Staff member
Reaction score
Sports Media Thread

pg2_wedprogramb_576.gif

Star Ocean 2

Star Ocean 2
Reaction score
Sports Media Thread

There was a comment on the LA Times website that said if you were to suggest to your guy friends going picnicking in the park, they'd laugh at you and call you a sissy boy, but if you suggest going to the grass outside the Rose Bowl and tailgating before a game, all of a sudden it's cool. Good point. Silly men.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Sports Media Thread

But tailgating means grilling, beer and, if you are in Los Angeles, felony assault and murder!

Vitamin X

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sports Media Thread

hahaha yes, violent crimes happen nowhere but in Los Angeles, especially not in Boston with its quaint, well-behaved sports fans!

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sports Media Thread

Tom "Killer" Kowalski, longtime beat writer for the Lions, died suddenly today at 51. It's sad for me as I grew up reading his articles in the local paper and still followed him on MLive to this day. It's especially sad since he was currently engaged and was possibly set to watch the Lions make a big jump this season after covering so many up-and-down years in Detroit.

Agent of Oblivion

Faded as fuck
Reaction score
Sports Media Thread

I totally hijacked this week's baseball thread with the sports-on-radio discussion. Basketball has its moments, like listening to the UNI/Kansas upset a couple years ago. Regular season college or Bulls games, though? Eh.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sports Media Thread

Joe McGinniss’ upcoming book Rogue: Searching for the Real Sarah Palin features claims and confirmation that the former governer and Vice Presidential nominee hooked up with three-time NBA All-Star Glen Rice circa 1987, when he was still in college and she was an Alaskan sports reporter.

Cheech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sports Media Thread

Entourage: The Movie: The Official Novelization said:
Joe McGinniss’ upcoming book Rogue: Searching for the Real Sarah Palin features claims and confirmation that the former governer and Vice Presidential nominee hooked up with three-time NBA All-Star Glen Rice circa 1987, when he was still in college and she was an Alaskan sports reporter.

Holy shit... Glen Rice made three All-Star teams?

Cheech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sports Media Thread

Why do I find this story so fascinating? Is it because I just inherently think all Republicans are racist and thus incapable of having sex with an African American?

Cheech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sports Media Thread

Vitamin X said:
He had a pretty good career with the Hornets, and apparently also a pretty good stint with a Maverick.

Yes! This one also went right past me.

I don't know why we should be surprised. Glen Rice was always good at letting people score :D

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Sports Media Thread

The best part is that the original link said her friends stated that she had a 'fetish' for black men and was all over Glen, trying to drag him away.

Staff member
Reaction score
Sports Media Thread

In all seriousness it's going to make me sad when the first lunatic comes out and says something like she hopped in bed with a black dude so she'd have no problem getting in bed with Obama. HOW CAN WE TRUST HER.

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sports Media Thread

Wow, that's really terrific. It just says so many things so well, better than I ever could, and I love talking about how terrible the NCAA and its slack-jawed townie foot soldiers are.

Staff member
Reaction score
Sports Media Thread

University administrators, already besieged from all sides, do not want to even think about such questions. Most cringe at the thought of bargaining with athletes as a general manager does in professional sports, with untold effects on the budgets for coaches and every other sports item. “I would not want to be part of it,” North Carolina Athletic Director Dick Baddour told me flatly. After 44 years at UNC, he could scarcely contemplate a world without amateur rules. “We would have to think long and hard,” Baddour added gravely, “about whether this university would continue those sports at all.”

Great. Please don't then.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sports Media Thread

Mike Tyson has weighed in on the Sarah Palin/Glen Rice thing via an ESPN radio program.

“Glen Rice is a wonderful man. He’s a wonderful guy,” Tyson said, “But you want her to be with somebody like [Dennis] Rodman getting up in there. Pushing her guts up in the back of her head!

“Glen Rice is a nice, mellow, docile man, non-threatening black guy — you want someone like Rodman — yeah baby! Imagine Palin with a big old black stallion ripping — yeehaw!”

“In life in general you know, everybody gotta get that out of their system when they get out of college. If you’re a black man, every white girl, every uppity middle class — everybody gotta get their share of love.”

“She could always get boned out by a black person — a vote to bang her. Other than a vote to run office, the only thing she can do … she’s not a bad person because she likes black people … at least in her.”

“When you think of Glen Rice, you don’t think of him coming back from Georgia and just slamming … you don’t think of that stuff!”

“Sarah Palin … she met the wombshifter.”

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sports Media Thread

First Yahoo! Sports breaks the Miami story, now they get the apocalypse.

Satan.jpg

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sports Media Thread

Carles writes for Grantland. Excerpt:

There are times when I feel like I resent the simpleness of bros, but then I remind myself that bros have never been as free to bro as they are now. Bro-wave media has taken off the bro's shackles, freeing him from the pressures of evolving into a man who uses 'emotional evolution' as a way to cover up that life has defeated him. Shows like Entourage give us hope that the bro way of life is a sustainable way of life.

As long as you have your bros, you can cultivate a meaningful existence. A clan of true bros potentially outlasts any girlfriend, wife, or sibling. It provides emotional support that helps us to escape from the pain and monotony of everyday life with a mix of humor, escapism, and bro-based situational absurdity.

I am afraid of losing my bros if they choose to 'emotionally evolve' beyond the bro. It feels like I have already lost my Entourage bros. Hopefully, Entourage will provide a paradigm-shifting ending in which the bro is allowed to have his own version of a happy ending. This is probably unrealistic because bros will never end, as we find true happiness as long as we exist freely in the Circle of Bro.

If Grantland is the All-Star Team of internet columnists, this is a relief appearance from a 2005 Kansas City Royal.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sports Media Thread

Hottie Biscotti said:
There are times when I feel like I resent the simpleness of bros, but then I remind myself that bros have never been as free to bro as they are now. Bro-wave media has taken off the bro's shackles, freeing him from the pressures of evolving into a man who uses 'emotional evolution' as a way to cover up that life has defeated him. Shows like Entourage give us hope that the bro way of life is a sustainable way of life.

As long as you have your bros, you can cultivate a meaningful existence. A clan of true bros potentially outlasts any girlfriend, wife, or sibling. It provides emotional support that helps us to escape from the pain and monotony of everyday life with a mix of humor, escapism, and bro-based situational absurdity.

I am afraid of losing my bros if they choose to 'emotionally evolve' beyond the bro. It feels like I have already lost my Entourage bros. Hopefully, Entourage will provide a paradigm-shifting ending in which the bro is allowed to have his own version of a happy ending. This is probably unrealistic because bros will never end, as we find true happiness as long as we exist freely in the Circle of Bro.

tumblr_lan8zhgu1u1qe04gdo1_500_png_627x325_crop_upscale_q85.jpg