Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

What is the best WWF Lex Luger Match?

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
His Survivor Series 1993 match wasn't half bad.

I'm not sure there'll be any candidates from WM 10 to the end of his run there. He just didn't have any motivation and, imo, deservedly so.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Actually, I'd probably say the IC Title match on RAW during build up to SummerSlam '94 against Diesel.

Edit- It's the 7-18-94 RAW if anyone wants to go on Peacock and tell me it actually sucks and my memory is wrong.

Tbh, if you can leave the goofy finish aside for a moment which admittedly is a MASSIVE hurdle, the SummerSlam '93 main event is a pretty dang decent big dumb classic era WWF main event match.

Last edited:

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
His Survivor Series 1993 match wasn't half bad.

I'm not sure there'll be any candidates from WM 10 to the end of his run there. He just didn't have any motivation and, imo, deservedly so.
The Raw match with Diesel might be his best one that Kamala mentioned, vale shared it in the thread for matches I asked for and am behind on

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
When I was in Milwaukee for a toy convention this weekend, we walked into one of the toy stores near the convention. The owner had on Luger vs Hogan on Nitro. I walked right up to the TV and said to him "Is this the August 97 Nitro where Luger beats Hogan for the belt, only to lose it 6 days later? (Pause and sheepishly grin) "Uhhhh....not that I watch this trash...." He cut me a deal on toys.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That Nitro match is good. It's the run, albeit abbreviated, that he had earned in 1990. More importantly, it is the moment he had earned.

Staff member
Reaction score
The Summerslam 93 match is good even though it has a horrible ending.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Monsoon didn't give a fuck. JR is an active cancer. Both, I guess, I'm Team Gorilla for life. I'll take the asshole over the anchor any time.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Seems like Monsoon fell off when Raw started. No more Prime Time wrestling and dropped from the ppv A-team. I think I'd be grumpy, too.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It seemed like he still occasionally cared in the New Generation era. The weird team he had with Johnny Polo had decent chemistry. I think he really (especially understandably) lost his passion when Joey Marella died in July ‘94.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
That last one is in an insanely specific time period where Luger is still heel but the crowd's chanting "1-2-3" at Razor. I'm guessing that was the closest they got to any kind of payoff for the Wrestlemania IX weekend angle with Bret and Luger.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
It was a big deal at the time. Even when I went through the iwc phase where everyone hated on him, part of me always recognized how big that slam was. I posted about it recently but the kids following him when he landed looked like some biblical shit.