Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2024 Election

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I would have had to switch my registration back to Democrat. I'm independent right now and I don't feel like becoming a Democrat again to write someone unless it's someone I really really like.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score

I really want to find out how Dean Phillips went from Biden dork cheerleader to hating him with the fire of a thousand suns (enough to get baited by satire accounts) for really no reason.

Yeah, he is too old but he was too old when Dean Phillips was annoying everyone by taking too many selfies on Air Force One.
Ok if he continues to shit on the least funny account on Twitter I will consider voting for him.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You get it bro
I don't have any studies to back this up, but I'd also add a couple of three things:
  • GOP voting base gamble more than the Democrat voting base
  • Those betting on Trump will probably do so if his odds are +150 or -150. Maybe Vegas thinks they can milk more out of bettors with juice -- regardless of how they really feel about Trump's chances?

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

The Romney whale who bet 4-7 million on him made me laugh. It feels like the data is pretty inconclusive on this being any more accurate. If anything it feels like just another way for rich people to manipulate public perception.

I also think it's way to soon to be putting money on an election that's most of a year away, when both candidates look and sound like they could drop dead at a stiff breeze.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I am definitely one of those “Gavin Newsome/Kamala Harris is going to replace Joe” types but fact of the matter, we are still almost nine months away from the election and a lot could happen.

LBJ didn’t drop out until March 31st of 1968. I still think health issues or some sort of current event that fucks him in the polls even more could cause Biden to bow out.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

"I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want"

This stuff is like every single day.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah. That’s why I think the Biden is senile aspect is a little overblown. It’s not like Trump is still working with a full deck of cards mentally (if he ever was!)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well, maybe promising to work with the other party isn’t a losing campaign strategy.

I’d like to think Trump killing the bipartisan immigration bill (and soon, the foreign aid bill) will hurt him with swing voters but who knows?

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's exciting that John Fetterman is taking the reigns of "cynical opportunist who quickly works at alienating the people that voted for them" from her, though. But he isn't my type.

Staff member
Reaction score
I voted for Katie Porter just a few minutes ago. I fucking hate Adam Schiff so that’s a non starter for me.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I just found out Maine switched to a semi-open primary (you can’t switch parties but independents like myself can vote Republican or Democrat) this year but there’s really no one I wanted to vote for (especially since Marianne Williamson didn’t qualify for the ballot) so I couldn’t find the motivation to make it to the polls today.

I am not dark Biden pilled enough to want to support him in a primary but I don’t feel the need to vote him against him either. If I thought Nikki Haley had a shot at winning Maine, I might consider a protest vote but I’d honestly feel way worse voting for her than I would Marianne Williamson.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I switched from NPA to DEM for the 2020 primary so I could vote for Bernie. Now Bernie spouts mealy-mouthed horseshit about Israel-Palestine and I haven't bothered to switch back to NPA.

I don't know that I have a point here.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Other than you’re going to replace me as the board’s Jill Stein booster?

I very specifically and angrily switched my registration back to independent after they piled on BernDawg in 2020. But we were also in the middle of the pandemic so I had a lot of spare time and the ability to do these things without leaving the house so that helped.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sheer laziness on my part re: not switching back. I live in a closed-primary state so being NPA limited me primary-wise.