Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA Playoffs: Conference Semis

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Why the hell did Dallas have to win? I wanted that mismatch to end. They're just delaying the inevitable.

Golgo

Golgo
Reaction score
Very disappointed the Nuggets dropped this after their start and letting it slip late, but it had to be known the Mavs would come back strong. They'll be able to ice it in Denver anyway.

Psycho Penguin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You know, Dallas could be tied 2-2 in this series right now. Amazing considering how much better Denver is.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So Big Baby apologized. Damn.
You know if it was Dwight Howard who hit the game winner and knocked that kid over then the kid would probably never wash his shirt again.
Then again the Magic don't give the ball to Howard at the end of the games so he probably wouldn't hit the GW. So it's a moot point.

jimmy no nose

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well hey it looks like the refs found a way to potentially ruin another game. Way to go guys.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Chin up, everyone.

DANNY GRANGER WAS NAMED MOST IMPROVED PLAYER TODAY.

p1_granger-051209b.jpg

All is well in the NBA today.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Shaq's looking more and more right each day when it comes to his assessment of Stan Van Gundy. I mean, how many games has Orlando blown in these playoffs? Not to mention the games that they almost gave away.

Staff member
Reaction score
Much better. Clearly they took the Yao-less Rockets seriously this time.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Today!

1st
F: LeBron James (122) 610
F: Dirk Nowitzki (35) 383
C: Dwight Howard (116) 598
G: Kobe Bryant (119) 604
G: Dwyane Wade (103) 572

2nd
F: Tim Duncan (39) 378
F: Paul Pierce (27) 330
C: Yao Ming (8) 354
G: Chris Paul (32) 424
G: Brandon Roy 189

3rd
F: Pau Gasol (2) 165
F: Carmelo Anthony (2) 116
C: Shaquille O'Neal 68
G: Tony Parker (1) 158
G: Chauncey Billups 131

Other players receiving votes, with point totals (first team votes in parentheses): Deron Williams, Utah, 105; Kevin Garnett, Boston, 72; Chris Bosh, Toronto, 56; Joe Johnson, Atlanta, 36, Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City, 34; Danny Granger, Indiana, 25; David West, New Orleans, 12; Mo Williams, Cleveland, 10; Al Jefferson, Minnesota, 8; Steve Nash, Phoenix, 7; Antawn Jamison, Washington, 7; Ray Allen, Boston, 6; Nene, Denver, 6; Devin Harris, New Jersey, 5; LaMarcus Aldridge, Portland, 4; David Lee, New York, 4; Rajon Rondo, Boston, 2; Vince Carter, New Jersey, 1; Paul Millsap, Utah, 1; O.J. Mayo, Memphis, 1; Mehmet Okur, Utah, 1; Jermaine O'Neal, Miami, 1; Hedo Turkoglu, Orlando, 1; Derrick Rose, Chicago, 1; Caron Butler, Washington, 1; Carlos Boozer, Utah, 1; Andre Miller, Philadelphia, 1; Andre Iguodala, Philadelphia, 1.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think we all know the real reason Denver is marching towards an NBA title

1135.jpg

Yeah, I said it.

Next USC #55

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm sorry but it's quite offputting to see you, a former staunch Lakers fan, totally turn on the team now. (to VX)

Next USC #55

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ok, that's enough of the Magic, alright? As long as Dwight Howard refuses to put the team on his back in the playoffs and as long as Stan Van Gundy is their coach, the Magic will not be seeing NBA finals. It's time to accept the reality. It WILL be Lakers (Nuggets have an outside shot, maybe) vs Cavaliers (I'd say Celtics has a shot, but in all honesty, they don't).

And I don't understand people getting upset with the Lakers fans for expecting a Finals trip this year. Have you guys EVEN seen the Lakers this year? They won 1 game less than the Cavaliers, and this was done when half of their games has been played halfassed, basically. They ARE that good. Accept it.

still fly

#bae
Reaction score
It's not a big deal, Porter. Let the Laker haters have their fun now. I have confidence in my team that they can win it all, and it'll be just as sweet to talk shit if or when my Lakers win it.

Psycho Penguin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Next USC #55 said:
Ok, that's enough of the Magic, alright? As long as Dwight Howard refuses to put the team on his back in the playoffs and as long as Stan Van Gundy is their coach, the Magic will not be seeing NBA finals. It's time to accept the reality. It WILL be Lakers (Nuggets have an outside shot, maybe) vs Cavaliers (I'd say Celtics has a shot, but in all honesty, they don't).

And I don't understand people getting upset with the Lakers fans for expecting a Finals trip this year. Have you guys EVEN seen the Lakers this year? They won 1 game less than the Cavaliers, and this was done when half of their games has been played halfassed, basically. They ARE that good. Accept it.

I think the Lakers are good enough to make it, but it's not a shoo-in like their fans seem to think. That's all. Denver is really playing better than the Lakers right now.

still fly

#bae
Reaction score
Denver's playing well, but they have played the Mavs and Hornets. Let's see them against a legit team like the Lakers. If the season series is any indication, the Lakers are the superior team.

Gotta get past Houston first though.

Vitamin X

Integral Poster
Reaction score
still fly said:
It's not a big deal, Porter. Let the Laker haters have their fun now. I have confidence in my team that they can win it all, and it'll be just as sweet to talk shit if or when my Lakers win it.
Honestly, I'd rather see the Lakers win than the Cavs. I like Kobe a lot, and I've long thought he's the best player in the league.