Re: China is going to kill us all

https://twitter.com/vicenews/status/1231935441500241921
Boy, this does not sound good, fellas.

bigolsmitty

stares Trick Daddily
Reaction score

Firmino of the 909 said:
The collapse of the supply chain due to over-dependence on China is the most important thing going on as we speak and NOBODY is talking about it. Nothing is being manufactured, most importantly medicine.

What happens when there’s nothing to put on shelves here and people have to be furloughed?

ding ding ding; this is a correct take, I think

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score

We’re struggling with this already. I work in IT and we can’t get processors at all from our supplier and he says it’s getting worse before it gets better.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/1231959925040939009
The American Health Care system, ladies and gentlemen!

Staff member
Reaction score

That ties into what else I had to say about the supply chain collapsing. When companies inevitably furlough or lay off workers and terminate their health insurance, and they get sick...then what? The fact is that's definitely going to happen. We're all going to get sick from this, and while the mortality rate isn't super high by disease standards, a 2% mortality rate of the world population is an enormous amount of people. Obviously we have to hope that some great minds come up with a medicinal cocktail that will stop this in its tracks. But that has to come from medicine not made in China, and unfortunately most of the medicine in the world is made there.

The knock-on effects from that amount of people dying, or from a lack of medicine to deal with the problems everyday people have, or even from everyone getting sick is going to have terrible ramifications on society. We are totally unprepared for this. There aren't enough hospitals in any country to handle what's coming and people in this country are just going to suck it up and spread the disease everywhere because they can't afford to go to the hospital.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Firmino of the 909 said:
That ties into what else I had to say about the supply chain collapsing. When companies inevitably furlough or lay off workers and terminate their health insurance, and they get sick...then what? The fact is that's definitely going to happen. We're all going to get sick from this, and while the mortality rate isn't super high by disease standards, a 2% mortality rate of the world population is an enormous amount of people. Obviously we have to hope that some great minds come up with a medicinal cocktail that will stop this in its tracks. But that has to come from medicine not made in China, and unfortunately most of the medicine in the world is made there.

The knock-on effects from that amount of people dying, or from a lack of medicine to deal with the problems everyday people have, or even from everyone getting sick is going to have terrible ramifications on society. We are totally unprepared for this. There aren't enough hospitals in any country to handle what's coming and people in this country are just going to suck it up and spread the disease everywhere because they can't afford to go to the hospital.

This sucks but from what I understand, like less than 20% of the confirmed cases require a hospital stay because they develop "pneumonia-like symptoms." Most of the remainder are flu-like symptoms which can be fought off in your home. Like most diseases, viruses, etc., the elderly, children, and people with certain pre-existing conditions are most susceptible to developing the pneumonia.

Of course, this won't prevent a shit ton of people from calling out sick or grinding the U.S. workforce to a halt. I'm fairly confident that someone will develop a vaccine before this reaches 12 Monkeys levels of seriousness but who knows? Maybe I just have unrealistic expectations for human kind at this point. I say that, but I'm sure we will have a group of dumb shits who still won't get vaccinated for some stupid reason and my faith for humankind will tumble back down to the lower levels.

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score

May 2018, Trump ordered the NSC’s entire global health security unit shut down, calling for reassignment of Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer and dissolution of his team inside the agency. The month before, then-White House National Security Advisor John Bolton pressured Ziemer’s DHS counterpart, Tom Bossert, to resign along with his team. Neither the NSC nor DHS epidemic teams have been replaced.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1232058127740174339

All those people who wanted to accelerate the country and world's demise by voting Trump got their wish.

Sure hope they find those 700 people on the loose flying all around the world from the South Korean death cult soon.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score

People are dying of this virus and of course this idiot has to work in a self-fellating closing sentence about the stock market.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

https://twitter.com/SykesCharlie/status/1232122291435249669
Ladies and gentlemen, your most recent President Medal of Freedom Winner Rush Limbaugh!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Meanwhile as the coronavirus is reported in Croatia, let's see how their government officials are handling the crisis.

https://twitter.com/bubreg/status/1232317135654776834

Well then.

Staff member
Reaction score

Everyone in Iran's government is now getting sick. So, if it makes anyone feel better, the terrible people nobody likes are also extremely likely to get sick.

Staff member
Reaction score
https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/news/2020/2/25/applying-essential-oil-to-anus-cures-coronavirus-iranian-cleric

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
Expect whoever gave the CDC warning to be fired imminently

Who could have predicted the Trump admin would be caught with their pants down when an actual emergency (not the fake border wall one) hits? And that the only thing they care about is how it effects the markets?

Staff member
Reaction score
The fatality rate has risen to 3% btw. If the entire population is infected at that rate, that would mean 210 million people died.

Staff member
Reaction score
Brodypedia said:
Firmino of the 909 said:
The fatality rate has risen to 3% btw. If the entire population is infected at that rate, that would mean 210 million people died.

When did Alex Jones take over this account?

Containment is the first step in responding to any outbreak. In the case of COVID-19, the possibility (however implausible) of preventing a pandemic seemed to play out in a matter of days. Starting in January, China began cordoning off progressively larger areas, radiating outward from the city of Wuhan and eventually encapsulating some 100 million people. People were barred from leaving home, and lectured by drones if they were caught outside. Nonetheless, the virus has now been found in 24 countries.

Despite the apparent ineffectiveness of such measures—relative to their inordinate social and economic cost, at least—the crackdown continues to escalate. Under political pressure to “stop” the virus, last Thursday the Chinese government announced that officials in Hubei province would be going door-to-door, testing people for fevers and looking for signs of illness, then sending all potential cases to quarantine camps. But even with the ideal containment, the virus’s spread may have been inevitable. Testing people who are already extremely sick is an imperfect strategy if people can spread the virus without even feeling bad enough to stay home from work.

Lipsitch predicts that within the coming year, some 40 to 70 percent of people around the world will be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19. But, he clarifies emphatically, this does not mean that all will have severe illnesses. “It’s likely that many will have mild disease, or may be asymptomatic,” he said. As with influenza, which is often life-threatening to people with chronic health conditions and of older age, most cases pass without medical care. (Overall, about 14 percent of people with influenza have no symptoms.)

Lipsitch is far from alone in his belief that this virus will continue to spread widely. The emerging consensus among epidemiologists is that the most likely outcome of this outbreak is a new seasonal disease—a fifth “endemic” coronavirus. With the other four, people are not known to develop long-lasting immunity. If this one follows suit, and if the disease continues to be as severe as it is now, “cold and flu season” could become “cold and flu and COVID-19 season.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/02/covid-vaccine/607000/

Staff member
Reaction score
Brodypedia said:
Firmino of the 909 said:

Also, at what age did you learn how to read? It's definitely not whatever age you are now. If the entire population is infected and the fatality rate hangs at 3% (which it is now), that's how many people die. It's called math.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Firmino of the 909 said:
Brodypedia said:
Firmino of the 909 said:

Also, at what age did you learn how to read? It's definitely not whatever age you are now. If the entire population is infected and the fatality rate hangs at 3% (which it is now), that's how many people die. It's called math.

Your own post and link negated your argument. PANIC is not worth it.

https://www.sciencesetavenir.fr/sante/la-chloroquine-est-elle-un-bon-traitement-contre-le-coronavirus_141893 Experts say that a commonly used antimalarial drug effectively treats COVID-19

Staff member
Reaction score
Brodypedia said:
Firmino of the 909 said:
Brodypedia said:
Firmino of the 909 said:

Your own post and link negated your argument. PANIC is not worth it.

https://www.sciencesetavenir.fr/sante/la-chloroquine-est-elle-un-bon-traitement-contre-le-coronavirus_141893 Experts say that a commonly used antimalarial drug effectively treats COVID-19

You need to define panic, because all I did was post some math. Did you even read the article you posted though?

We will have to continue to assess the effectiveness of chloroquine, but a consensus of experts recommends in the scientific articles cited above to include, in China, chloroquine phosphate in the recommendations for patient management, 500 mg twice daily for 10 days. The advantage of such a strategy? This antimalarial is readily available and inexpensive, as the drug has been used for a long time. Still, the announcement of Professor Didier Raoult has been strongly criticized by many French doctors and scientists on social networks for its lack of weight. In fact, clinical data are still limited, and taking chloroquine can cause potentially serious side effects (see below).

Assuming China is telling the truth, there have still been at least 2700 deaths even though said treatment exists. In other words 3% of the people with a confirmed diagnosis. Also, the people who get that medication are spending at least 10 days in the hospital.

There's no reason to panic (I feel like making this part bigger) because there's nothing that a person can do to prevent themselves from getting sick. People in 44 countries have now gotten this disease, apparently some flight attendants have been sick and spreading this stuff all over the world. There ain't shit you can do, so why panic? This isn't like Ebola where people got sick from handling infected tissue, touching blood, or breathing in shit fumes. You get sick from this because someone breathed on you. Also, I'm definitely not panicked in any personal sense because I'm very likely to not get sick. I have a health problem where my immune system is very overactive, which would kill this disease pretty fast if I got it.

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I also forgot that in certain countries they believe in praying the sickness away and are just pretending like it isn't even happening...

https://twitter.com/HeshmatAlavi/status/1232653571793047553

Countries like that one are where most of the deaths will come from. Also, I guess if you live there and report it, they're throwing people in jail.

Staff member
Reaction score
ORANGE COUNTY, Calif. (KABC) -- Officials in Orange County are planning on declaring Tuesday a local emergency as well as a local health emergency in response to the coronavirus, which has infected over 80,000 people worldwide.

https://abc7.com/health/coronavirus-oc-officials-to-declare-local-health-emergency/5969590/

Nothing to see here

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/1010WINS/status/1232733772333740032

Good thing people from Long Island are isolated. Not like the largest city in the world is next door or anything. Also, I got a few relatives the next county over.

Staff member
Reaction score
Thrasher said:
https://twitter.com/1010WINS/status/1232733772333740032

Good thing people from Long Island are isolated. Not like the largest city in the world is next door or anything. Also, I got a few relatives the next county over.

Reality is gonna set in at some point you'd think. And how many people did those 83 people breathe on? I guess some news just broke that a flight attendant on Korean Air was sick and had been working the LA-Seoul trip every day for a while, breathing on everyone's food and drink.

When people get sent home from their job and don't get paid I think that's finally when reality will hit them. We're gonna be some bored and hungry motherfuckers. Good thing my dad has thousands of hours of fully paid leave cause that can be used to keep everyone afloat including my brother. The problem with this sickness isn't dying, it's the every day ramifications on 100% of society.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was going to explain all the issues with claiming a drug that's only been tested on 100 people so far is an effective treatment but I don't want to be lumped in with Alexof909.

Staff member
Reaction score
cobainwasmurdered said:
I was going to explain all the issues with claiming a drug that's only been tested on 100 people so far is an effective treatment but I don't want to be lumped in with Alexof909.

China had also claimed that HIV drugs worked. Then it turned out that they caused heart failures in CV patients.

They don’t know shit and we don’t know shit. Fact is we were overdue for a major outbreak. Been 100 years since Spanish Flu. Eventually it’ll be over, a lot of people will likely die, and we’ll move on.