Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Best of Standup Comedy?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Disliking both guys is probably the right instinct.

Even though his comedy is deplorable, Dice is the bigger influence on the form of standup. MIB is an annoying twat but him and Michael Showalter was first national standup show I saw. Tough to chose. It is probably the biggest pick between two bad options scenario we will get until November!

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I don't like either, but I despise Michael Ian Black. Dice I have found very uninentionally funny my whole life. He's such an unaware goof that is nothing more than pathetic, even at his peak, and his inability to understand his place in the grand scheme of comedy history while also not understanding that it isn't 1990 anymore makes it hilarious. And even with that said, I've heard Dice come off as likeable more than Black. Black, meanwhile, is just outwardly smug and obnoxiously not funny while also having the most punchable face engineered by the universe.

And I don't remember Black in an Oscar-winning musical so OHHH

Valeyard

Reaction score
I thought people liked Bobby Lee reasonably well these days.

Valeyard

Reaction score
They were together for a while. He was a deep thinker.

And anyone paying to see Jim Florentine is an idiot. The puppet made it.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Once again, I am going to blame the club. If you are highly connected to your diverse, left wing community, you shouldn’t be booking anti woke shitheads in the first place!

Valeyard

Reaction score
Or vice versa, really. He's an idiot for booking places and not looking into the demos. He's not Chappelle, he doesn't have a following that would make a difference in any regard.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
well he almost died from alcohol poisoning like 5 years ago or so

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, on Reddit, I saw this video
Hard to sympathize with someone who continues to drink after going through something like this until you realize the disease has probably fully wrecked his decision making process.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Vale responding by talking about how much he hates Nick Swardson is about as predictable as some of the jokes in Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star.

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tbf to Mr. Larson, it’s very hard to be a professional comedians and not be an alcoholic tbh. Drinks are usually free and unlimited , you never have to get up during the daytime.

For one day, Owen Benjamin isn’t the ‘00s Happy Madison project that messed up the worst.

Valeyard

Reaction score
He's always tried too hard to be funny. I remember him on Reno 911 being fine, though.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
For one day, Owen Benjamin isn’t the ‘00s Happy Madison project that messed up the worst.
Seriously, documentary needs to be made about how he went from this to being banned from InfoWars for being too antisemitic.

Problem starts probably with his striking resemblance to The Joe Schmoe Show star Matt Kennedy. Not coming back from that in this SandlerVerse.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I can't read that at the moment but I love Cleese so it better be as odd as possible.

His shows in the PNW are too expensive right now so maybe I'll run into him in town. But I've said that before.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I loved Cleese growing up as well but when someone as nice and well respected as Michael Palin won't back him or come to his defense there has to be something there.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I can't read that at the moment but I love Cleese so it better be as odd as possible.
He got roasted by a bunch of Australian stand up comedians he doesn’t know and apparently only occasionally talked about him?
I loved Cleese growing up as well but when someone as nice and well respected as Michael Palin won't back him or come to his defense there has to be something there.
And the fact that his work in the past few years has been involved Roman Polanski movie that wasn’t released in any major English speaking movie market, a Rob Schneider movie, and shaking greasy hands at umpteenth Holy Grail screenings.