Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Comic Book Toys and Collectibles

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
SUPER annoying to see the 70s Hogan WWE Superstar figures appear to be "chase" so I'll probably never see them unless it is on ebay.

Capt Lou is also released and is 7 dollars more online than it would be in store (plus shipping).

This is the pain in the ass portion of collecting.

I did buy some Hogans, Mega Powers, and Andre figs from Ringside collectables this week.
The new basic white shirt Hogan fig showed up at Walmart. All 3 had a bent card. Cool. Cool.

In non wrestling crap that may interest the masses... I got a nice deal on the Bo Knows... 2 sided Tiger electronics hand held. Only 31 years later than hoped.

I've gotten random Mr. T stuff (music record, puzzles, board games), Mutant Mayhem TMNT crap, Mario movie figs, He man stuff and so on over the past few weeks. The buying never stops!

BAD month to have addictions. Have to pay the property tax bill, Xmas presents, a new 500 dollar lap top and SURPRISE a new TV as my TV died randomly Tuesday.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
SUPER annoying to see the 70s Hogan WWE Superstar figures appear to be "chase" so I'll probably never see them unless it is on ebay.

Capt Lou is also released and is 7 dollars more online than it would be in store (plus shipping).
Paid the ebay price for the 70s Hogan (42ish). Paid 7 dollars more than I needed to for Capt Lou (27) as right after I won it on ebay, It came to my store. Got the new Hogan Funko, the ref Mr T fig, a Thundercats collectors case (paid half of the ebay price at a toy con right next to Brody manor), other random pick ups lately have been He-man puzzles, Mr T "Lazer" stickers from 83, various Little People playsets and figures, and so on.
I've been to Milwaukee for a con and multi-toy store run, as well as a church rummage sale, and another flea market in recent weeks. The plastic addiction is real!

Heading to Green Bay's biggest twice a year toy con at the Resch complex in 2 weeks, the week after that I'm back in Milwaukee for a weekend at the Midwest Gaming Classic. Staying at the Hilton as part of the Con rate deal.
--
Walmart online had their Collector Con yesterday and it went as annoying as we nerds were expecting. The He-man stuff mostly sold out in under a minute. Mattel really should just do pre-orders instead of making limited amounts and letting the scalpers run wild.
Somehow some people were using a backdoor to put shit in their online cart before the sale was even active, so the moment it kicked off they were able to hit "Buy".
The new TMNT MOTU Krang was still available when I checked in but with shipping it rang up at 92 bucks. I went on ebay and paid 60 instead. Still too much but the value is likely to only go up with the seemingly limited quantity

This theory doesn't always work out. I've certainly paid for new shit in the past year that then became shelf warmers and reduced in price.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Spent Fri in Milwaukee. Went to a fancy dan German eatery (Mader's) that I've spoken of in this thread before.
Followed it up by having a good time at a team improv show.
Spent all day Sat at the Midwest Gaming Classic. John Riggs and John Hancock declared it the best in the US.
Here's some pics of my adventures:

You'll have to expand it to see them all. Light Saber battles, Cosplay, motion sensor fights, endless video games, arcade machines, pinball machines.... panels, rock climbing, Hollywood cars, a giant vendor hall, 2 live wrestling shows and so on and on

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

My buddy was ill all day and skipped breakfast (unheard of for a 375 pounder) so we left at 7 for supper and missed the panel Riggs has a pic of just as this video starts.
The guy missing his arms is Patman, who posts arcade reviews on youtube but is also frequently on wrestlingclassics. Had I known he was going to be at the panel, I would have taken my buddies offer to stick around while he went for food.

As I posted above, with 1000 things happening at once, things will be missed and one of the things I regret bypassing was the modded systems Riggs and Hancock have been sharing on yt all weekend.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Not really a "comic book" but my Amazing Digital Circus POMNI figurine arrived from AniMatez :)

9TZmeST.jpg

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Had an insane weekend of toy hunting...

As I noted in the Brody wackiness thread, I drove to Sheboygan to a big toy store and dropped 300 bucks on Mario trophies, Mario toys, TMNT toys, lunch boxes, thermos and other junk.
Then today my buddies and I went to a toy con in Black Creek. Tiny con but I scored a vintage MOTU puzzle and a New Adventures of He Man VHS

Then we headed to a toy store in New London:

Tiny place, packed to the gills with stuff. I only found a 1987 Wrestling Picture book I can't recall ever seeing before. 8 dollars.

Odd choice of a cover since Hogan, and all the WWF stars are inside, plus NWA, some AWA, WCCW etc

--
Hit another vintage antique mall and I managed to not spend anything,

But then we hit a big vintage toy store next to my house, They were having a Father's Day vendor special in the parking lot. Somehow this one vendor was selling boxed action figures for upwards of 60 percent off their value. So I grabbed a WWE Superstars 70s Hogan Blue pants chase figure (35 plus on ebay) for 10 bucks. I also grabbed a few modern MOTU, also for 10 bucks. Plus a few vintage loose MOTU for 3 bucks each.
Could have gotten more if I wanted to as they had Warrior, Rock, Taker, etc and a ton others. My buddy bought a bunch of Anime girls who he didn't know because they were listed at 30 and selling for 10.
Once inside the actual store, I snagged a Wrestlemania 1 Clamshell VHS, more modern MOTU stuff, a Zelda mug, a giant 1989 Raphael TMNT (Mikey is the only vintage giant I am lacking now), a NECA Bebop and some random crap. Another 150 in all.

So the weekend haul was around 500 bucks. Good lord!

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Pre-ordered the Millie, Moxie, and Fizzarolli figures for $29.99 each off the SharkRobot site (Helluva Boss' "Official" merch store) for the Fall/Winter. Looks like they already may be sold out/unavailable to pre-order on the site and I did the order June 1st.

Millie1_26ab6863-941f-421d-a1bc-a3b4aa670eee.png
Moxxie1_fc2b40cb-32fa-45cf-b358-f1231d6f2ad1.png
Fizz1.png

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Another week....another toy show....
Dropped over 125 today on TMNT ColorForms from the early 90s, a TMNT puzzle, 2 of the Sectaur giant bugs
A Hogan NWO bobble head, a Hogan vs Goldberg "board" game, Super 7 Mutagen Man, Mr Freeze (Arnold version) figure, an Infaceable figure and some other randoms (such as a Shy Guy "lamp"/Night Light/Something.... .

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Went to a big flea market in Shawano this AM with 2 buddies. Always a wild mix of things to see. Amish baked goods, rusty tools, antiques, Pokemon cards, knick knacks, Walmart claimed out items that apparently were bought in bulk for resale, Funkos, Trump shit and so on.

Snagged some modern MOTU toys for a decent price. Masterverse New Eternia Stratos in box for 6 bucks and a loose toddler He-man, a plug and play TMNT game from the modern era.
Snagged a old hot wheel race set (1.00) for my cousin's kids, along with some Pokemon figs boxed for 3 bucks.
One booth had a naked Michael Jackson figured. My buddy quipped about the lack of genitals.
Another booth had an Urkel doll for 10 bucks I kind of regret passing on.

My buddy bought a "Mystery Box" from an Amazon returns reseller. He ended up with 2 hot tub tables and a foot mat. Worth more than 40, but not for him. He generally blows money on stupid stuff every trip.

We went Mini golfing afterward. Lots of laughs. Had lunch at at kitschy Green Bay restaurant (White Dog, Black Cat Cafe) on the only nice road in town (Broadway) and finished the day at a dud of an antique mall in Allouez that had some vendors selling outside of it.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Spent 125 on a giant vintage Bebop as my birthday splurge.
As opposed to all the crap I buy weekly anyway?
I guess I'll have to buy a Rocksteady next year.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score