Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Concerts coming to your area: Good and Bad

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oh yeah. I am also seeing Primus and Coheed & Cambria in August but that is more of a plus one situation. I am pissed Fishbone dropped out as tour opener and got replaced by Puddles’ Pity Party.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Belle and Sebastian are coming to town in a few weeks. Not going to the show proper but have been invited to the post concert secret show with them and a couple local bands. Ideally I can make it and annoy them about "Lazy Line Painter Jane" in an intimate setting.

Staff member
Reaction score
Almost afraid to look up how expensive these tickets are going to be.
Considering this might literally be the only time to see him, yeah they’re gonna be expensive. I might get one

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Belle and Sebastian are coming to town in a few weeks. Not going to the show proper but have been invited to the post concert secret show with them and a couple local bands. Ideally I can make it and annoy them about "Lazy Line Painter Jane" in an intimate setting.
So whoever the booker was for this apparently got covid and wasn't able to communicate with the venue or the bands involved for over a week, so no one knew who was booked or what the show actually was until it came up on the website yesterday morning. It was also not communicated that Belle & Sebastian weren't showing up, but that it was the drummer doing a DJ set, which didn't appeal to me in the slightest. And it wasn't that good, anyway. But it was free, and that's what matters.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

"Country Thunder" featuring..... Nickelback?!?!

I guess the title could be implying the "Country" is the rural setting and not the music, but seeing a poster for this a couple hours ago made me do a double take

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Nickelback recently collaborated with bro country doofus (and recent WWE PPV guest) HARDY and played at Stagecouch, which is country version of Coachella.

Brody: Matt and Jeff have a younger brother!?

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
This was bound to happen. People looked to the eras tour and thought "see? People will pay anything!" But failed to realize only a select few artists can command ticket prices like that on the large venues they perform in. That wasn't gonna be J. Lo or the Black Keys.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Friend grabbed us tickets for Pixies and Modest Mouse in June. I saw Pixies back in 2017 and they were awesome. Never seen MM.

Pixies still sounded great though they have zero stage presence. MM also sounded terrible. The music was good but whoever teched their set decided it was a good idea to drown the vocals and turn the guitars up to 11. Good but unmemorable show.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Last night I saw Alanis Morrisette for the 2nd time along with Joan Jett (first time) and Morgan Wade (who?). Both Alanis and Joan are phenomenal performers and would like to see both again. I'd actually love to see Joan headline.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah it bums me out to see Joan Jett relegated to special guest/opener status. Hell, she was fourth bill on the Motley Crue/Def Leppard/Poison tour. I get Crue and Def being billed higher but her and Poison could’ve at least swapped that third spot.

Joan Jett feels more culturally relevant than Poison in the 2020s. Hell, you could argue solo Bret Michaels is more relevant than Poison. Which is weird cause solo Bret Michaels is almost all Poison songs with a few dumb covers Bret knows drunk people will like.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Saw GZA at the Dakota Jazz Club in Minneapolis a couple nights ago. Our seats were a few tables from the stage but the way it's set up there, we were basically in the front row with a completely unobstructed view of one of the goats.