Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in November 2023: Another day, another Tony Khan announcement.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Probably Mercedes but I’m sure Tony would assume everyone knows Mike Bailey too.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
AEW's core audience would pop for Mike Bailey and it would lead to a lot of great matches but if that's who it is it's a big letdown just because he doesn't move any needles. It needs to be Mercedes or Will Ospreay type. I'd personally accept Nakajima as well even though he's not on that fame level just because he's the current AJPW Triple Crown Champion and I have no doubt he could get over to a Takeshita level if done right. That said I'd get why people wouldn't buy it.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Mickie James was just removed from the TNA active roster.

I seriously doubt it's her, and everyone would shit on it. But, it never made sense that AEW didn't sign her.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Mickie's husband has a sweet WWE gig he just started and she's pretty much welcome back whenever she wants. I don't see her jumping now.

Mercedes would be the only option that isn't a total disappointment, but her run would be.

If it's Speedball and Veda I'll freak out.

But it's gonna be something awesome. Fingers crossed for Hogan.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Uh don't forget who is a free agent now

vince-mcmahon.jpg

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Big Show trying to top Sting for dumbfuck spots by an old worker. Holy shit that was scary. Ibushi also doing some top level dumbshit and looked much more like himself.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
That suplex on Kenny from the top to the outside could have been super ugly too with the ramp there. Super dangerous, and for a TV match no one's going to remember, sponsored by a video game!

I look forward to Swerve winning. Joe's gotta be MJF's partner, right?

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I used to love Ibushi and the AEW era makes me sad. But I absolutely love that he has the job and Omega's loyalty to him is one of my favorite things in modern history.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought he was a lot better in his match last night than he had been and if he's going to be working more often he has a chance to shake off the ring rust.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
After Ronda's indy match there's speculation about her.
5 years ago I'd be down, but that second WWE run was terrible. I can't think of one good match she had and she seemed totally checked out. Loved that first run, but I wonder how much of that was them pre planning all her matches. She did look a little slower and less explosive in her second run as well.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I'm assuming Ospreay at this point.

The way it was worded made me think it would be a female. But, I don't know who else is out there. I know they tried to sign Lita years ago, but last time she returned to WWE she was the opposite of Trish (Lita looked old and slow).

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm assuming Ospreay at this point.

The way it was worded made me think it would be a female. But, I don't know who else is out there. I know they tried to sign Lita years ago, but last time she returned to WWE she was the opposite of Trish (Lita looked old and slow).
Lita would be brutal. She was never more than really bad in the ring, but she looked even worse in that last run. Could barely run the ropes and her moonsault was scary.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Great signing but guaranteed by be a letdown for anyone expecting a surprise debut. Most AEW fans see him as someone already with the promotion.