan Adams thing is really funny, and not just because there is 100% no doubt he listened to him because of his name.
Lmfao I didn’t even think about that.

Someone should put meltz onto Action Bronson. He raps about old school wrestlers and won’t trigger Dave’s uhhh ‘biases’.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
JPEGMAFIA should be Dave's favorite musician. The rapper has name dropped multiple AEW guys including Darby Allin and Tony Khan himself. He also has a song called HBK and has the Edge "You Think You Know Me" sample a bunch through his songs. The latter tripped me out and made me think the song was going to turn into Altar Bridge. He also included JR screaming in the background of one of his songs.

Dave's head would probably explode if he tried to listen to him, based on the Bryan Adams love.