Adam Sandler is a hack fraud con man

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well we've still got Allen Covert, right? He'd never do us wrong

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well bust out the orthopedic shoes, I stand corrected.

But for real, Happy Madison and similar production companies that are the only companies to employ their friends are cool in concept. "Hey I made it big guys, you all get roles" but then someone pulls a Peter Dante and thinks their shit don't stink. I literally have ONE friend I'd financially prop up to pursue creative endeavors and investments. Sandler seems to be employing a LOT more goodwill with his success, for better or worse.

(don't get me wrong, I'd be handing out sacks of cash to dozens of people as one time gifts if I had Adam Sandler money but I'm only financing one on a continued basis)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Adam Sandler is on The Bill Simmons Podcast today, immediately following Bill's recap of the Boston Celtics' NBA Finals Game 1 victory.

If there was a ever a podcast that didn't involve wrestling that was more tailored to me...

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
"Hustle" is getting pretty good reviews from what I've seen. Sandler seems to be on a resurgence of sorts (at least in terms of quality of projects).

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Capitalism!
Capitalism sucks but David Spade rules.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Someone on Facebook feed said they were excited to see Adam Sandler and Rob Schneider this weekend but were disappointed by how juvenile and gross the humor is.

I was befuddled. Are they only familiar with Sandler through Punch Drunk Love and Uncut Gems? Complaining about an Adam Sandler concert being juvenile and gross is like going to an AC/DC concert and complaining that their music is loud, basic, and sounds all the same (...or is all juvenile and gross)!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Given that this person is from Central Maine, they might have been hoping he would give the type of incisive commentary on cancel culture that he does on Fox News.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Sandler's comedy hasn't matured a bit and that's fine, his audience still loves it and that's who he's catering too.

muzzington

Queen Elizabeth Look-alike
Reaction score
Someone on Facebook feed said they were excited to see Adam Sandler and Rob Schneider this weekend but were disappointed by how juvenile and gross the humor is.

I was befuddled. Are they only familiar with Sandler through Punch Drunk Love and Uncut Gems? Complaining about an Adam Sandler concert being juvenile and gross is like going to an AC/DC concert and complaining that their music is loud, basic, and sounds all the same (...or is all juvenile and gross)!
Also sounds like Gene Simmons.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hey. Gene Simmons has a sense of humor. He played a sleazy preacher in the DJ Qualls vehicle The New Guy!

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Gene Simmons said that depressed people should just kill themselves. I can't even joke about his character.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The .Sandler Mark Twain prize event last night was oddly moving. I've been watching that guy for over 30 years now. The nostalgia got to me.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sandler is getting a "Lifetime Achievement Award" at the People's Choice Awards tonight.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I thought it looked kinda interesting but "Spaceman" is getting so so reviews so far.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
looks like there's going to be a Happy Gilmore sequel. Sandler told Dan Patrick that a script has been written and they are waiting for a green light

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I thought it looked kinda interesting but "Spaceman" is getting so so reviews so far.
It was decent. Kind of dragged and was too long for the concept, but Sandler was great. Any role where he has a beard these days, he's bringing the heat.