Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Summer 2024- Summer in Cowboy Country

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Both American and Canadian cowboy country! Next week, they are in Calgary for the conclusion of the Owen Hart tournament and later this month, they start their residency in Arlington, TX.

George Scott wanted Bret Hart to be a cowboy but in Calgary; they don’t let you get away that fake cowboy shit slide (unless you are playing a character on Lonesome Dove: The Series) . How did Bret never have a feud with Jeff Jarrett?

I am turning into Brody. Discuss AEW for July 2024 ITT.

Last edited by a moderator:

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
It is, but it still feels like there's legs to the act after Forbidden Door.

Now if Toni turns on her, that's more interesting.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hope Danielson wins tonight. I like the idea of his “last world title shot” in a big stadium show, plus if Hangman is going crazy let’s have him spiral downward more before he gets a title shot against Swerve.

Valeyard

Reaction score
That makes more sense. Bryan needs to go out big.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I really hope Nigel/Bryan doesn't happen. I'm not feeling watching Nigel just because I don't want to be nervous the whole time.

Mariah is a monster.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Got to watch the show from last night. Amazing how fast 2 hours moves when the matches and angles are good.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Mariah-Toni segment was an instant classic. Phenomenal sell job by Toni with the blood, tears and shocked reaction when Mariah attacked.

Running that angle to close Dynamite just a week after the similar MJF-Danny Garcia segment ended last week’s show was an interesting decision, but both attacks were done so well, it worked.

muzzington

Donald Dump or whatever
Reaction score
The Mariah-Toni segment was an instant classic. Phenomenal sell job by Toni with the blood, tears and shocked reaction when Mariah attacked.

Running that angle to close Dynamite just a week after the similar MJF-Danny Garcia segment ended last week’s show was an interesting decision, but both attacks were done so well, it worked.
I think with anyone else it might have been too much too soon but it perfectly fits Toni's character to succumb in such a dramatic situation.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
SRS says AEW is planning a big event in Dallas for 2025, possibly a stadium show. That seems…ambitious.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I didn't think they'd pull off Wembley so I won't count them out yet. Ideally it means something huge is in mind.