Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Wrestlemania 25

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That's the right outcome. Hopefully he can keep it for awhile now and bring some stability to the belt.

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Fuck a buncha Hogan slamming Andre, that was the most impressive show of strength on any Wrestlemania ever.

Aero

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was about to point out how weird it was to see Austin at a WWE event without him doing the usual stuff, too.

LPM

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Heh, JR getting the vintage line in was funny.

Aero

Integral Poster
Reaction score
6foot9 said:
i missed the HOF ceremony last night, did the crowd "what" Austin?

No, although I think I heard at least one person do a lone 'what' at some point.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
That would have been better if Austin dragged all the Hall of Famers into the ring to drink beer, then stunned Terry Funk

M

Matt Young

Jebus said:
Matt Young said:
I knew they wouldn't let Edge keep the belt for longer than a month and a half.

I love Edge but his title reigns are one of the main reasons the World Titles don't mean shit anymore.
His last 3 reigns were awful and useless.

It's not his fault.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I know this is the main event of Wrestlemania and all that, so the outcome is probably not in his favour, but Orton needs to win this match. If he fails to win the title here, he is destined to remain below the glass ceiling.

Jebus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Matt Young said:
Jebus said:
Matt Young said:
I knew they wouldn't let Edge keep the belt for longer than a month and a half.

I love Edge but his title reigns are one of the main reasons the World Titles don't mean shit anymore.
His last 3 reigns were awful and useless.

It's not his fault.

Of course it's not...Doesn't make those reigns any less useless.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Damn that HHH! He's holding down that camera man by being on his cable! He can't go anywhere!

Stand by.

LPM

Integral Poster
Reaction score
fazzle said:
Damn that HHH! He's holding down that camera man by being on his cable! He can't go anywhere!

Stand by.

I enjoyed that.

Aero

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I can understand the 'lose the title on a DQ' rule being added, since HHH was likely to attack Orton with the sledgehammer and whatever else, but the countout rule is silly.

LPM

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hahaha punt on Orton, that's a fun spot.

N

naiwf

Can someone explain the ending? My stream cut out right before it.

LPM

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well, he wasn't really getting up from a punt and a sledgehammer. I suppose this will lead to some "I really should be the champ" angle from Orton?

Pretty underwhelming finish though.

Edit: HHH punted Orton, hit him with the sledgehammer, hid the sledgehammer. Then he punched him 20 times in the head, and finally gave him the pedigree.

6foot9

bwah off
Reaction score
god my fantasy team sucked tonight. Finlay, MVP, Jeff Hardy, and Orton all lost, Morrison got relegated to dark match (and lost), and Dreamer and Noble were probably going to be lumberjacks, but yea. Booo :(.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad I saved my $55 and watched the Braves win instead. Though I do need to check out UT/HBK.

Aero

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I really liked the way that whole finishing sequence was done, with Orton finally getting his comeuppance by being punted, hammered, and pummeled... basically just getting his ass kicked. It was just unfortunate that the crowd didn't seem to care, but I'd say they were kind of burnt out by this point or they were expecting some kind of swerve/big finish.

The match itself wasn't bad or good, just really average.

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Horribly anticlimactic finish to a fairly pedestrian main event. Really needed some blood, and there wasn't a drop.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Was it just me or did HHH/Orton kind of suck? I didn't see all of it, but everything I saw was just pretty basic and lame.