Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Adam Sandler is a hack fraud con man

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
...and Vanilla Ice defending the movie.
You know, I was watching some talk show were the hosts were wondering which respected comedian Sandler was going to talk into coming out and defending him. I guess Sinbad was busy.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sandler's movie "The Do Over" with him and David Spade playing two guys who fake their own deaths to assume new identities starts production today.

and I can't believe I'm saying this and I know it will end up being crap but I think "Pixels" looks kinda interesting.

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
The first person who says "That doesn't look too bad" or something like that can go fuck themselves.

Cartman

Integral Poster
Reaction score
LOL

I tend to like TV shows and Movies that most people don't care for. I'm not much of a critic in the way that I dont go into things looking for stuff to hate, just sit back and enjoy it for what it is.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I'm past the point of bitching about Sandler. He's a hack fraud con man, but I'm so far past his fun work that I can just watch this one go by and never see it.

Cartman

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Cartman said:
LOL

I tend to like TV shows and Movies that most people don't care for. I'm not much of a critic in the way that I dont go into things looking for stuff to hate, just sit back and enjoy it for what it is.

Jack and Jill, I couldn't even make it 15 minutes, so my taste isnt completely horrendous.

EDIT: Meant to edit my previous post, not quote it, yikes.

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That trailer... holy fuck...

1. This looks like it should've been titled TWO Million Ways To Die In The West.
2. He's STILL putting Rob Schneider in all his movies?
3. They did the exact same "dude gets kicked by a horse" gag from Paul Blart 2.
4. Poor, poor Jorge Garcia... bullshit like this is the only work he can get, isn't it?
5. On the other hand, Taylor Lautner is right the fuck where he deserves to be.
6. It's sad that Sandler is reduced to giving his movie a title which is a parody of Tarantino's next title.
7. Glancing at the movie's IMDB page, I see that Vanilla Ice is playing Mark Twain. I'm not entirely certain if this is the best or worst thing I have ever read in my life. Either way, it sure does make me feel like stabbing someone.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jingus said:
This is their first movie back together in 5 or 6 years. They had a falling out over Grown Ups royalties that led to Schneider getting replaced by Nick Swardson in Grown Ups 2. Why the fuck do I know so much about Rob Schneider.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
King Kamala said:
Jingus said:
This is their first movie back together in 5 or 6 years. They had a falling out over Grown Ups royalties that led to Schneider getting replaced by Nick Swardson in Grown Ups 2. Why the fuck do I know so much about Rob Schneider.
Because someone has to.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Pixels was terrible but Q-Bert made it worth watching. I would rewatch with friends just for Q-Bert.

Also prediction: my friend's western made for just over $3000 is a lot better than this, which is sad considering the budget Sandler had.

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Saints_Fan_H said:
considering the budget Sandler had.
I was kinda surprised when I looked up the budget and it's sixty million bucks. Netflix be makin' it rain, yo. That's a hell of a financial risk for a streaming-only movie.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
They know people will watch it, either the kind that enjoy his movies already or the ones who want to see how awful it really is.

Twisted Intestine

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I enjoyed the hotel transylvania movies.

Before that I haven't watched an Adam Sandler movie since 2009s funny people which I enjoyed, and before that it was 2003s anger management which I also enjoyed.

See? You can still be an Adam Sandler fan, just have to be selective about which movies you watch and skip all the junk.

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tigger said:
Both directed by the Genndy Tartakovsky, the cartoon genius who made Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, Samurai Jack, and the original (kickass) Star Wars: Clone Wars series. That's almost like cheating, to hire that guy to produce your animated anything. (And even he complained about the amount of creative control that Sandler & Co. retained in the final versions.) That's kinda like WWF in 1998, when Russo's few good tendencies could be directed by his coworkers into something positive.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Tigger said:

Before that I haven't watched an Adam Sandler movie since 2009s funny people which I enjoyed, and before that it was 2003s anger management which I also enjoyed.

See? You can still be an Adam Sandler fan, just have to be selective about which movies you watch and skip all the junk.
I haven't seen part 2 yet, but I liked the first one.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jingus said:
Tigger said:
Both directed by the Genndy Tartakovsky, the cartoon genius who made Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, Samurai Jack, and the original (kickass) Star Wars: Clone Wars series. That's almost like cheating, to hire that guy to produce your animated anything. (And even he complained about the amount of creative control that Sandler & Co. retained in the final versions.) That's kinda like WWF in 1998, when Russo's few good tendencies could be directed by his coworkers into something positive.

Even when Sandler does movies with different screenwriters he "Sandlerizes" the script so no matter what the film is in his voice. The writer of "Chuck and Larry" made sure to distance himself from the final product. Sandler is a unique case in that he has had pretty much complete creative control since his film career started 20 years ago

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/6YSOZP_M6eM
New Chanukah Song is pretty good. There's a Bill Goldberg shoutout.

Wish Sandler would record another album instead of doing more crappy movies.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
That was fucking awesome! I forgot he was a pretty damn funny singer.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
I'm about a third of the way into The Ridiculous 6 and... well, it's not very good. I know this surprises no one, but it's about what you'd expect. This wouldn't have been very funny even 20 years ago. I don't think I've even laughed yet. I'm hoping it picks up but I'm not optimistic.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Spade was on the Nerdist and hinted that Sandler is thinking about returning to stand up (semi) full time. So maybe we won't be subjected to so many crap movies for awhile

starvenger

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Funny you should mention that. My friend went to a Judd Apatow comedy show a month or two ago and he brought out Adam Sandler as a surprise. And apparently Sandler killed it during his set.