Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

90's Nickelodeon Nostalgia Thread!

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I wish The Cock or something would just reboot Kenan and Kel instead. I wanna know what kinda loveable losers they became, and I want Ken Foree to get a payday.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Could be interesting as they got Kevin Kopelow & Heath Seifert on board to help write the screenplay as both did a large portion of the Kenan & Kel Show.

The director did a lot of episodes of The Middle and 7 episodes of Fresh Off the Boat. Wonder if the movie will have that "TV Show" vibe rather than feeling like the first one where it had that sketch vibe just thrown into a "big production" (relatively speaking) atmosphere.

I also demand the obvious Mondo Burger references.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
I didn't have cable growing up, so no Nick memories.... but some of you may enjoy this week's Acid Washed Memories.
I know Kamala's a fan of their pod.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Snick was awesome for a long time. I never liked All That but Kenan and Kel, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, and Secret World of Alex Mack (not the football player) were badass. I was in love with Larisa Oleynik for a bit.

Here is a picture of goth Larisa Oleynik from an episode of Psych:

599440_full.jpg

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I loved early SNICK and it was seminal watching for myself and my sister as a 90s kid growing up. There's a great little Youtube video that also covers the transition into the 00s era too, which I had aged out of by then so I never really knew about.

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Good Burger 2 exceeded my low expectations. I was shocked at the amount of cameos. I do like Kel Mitchell's actual kids playing Ed's kids. Glad whatever beef Kenan and Kel had seems to be squashed.

Now let's get a proper Harriet the Spy sequel!

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm 35 years old and I legit marked out at the Danny Tamberelli video cameo.

I had fun overall. I'm glad Sinbad got a voice cameo. Kel looks older, but still is very energetic. Kenan looked young, but seemed low energy at times. The cameos were enjoyable and I was only embarrassed during the musical numbers and Gronk cameo.