Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2024 Election

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Nikki Haley getting 147,000 votes in the Pennsylvania primary, almost two months after she dropped out of the race, seems like a bad sign for Trump.

Trump won the 2016 general election against Hilary in PA by 68,000 votes in 2016 FWIW.

Last edited:

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
She should wear glasses. She has a Cory Chase vibe.

Gary

I'll do a drive by to Andre 3000s flute album
Reaction score

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mr. Spacey, the other day you didn't deny the allegations you were masturbating to Saving Private Ryan. Care to comment?

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The media needs to work a lot harder than they have been to help these trump people.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
This is NOT breaking news or a hot take. I was in a small city outside of Green Bay toy hunting this AM and passed a house with about 8 Trump signs on their smallish lawn. Plus 3 or 4 Trump banners on their house. My favorite was the banner that said "ELECTION INTERFERENCE" with Trump's mug shot on the side.
I bet he has a true grasp on the nuances of the issues and court cases and totally isn't just spending his days listening to Mark Levin and Sean Hannity all afternoon like my brother does.

My brother sends me almost daily anti-Biden videos, and I never reply. I send him history and family stuff and don't bother punching back.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That aged poorly quickly. Looks like Biden and Trump (but not RFK Jr) will debate on June 27th on CNN and September 10th on ABC.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think polls are really something to be following closely until the last couple of months before an election. I glanced at 538 and it has the average of polling difference at like .7 nationally. I do think this is going to be a close election.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
It’s not just the polls (too much to go into there) but I’ll just say that liberal governments in North America have become unpopular over the last four years with the way people have perceived their handling of pandemic responses, housing and inflation. If you can’t see that or don’t notice it in your day to day, you may get too much of your political info in a bubble.

No president with an approval rating lower than 40% has ever won reelection, Biden is in the high 30s right now. What is gonna change to make that go higher when the economy is prepared to hit a recession, housing issues won’t magically be solved in the next six months and his responses to Israel/Palestine make him look weak willed to people all over the political spectrum? It will probably go lower and I’m almost 100% he will lose.

Some people here don’t like hearing opposing opinions on this topic (I seem to invite sarcasm and downvotes from the same people every time) but I think it’s healthy to get a different perspective and I’d be more than happy for someone else to have a different perspective that puts doubt in mine. but I can’t deny what I see in the gumbo.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don’t have blinders on. It’s obvious that Biden’s chances of losing are very strong. It’s way too early to make definitive calls about what is going to happen. There is so much that can happen in the next five and a half months.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know if we are going to see another US President who averages a 50 percent approval rating. Obama's average was an overall 48, 49 in his first term, 47 in his second. Trump was 41. Despite how unpopular Trump was (and Biden as a candidate was) we should remember that both of them got historic turnouts during COVID. I'm not sure that approval ratings still translates to voter turnouts anymore. What really matters is how much you hate the other side.

It feels like North America is more divided between right and left than it has been since the early cold war. I can't even have a conversation with some of the conservatives I know because they're talking about how left wingers are all pedophiles. Everyone is so deep in their shit.

Thank goodness I know I'm the one sane person. That's why I support RFK.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I don't know if we are going to see another US President who averages a 50 percent approval rating. Obama's average was an overall 48, 49 in his first term, 47 in his second. Trump was 41. Despite how unpopular Trump was (and Biden as a candidate was) we should remember that both of them got historic turnouts during COVID. I'm not sure that approval ratings still translates to voter turnouts anymore. What really matters is how much you hate the other side.

It feels like North America is more divided between right and left than it has been since the early cold war. I can't even have a conversation with some of the conservatives I know because they're talking about how left wingers are all pedophiles. Everyone is so deep in their shit.

Thank goodness I know I'm the one sane person. That's why I support RFK.
It’s not the average, it’s what their approval is at the end of term, which is why I used Biden’s current number.

I agree that things are divided.

Re: what Kotz said, that is true and I thought about that while making my post. With that being said, things aren’t “good” for the average person and being in a state where you’re constantly worried about a recession usually means the economy isn’t that healthy. Also:

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Starting to get some key state rulings regarding election ability coming out now...

"The four acts now going into effect create a stricter signature-matching process for mail-in ballots, shorter deadlines to turn in absentee ballots, require voters who cast a provisional ballot to provide a photo ID within six days of the election and ban anyone except voters from coming within 100 feet of a polling place, including campaigners and volunteers.

“I think that’s what everyone in Arkansas has to ask themselves… Why? Why are these efforts to limit voting in any way?” State Rep. Tippi Mccullough (D-Little Rock) said. “We have the poorest turnout in any state in the country.”

"Seeming to accept of the possibility that drop boxes will be back in Wisconsin this fall further signals that some Republicans have increasingly emphasized the importance of early and absentee voting.

While Trump’s repeated attacks on absentee voting have made it tougher for Republicans who see a desperate need to encourage more ways to cast ballots, Trump himself has begun softening his stance. In recent weeks, he has posted on Truth Social about how “absentee voting, early voting and election day voting are all good options,” urging Republican voters to “make a plan, register and vote!”

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The American voters who are so dumb they think Trump is better for them economically are the kinds of folks who believed teachers make millions of dollars because that little runt Scott Walker told them so.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The American voters who are so dumb they think Trump is better for them economically are the kinds of folks who believed teachers make millions of dollars because that little runt Scott Walker told them so.
Fuck millions, I'd just like to have my classroom properly supplied for a year and not have to pay for lunches during state testing dates..

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Imagine a place where the brightest kliegs are placed upon the people who choose to be the stupidest and softest. No cloud of cigarette smoke, no Rod Serling in sight, just an actual place where a bunch of us live.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Like a sickening number of others, Haley has chosen to utterly degrade herself and endorsed the celebrity.