Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Batman & Robin- playing the devil's advocate

AndrewTS

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's a joke. :p

Wouldn't have necessary been bad to have had Robin, but introducing him would have dragged out the movie with another subplot, and just look how badly it was handled in B&R. I don't know how (or even if) the new Batman movies could handle it. Throwing a brightly-colored Boy Hostage into the canon is just going to look ridiculous after Begins and TDK. Something along the lines of an older Robin/Nightwing-to-be in a more sensible costume is the only way I could see it working, but I doubt it would fit in for at least the next film.

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I could only see it working in the Baleman universe in one way: if they went the Jason Todd route. Batman decides to take on an apprentice, not some prepubescent kid but an angry teenager from the streets. Who then gets killed, furthering Wayne's unwillingness to ever trust anyone.

Byron The Bulb

Byron the bulb
Reaction score
Jingus said:
I could only see it working in the Baleman universe in one way: if they went the Jason Todd route. Batman decides to take on an apprentice, not some prepubescent kid but an angry teenager from the streets. Who then gets killed, furthering Wayne's unwillingness to ever trust anyone.

I think I suggested somewhere (at the old board, perhaps) that they should go the Dark Knight Returns route and have a girl Robin (played by Megan Fox). I still think this would be a good idea.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My friend and I were discussing whether a Robin would work in the Nolan/Bale Batman series as we were driving through New York yesterday. I think the best we could come up with is to have whatever the last one they're planning on doing end with Wayne deciding to train an apprentice who he connects with...kind of bringing the whole think full circle since Begins was him getting trained to be what he became. The whole thing would have to be a subplot and not the focus of the film itself...and we could never see him in that goddamned costume.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'd like to see a young Dick Grayson enter Bruce's life following the circus incident and discovering everything over time (maybe let this movie stretch across more time like Begins) and as Batman reintegrates himself back into Gotham as a hero, he trains Dick in the all new cave. Then at the climax just rip off Dark Victory and have Dick (as has been said, no costume) help defend the Batcave from some villains. Just run a redemption angle and have Robin represent a part of that. End with Batman and Robin discussing something witht Gordon on the roof.