Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in November 2023: Another day, another Tony Khan announcement.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Britt Baker is trending this afternoon after tweeting this last night:

…and also for liking this tweet (which was also liked by Jack Perry and Sammy Guevara):

If this is laying groundwork for a worked-shoot ahead of her being revealed as the devil, I think it’s a bad idea, but I see what they’re going for. If she’s just airing dirty laundry, that’s a really, really bad idea.
No more worked shoots please. Just give me a year of straight up wrestling feuds (preferably with well defined heel/face). After you've established a well defined structure if you want to try and break that wall down again fine. But, there has been so much drama and worked shoot shit between Punk, MJF with his 2024 stuff, etc... that it's actively hurt the product.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Britt as the Black Scorpion is the worst idea and hurts literally everyone in MJF's orbit while tarnishing her forever. If that happens TK needs to step down.

Just keep her away from Toni, first and foremost.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
All the devils are the significant others of Adam Cole, Roderick Strong and Mike Bennett.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Fuck yeah. Good ol boys bein boys and their wives all mad at them. It's like a 90s country video

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The only way he’ll be at Revolution is if he buys a ticket.
He ain’t making it to 2024 at this rate now he’s on twitter begging people to stop being mean to him for being old and if TK is embarrassed by him, he’ll go away.

But don’t worry, he doesn’t need the money, he swears.

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Now I feel like an asshole for assuming people didn't like her because of her awful husband. Sad.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
AEW has already sold 34K tickets for around 4 million of revenue for All Out 24.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I’ll be at Collision tonight. Sitting on the aisle, 2nd row. If you’re watching, I’ll be the tall bald guy with black glasses. I think I will be right where Bowens would do the scissor thing with fans when the Acclaimed does their entrance.

Should be fun because I’ve never had seats like this, but I’m getting a little nervous about the fact that doors open in 7 hours and there has been absolutely nothing announced for the show besides the 3 tourney matches.

Staff member
Reaction score
You are gonna get some great interactions with talent from those seats. I've had some great ones over the years. Enjoy it.

Staff member
Reaction score
'It's mostly wrestling' IS THAT FUCKIN BAD HUH DO YOU LIKE THAT SHIT

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Please don’t tell me the other potential option is WWE. If we think Nak in WWE is boring, I have a sinking feeling Okada in WWE would be a homeopathic remedy for insomnia. But get that bag, Rainmaker.

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
It is WWE. There was a report recently that the only reason Nak is being pushed now is to entice Okada into signing. It was basically them telling him "see, we treat our Japanese talent well!".

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
WWE signing Okada is like a Michelin starred chef agreeing to work at Chili’s. Some fun things might come out of it but it generally just seems like it’d be a waste of everyone’s time.

New Japan or Tony can’t let him go there. Nakamura in WWE is one thing since he was put through hell and banged up in Japan but Okada still has a few more years in his prime! Who the hell wants to see him spend that wrestling Bronson Reed again as the cooldown match for Extreme Rules.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I want him to stay with NJPW, honestly. I would love him in AEW but I think he'd be much more effective as a special guest than a main player, if that makes sense. I don't want him too lost in the shuffle or fighting for time. Okada's one of those guys I love and wanted used to the best of everyone's abilities.

If Okada, who avoided the US because of how TNA treated him on his excursion, decides to completely change course to WWE, he deserves it.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

This is a fluff article. EVERY Njpw native becomes a free agent every year. That is how it works in Japan. They renew contracts on a yearly basis. There's zero reason to think Okada would want to go to WWE. His wife is not leaving Japan. She's a very successful voice actress and she is not giving up her career to move to america. Okada is making 2 million dollars a year in NJPW. WWE is not going to offer him more than that because he isn't worth that to them.

AEW probably could offer that to him but what is the point for him? If he wants to work AEW shows he already can. The idea that Okada is going to fly out from Japan constantly to work in AEW as a regular makes very little sense. NJPW needs Okada especially with Ospreay leaving and Tanahashi becoming less able to main event. There's no reason to think he isn't going to be loyal to the company that has literally invested 10's of millions of dollars in him.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The only case that could be made for him leaving NJPW is if he feels like he has done everything he can do there and wants a change of scenery. My guess is he stays, but it would be pretty cool if something could be worked out where he makes more appearances in AEW without becoming a full-fledged member of the roster.

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
The Hardyz recently expressed frustrations about their spots in AEW. I would be a bit more sympathetic to their complaints if Matt could actually walk without looking like he's in such pain and Jeff wasn't getting arrested every other month. I think they're being utilized perfectly as a veteran team who has seen better days. Jeff will likely get a push if he proves he's reliable.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
they're lucky to ahve jobs at all so it's really silly of them to talk shit. There's no reason to believe WWE would bring them in after Jeff's last run and evne if they did there's not much left in the tank. They've had very little value for AEW and what they did AEW has gotten it from them aside from a match against Edge and Christian.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Fuck the Hardys. They don't deserve their jobs and Jeff should never have been hired in the first place let alone kept after his arrest. Matt's only worth is off the air and in ROH. There's no reason a 50 year old guy who has his spine driven into his pelvis ten years ago should be working. Jeff is pathetic and his continued employment, to say nothing of actual usage, is gross.