Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in November 2023: Another day, another Tony Khan announcement.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
AEW starts November with a big show from Louisville, Kentucky, the home of a popular cantankerous old school wrestling personality (Rip Rogers).

In addition to some Orange Cassidy Vs Claudio Castignoli for AEW International Title, Hikaru Shida Vs Willow Nightengale for the Women’s Title, and Chris Jericho & Kenny Omega Vs Daddy Magic & Cool Hand Ang, Tony Khan has a MASSIVE ANNOUNCEMENT!

Hopefully, it’s that he is getting someone to help him run creative but I will settle for their shows being on Max.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i mean he said he has an important announcement. Both for Tony and wrestling that isn't really a dramatic statement. Wrestling companies have done this forever but people as always love to single Tony out. WWE would do shit like this and half the time just forget they were even planning something.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
AEW and DOJA CAT.

Glad that AEW has gotten their own massively popular pop star that their audience is somehow oblivious towards their existence.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
From what I'm seeing I really hope everyone who ever dealt with MJF turns on him now that he's such a pussy. Some Clockwork Orange shit.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
His options were Rod Strong and his losers, Jeff Jarrett and his losers, or The Acclaimed. He alienated (Jericho/Omega), fears (Joe), or hates (Darby) every other option. They blackmailed him into dressing up like them and then Castor took a chair shot intended for him. I think it made sense with how MJF's character has been progressing for months now. He opened the door to having friends and it's made him vulnerable. I find some of the ways they're telling the story goofy but I don't think its a bad story overall. It's waaay better than what they were doing with him at the start of his reign when he was constantly talking about Nick Khan and doing worked shoot shit and never wrestling. You can feel the crowd is far more invested in him and his opponents.

Valeyard

Reaction score
There's just nowhere to really go as long as he's the champion already. This would've been an awesome way to get him the title, or win back the title, but right now it's just not working. He's doing is absolute best but it just isn't it. But the fact he was limited to losers or people he's afraid of is a bad look for the top face world champion. I like the notion of, now that he is capable of having friends, he's too much of a goof to not have idiot friends, but they need better idiot friends.

Christian better be the devil.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree that he should have the belt taken off of him for at the very least a couple of months. I don't think Christian is going to be the Devil since he's got his own feud going with Edge and there is a lot of legs still with that. If they aren't revealing who it is at the PPV and keep it going until January than it could be Will Ospreay however I assume they plan to reveal it soon. It's hard to imagine it not being a letdown unless it results in Jay winning then I don't care if it's fucking Colt Cabana.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Christian is just the biggest success story and resurgence. It wouldn't bother me to have him involved in as much as possible, and a lot of that too is he's not going to be a letdown like every other choice. Someone is either inserting themselves or being obvious so go big. Don't go all Jungle Boy or some shit.

Valeyard

Reaction score
This is the one time in AEW where I wouldn't mind Regal. Shame.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Flair won’t be sticking around til Stings retirement.

He’s going be there for multiple years now as he signed a deal with AEW for long term.

And far more importantly, his energy drink Woooooo! Energy is now the official energy drink of AEW.

Valeyard

Reaction score
TK wanted to be the one to have rights to the memorial show and make sure he can WOO Charlotte to the other side

Valeyard

Reaction score
TK should start a hall of fame.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Gonna cut some bastard in half with a lariat

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My assumption for this years Wembley is they do Danielson Vs Nigel with the way they've been building up the heat between them on commentary and twitter constantly. If Nigel can't go then Ospreay Vs Danielson.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Flair gonna join Sting, Darby, and Edge to bleed some blood against Christian, the shitty dinosaur, Nick Wayne, and probably Jarrett in a stadium stampede