Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in November 2023: Another day, another Tony Khan announcement.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
She was with some TNA guy for a while. But the funny thing is that she was doing Twitch streams for a little while a year or so ago and went on this rather annoyed rant about how meeting guys on Bumble sucks, then never streamed again. But I still check that shit when AEW is in town because now I know.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Briscoe should be international champion right now. Hell he'd fit in well with the Christian stuff. There's a ton of spots where he is either elevated or something is elevated by his involvement.

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Completely unrelated to this weekend's events, I've been wondering: who will be the first person to build up a name in AEW, leave for WWE then find themselves back in AEW? I always told myself that Cody will be back in AEW someday.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I second Jade. That's the most realistic.

Outside shot of Pillman Jr in like five years

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
I say Pillman Jr. is more likely than Jade. Jade is probably going to debut at and win the Rumble.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Pillman Jr. is going to get good enough to trick TK into thinking he's worth it in the next few years, unless he fucks up royal.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
90% chance TK forgot he even let Pillman go and thinks he’s still working Dark.

Valeyard

Reaction score
You know who he is. He's the Essa Rios to Julia's Lita.

Staff member
Reaction score

Gonna be honest they've been needing to take the title off him for a while. Like I can't believe they let attendance dip this much without taking the title off him. The thing is that while I want Joe to be the champion I'm not sure it's a good idea for them to use MJF putting someone over on Joe.

Staff member
Reaction score
I am very glad Tony's not going to talk about it nor do I want him to talk about it. Everyone knew he was gonna wrestle somewhere else and shoot on AEW. It's time to move on. I don't think Edge would have come in if Punk was there and it's not like you can undo everything that happened. They told him to be on good behavior and he'd work with the Elite and he couldn't even hang in for six months. This isn't something that people in AEW should keep crying about.

I strongly believe that once you take these titles off MJF and Orange Cassidy, shit's gonna turn around. The things that set AEW apart were on full display during Swerve/Hangman and during last week's Dynamite. WWE cannot match that. In a time of crisis they got scared to change anything but now's the time to make some changes.

Valeyard

Reaction score
There's nothing I want to hear about Punk on AEW programming. Shit's over, there's other things.

Joe should've won the belt months ago, in hindsight. I don't think MJF has a rub anymore and hasn't for a while, however Joe doesn't need the belt necessarily and fuckin' LOL if Wardlow or Cole end up with the belt. I'd really prefer they figure out some way to get it on one of the people in the Classic, honestly. Sets up a million different directions and gets the belt out of the MJF/Cole/Strong bloodclot.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Exactly. It needs to be Swerve. At this point Swerve/Edge is the Wembley match.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
But friendship stories!

I've hated everything since MJF and Cole were made tag partners. It's tee-hee tickle party fun to watch them get "double clothesline!" over like it's a 70s house show but it's a case of rot at the top spreading to the bottom.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
As much as we shit on him, it’s going to be very interesting who is the in house successor to him unless they’ve already been phasing him out with someone else.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Besides MJF, I'm having a hard time thinking of guys whose first World Title run caused their stock to drop except for dudes who only had one World Title run. Now obviously no one thinks MJF is going to end up like Jack Swagger but this run has kind of showed how much work he still has left to do.

And I mean he's only 27. He hasn't even entered his prime (ages 28 to 32, do you accept?)

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
We better get Joe and Punk as World Champions of the top 2 promotions in 2024, which is the 20th Anniversary of the incredible Joe vs Punk trilogy.