Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Wrestling Books Discussion Zone

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Cross post with the wrestling merch thread. We’ve discussed before Countdown to Lockdown being decent. RVD is selling his copy from his collection (that apparently he bought from Big Lots)

OldSchoolWrestling

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Had anyone read Dutch Mantel's book, The World According to Dutch "? I'm halfway through. I paid $25 which was the cheapest I could find it. So far it's an easy read but nothing great. One thing I found interesting was he an Jeff Jarrett were asked to wrestle for a PBS type special where they wrestled while a percussion orchestra was playing behind them. I watched a clip on YouTube and it is something to see.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
...I mean, when you're right, you're right...huge bonus points for the art also featuring the best joshi deathmatch EVER.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Still really curious about that. I think this could be surprisingly real good or a bust. I defintely think, at least, it won't be a boring rote wrestler autobiography.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
dl48x34gxtw71.jpg

Mox book looks like it's just transcriptions of Mox rambling his life story.

Definitely will buy this.

• Love
Reactions: Laz

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
It appears that Mox will be doing the reading for his own audiobook. I liked the Bucks’ audiobook, but the person reading messed up so many names. Hearing Moxley read his own book, especially pages like this, is going to be amazing.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Anyone who reads it just wants to deal with the X Factor.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Finding out from the TNA History podcast that Bert Prentice's autobiography just came out posthumously. I might have to pick it up for the early TNA stories and to see if there are any good Jingus stories.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Prentice was notorious for his creepiness. Even Jingus said so, I think. I'm not scouring for it.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well. I guess I know why Jerry Lawler wrote the foreword. I guess I will read the Justin Credible book instead.

Valeyard

Reaction score

A lot of shit like this. I wanna read Prentice's book now. Cluck alone.

Super Leather

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Has anyone read the Mad Dog Vachon biography? I got a copy about a month or so ago and it's in a big pile of books-to-read.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
FLUMFM_XIAEHHUp

I guess I'd rather read it than Tyrus' book.
Any review of this? Kind of curious to hear his take on the WWF backstage + the ECW era from his arrival to him being pushed as the man towards the end of the promotion.