Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Concerts coming to your area: Good and Bad

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Grabbed tickets for Judas Priest in April. It's so refreshing to get seats close to the stage and NOT have to pay an arm and leg.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Sammy Hagar is doing a tour with set lists that are predominantly Van Halen songs with Joe Satriani, who was allegedly the guy that they wanted for the EVH Tribute tour with the other surviving members.

Van Halen drama didn’t die with Eddie.
His website has a header listing the songs that will be performed during the tour. There’s no “Dreams” (which he can’t really sing anymore so when he does it live it’s a wussy acoustic version that he sings in a lower register), “Love Walks In” or “Can’t Stop Lovin’ You” which are my three favorite Van Hagar tracks. They do list “5150” which is #4. But I’m going to be skipping this. If it came to Bethel Woods I’d probably go but it’s not. I should have seen VH in 2004 but I didn’t have any money then.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If it were in Boston, Bangor or New Hampshire, I’d strongly consider going but Mansfield, MA is a pain in the butt to get to.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
I won’t be going to the Bethel Woods show but I think this is the first nu-metal act to play there. Big breakthrough for the region imo.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
NYC got Brandi Carlisle and she was actually pretty good. Her and P!nk did a cover of No One Compares 2 U together.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
NYC is getting Steve Miller rather than Heart, so I have little interest, but even if I did I wouldn’t go all the way to Citi Field. Journey is playing Wilkes-Barre in the spring so I’ll see them then.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Friend grabbed us tickets for Pixies and Modest Mouse in June. I saw Pixies back in 2017 and they were awesome. Never seen MM.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper are hitting the road together this summer AGAIN. What was really intriguing is that they're bringing the same exact openers (Ministry and Filter) as their tour last year.

Stupid question: how often do headliners get repeat openers on their tours?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
*plugging ears*

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Friend grabbed us tickets for Pixies and Modest Mouse in June. I saw Pixies back in 2017 and they were awesome. Never seen MM.
I got tickets to MM about 7 or 8 years ago but sold them after seeing the setlists from some of the early dates. I don't think they were even promoting an album, either, so it's not like they were obligated to play only "new" shit.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Weezer is doing a Blue Album 30th Anniversary tour with the Flaming Lips and Dinosaur Jr as openers.

Of course, they are coming to Boston on a Tuesday in September, which is just about the worst day for a concert that isn’t Christmas or Thanksgiving. Latter two, at least I’d have the day off…

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oddly perfect pairing. Lead singer with none of his original band mates and a band with all of their original members except their lead singer .

Not sure if this should’ve gone in this thread, the butt rock thread, or the classic rock that fuckin’ sucks thread.