Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW The Rest of 2024: Did we really need 4 threads a year?

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
That would be fine with just the logo or just the belt but both makes it too cluttered IMO

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
TruTV should bring back Hardcore Pawn just for crossovers.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I just really want this new TV deal to be announced so everyone can shut the fuck up. It's insane how certain fans now care about metrics like TV deals and turnstile counts. Whats next, quality of refreshments served?

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
I just really want this new TV deal to be announced so everyone can shut the fuck up. It's insane how certain fans now care about metrics like TV deals and turnstile counts. Whats next, quality of refreshments served?
Oh you'll get my rants about $6 gatorades believe me.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Outrunners on Jericho's Podcast is must listen stuff.

They added Mortos Vs Ricochet to Dynamite tonight which should be fantastic. Someone pointed out on reddit that this is Dynamite 259 and that on Nitro 259 THIS is what we were getting

It's completely insane to me that Dynamite is already at this point and people are still trying to insist it's a failure.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
The ratings/attendance/etc. talk is just a lazy way to mock a company whose product isn't what they want to see, even if it is a useful metric to point out that the tone of the shows and booking philosophy isn't working beyond subjective "enjoyment."

To memeify it...
They make fun of AEW because of its TV ratings. I make fun of AEW because it's poorly booked.

wearenotthesame.jpeg

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I missed the live airing of Dynamite so I don't have any thoughts yet although I saw the clips of the Moxley stuff and it continues to be great. This is the lineup of upcoming matches.

AEW Rampage 9/20/24
Nick Wayne vs. Kip Sabian vs. Rocky Romero vs. Lio Rush

AEW Collision 9/21/24
Dustin Rhodes & Sammy Guevara vs. Mike Bennett & Matt Taven in a Bunkhouse Brawl for the ROH Tag Team Titles
FTR, HOOK & The Outrunners vs. Roderick Strong, Beast Mortos, Rush & Grizzled Young Veterans

AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam 9/25/24
Bryan Danielson vs. Nigel McGuinness (if Danielson is medically cleared)
Darby Allin vs. Jon Moxley for Allin’s AEW World Title Shot
The Young Bucks vs. Will Ospreay & Kyle Fletcher for the AEW Tag Team Titles
HOOK vs. Roderick Strong for the FTW Title
PAC, Claudio Castagnoli & Wheeler Yuta defend the AEW Trios Titles

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Fightful reporting that Miro has requested his release. Not surprising. I forgot he was even still with the company technically.

What a disappointing run he ended up having. When Miro came in, I really thought he could be a main eventer.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Yeah he had a great TNT title run and even showed a glimpse of hope with that Hobbs match last year but whatever issues he had kept perpetuating. I wonder how much his divorce put him in a bad place.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Fightful reporting that Miro has requested his release. Not surprising. I forgot he was even still with the company technically.

What a disappointing run he ended up having. When Miro came in, I really thought he could be a main eventer.
When he came in it was a completely fucked arrival that made him immediately irrelevant and it took him going away and coming back with a new character and being used seriously to be a legit act for the company but naturally that was short lived as well.

Now he does commercials, so good for him.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Botched but his own fault for practically all of it, and completely unnecessary to keep around at this point.

Is CJ still under contract?