Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWE in Summer of 2024: Best in the World at annoying Drew McIntyre

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
San Francisco 49er star (and also a massive rasslin nerd. He's also friends with Penta. Although maybe not to the extent that Vale is accusing her of being friends with George Kittle.)

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Stephanie Vaquer signed with WWE. I understand and respect her decision to not sign full-time with the company who employs the guy who called for the release of her abuser but there's a lot of heat on her now because they wouldn't let her finish her commitments to CMLL and New Japan.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I heard she no showed CMLL to go to MITB

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Stephanie Vaquer signed with WWE. I understand and respect her decision to not sign full-time with the company who employs the guy who called for the release of her abuser but there's a lot of heat on her now because they wouldn't let her finish her commitments to CMLL and New Japan.
She will be working shows in Mexico this weekend for WWE.

Staff member
Reaction score
Reportedly by WrestleVotes, Survivor Series will be held in Los Angeles at the new Intuit Dome on 11/30.
Gonna have to look at prices for that. Like I ain’t paying 300 dollars if they try to charge like that for a lower bowl seat but I’ll go. That being said their five match card shit might make me change my mind.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think they are so hot right now that the prices will be that high, especially for a first WWE event in the arena.

I was looking at Summerslam prices and its just too rich for my blood.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
She will be working shows in Mexico this weekend for WWE.
Also she will be keeping her name. Some people thought they couldn’t possibly have another Stephanie in the WWE canon.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
MCMG left TNA a few months back and it was assumed they'd end up in AEW. Rumors are now circulating that WWE may actually be their destination. As much as I love them, I don't think I can watch weekly WWE TV to be able to see them. If they end up in NXT though, I'd likely watch weekly.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Given that DIY is already teasing them and that Sabin is allegedly interested in a training position and Shelley has publicly said to a known source “he would have to get paid tremendously to leave his full time job”, it feels inevitable.

Source: @909

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
Given that DIY is already teasing them and that Sabin is allegedly interested in a training position and Shelley has publicly said to a known source “he would have to get paid tremendously to leave his full time job”, it feels inevitable.

Source: @909
That's basically what I said to a friend of mine when he told me about this rumor. I could see them coming into NXT as a "player coach" pair, training the younger crop that are basically doing the kind of work that MCMG helped pioneer 20something years ago to help get them a bit tighter and more polished, maybe having a few matches and feuds on the main shows.

Especially with adding heel tendencies to fancy workrate stuff. The only X-Division OG that could better balance being a heel with putting on exciting athletic matches than Sabin would probably be Kid Kash, but he's such a known prick at this point that he'd never get that call. Shelley also has his physical therapy training to give him extra value in the locker room.

MCMG in NXT just feels right to me.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Meltz is saying WWE will be signing MCMG.

This has been pretty obvious for a month and should be a good fit for what both parties want.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Anyone complaining about that can get a life. They made a decision that was best for them and their families. I sure would have loved if they signed with AEW but it's fine if they wanna give Stamford a try.

As I mentioned, I don't see myself stomaching WWE's weekly programming to see them but I will watch NXT if they wind up there.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm disappointed because I just don't want them in WWE and wish they would be anywhere else, but I want what's best for them. Always have.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So is WWE such a fast charging train right now that there can't be any criticism about how the last month of SmackDown has ended the same way?

It's funny because its not like its outright bad, but they did the Paul Heyman part which was the best, but have done the same thing the last three weeks. And I'm sure the response would be "we're building up the anticipation of Roman Reigns coming back", but I think the counter would be is that is a lot of circling in place and they are buliding up for a big story line with a guy who may wrestle only 3 times or less in this calendar year.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Nah, I'll admit WWE hasn't been terrible this year but their TV and booking still has a lot of flaws. I really can't get over their 4-5 match cards for Smackdown (Raw seems to be loaded weekly).

Valeyard

Reaction score
Beatdown Clan takeover sounds fine to me.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tamina is also off the internal roster page.
Trade Malakai, Miro, Starks for Hurt Business?

I'd love them to bring in MVP with Bobby but @909 pointed out to me they won't bring in MVP because he once attacked Jericho, which is a good point. Even if MVP was totally justified they don't want to bring in a guy with a history of getting into backstage fights after the problems they've already had.

They should definetly bring in Bob and Shelton for a run though.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
So is WWE such a fast charging train right now that there can't be any criticism about how the last month of SmackDown has ended the same way?
I think the goodwill of the product being that much better under Haitch is carrying a lot of the weight, but let's not pretend that most shows from 1998-1999 ended with "Austin finds a way to screw Vince over" or that 2000 wasn't predominantly "HHH is a bastard."

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Or that the vast majority of WCW shows ended with a fuck finish and Sting showing up and the heels running away.

Cody getting beat up again and again is classic Eddie Graham inspired Dusty shit and it worked then until it didn’t.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I'm fine with Lashley in AEW but he needs a manager. He's not a strong talker. If it can't be MVP then they need to pair him with someone else.