Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2024 Election

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I thought I lived in a closed primary state until today too. Closed or not, I’m not going to reward the shittiest field of primary candidates of my lifetime. I want to save my energy for the shittiest general election of my lifetime.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
A few years back, I encountered someone collecting signatures to put on the ballot that Florida should be an open-primary state. I happily signed it. The person then showed me another thing they wanted me to sign, this one being a referendum on if Florida was to remain a closed-primary state, then we should limit voting locations to those that did not receive taxpayer dollars, because no taxation without representation, etc. I laughed at this—I literally laughed in the person's face, told them I wasn't signing it and walked away. Fuckin' libertarians, man. Just dogshit stupid, these people.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
"If you don't give us what we want we'll fight to make things even worse."

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought I lived in a closed primary state until today too. Closed or not, I’m not going to reward the shittiest field of primary candidates of my lifetime. I want to save my energy for the shittiest general election of my lifetime.
I dunno, winding up with either Trump or Hillary was probably as bad especially given how hawkish Hillary is.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hilary was bad but at least there were no obvious concerns of cognitive decline (as much as Jack Posobiec would want us to believe) and Trump was slightly less worse (and had less cognitive issues of his own) eight years ago.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
She sucked, but yeah, we weren't facing the top two guys being people whose brains are clearly dripping out of their ears whenever they're on camera. I've seen some rather weak defense of Biden on that front—including on this board—but I don't think it does anyone any good to pretend that Biden isn't as mentally impaired as Trump is.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think my question/thought would be is a mentally declining Biden more/less dangerous than a sharp Hillary? I don't think he's proven to be so far. Hillary also was showing signs on the campaign trail of breaking down physically, I mean she literally collapsed on 9/11.

Anyone running for President (of any age) should probably have to undergo a health test by a neutral body and make the results public at this point.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mark Cuban just said today that he’d take Biden being given his last rites over Trump.

So we can add Mark Cuban to the list of “people I never thought I’d agree with before this election cycle” right alongside Chris Sununu.

Sununu would probably vote for Trump being given his last rites on death row over Biden though!

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Biden is going to die and we get a replacement that does everything better, like in Dave.

I'm not a Biden fan but he's the old man that's more alligned with my ideals and it wouldn't be throwing a vote away during an important election. That he sounds like an unclean boat motor and looks like the Zombi poster are just, you know, details.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jill Stein is an MD. I don’t think she was ever actually anti vaxx. She is a flim flam (wo)man just trying to cater to her base. She is just like any of the conservative hucksters but with a much smaller audience.

(Geez, way I worded first part this post shows you why I am running away with my RFK Jr supporter poll in GTG)

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jill Stein is an MD. I don’t think she was ever actually anti vaxx. She is a flim flam (wo)man just trying to cater to her base. She is just like any of the conservative hucksters but with a much smaller audience.

(Geez, way I worded first part this post shows you why I am running away with my RFK Jr supporter poll in GTG)
she does believe in the idea that wifi fries peoples brains though! MD!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well, thankfully her specialty wasn’t neurology.

Speaking of flim flam men. How in the hell is their Libertarian Party going to reconcile their ideals with putting their hopes on a environmental activist? It’s OK for them cause he is a wacky skeptic now? I guess that is probably it.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lord knows many false obituaries have been written about Trump’s political career but I hope this time it will take.

(Even though I bet him or one of his surrogates will run in 2028 too)

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
My early predictions:

I say Biden wins and wins by a wider margin than 2020 (not quite a blowout). Trump and his followers will whine and we'll get something that will make Jan. 6 looks like a day at the playground.

It's still early so I'll update my predictions later. The key is VOTING. Get everyone you know to get out there and vote against Trump.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Smart thinking. Can’t just dismiss the third party voters like they did in 2016.
Or, you know...you (the DNC) could meet with third party candidates that are left-leaning and discuss how to appeal to undecided voters.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
We all make mistakes. (I'm not sure if you consider those votes mistakes, but, you know) There are plenty of reasons why we might've done things differently at another time than we would now. Learned more, different ideals, lived experiences, etc. I couldn't vote yet 2000 but I talked some folks into voting for Harry Browne, the Libertarian candidate; probably would be talking people into voting for Gore knowing what I'd know later. I almost voted for the Libertarian in 2004 but went for Kerry (whom I'd campaigned for with the help of bathtub peppermint schnaaps). I voted a write-in protest vote in 2012 after polling suggested Obama was going to win by a wide margin anyway.

I reckon a lot of people voted like that in 2016 expecting to be able to safely vote their personal ideals without worrying Trump would actually win.

And I think there's something to be said for Laz's idea that the Democratic party should talk with their more liberal competitors. At least those who aren't known to be wholly disingenuous already anyway.