Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

CXF Fantasy Baseball 2022: League Champ is Treble!

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Jarred Kelenic is available for trade if anyone is interested. I guess I'd want a 1b or hitting in return.

dirtmagirt

BLAZE ONE FOR THE NATION!!!!!
Reaction score
This is the start of a very tough 3 week stretch. I am about to find out if my team is a contender or a pretender

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
My team can't catch a break. Finally have a solid hitting and pitching week. Still lose 5-8.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
All-Star week is a week and a half long so I increased player adds for this week from 4 to 6. We'll drop back down to 4 starting next week.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Damn... when the resident Yankees fan of the league Steaming Deuces cuts Aroldis Chapman that means Chapman is officially dust!

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Stretch run August 1st league update!

Six Weeks of Regular Season left.

Trade Deadline August 25th.

Transactions per week is back down to 4 after the double week for All-Star week.

I've been looking at it for a few weeks but wanted to let All-Star week pass, but OG's team has been pretty neglected most of the season. I put healthy players from his roster into his pitching lineup and messaged him. Hopefully he gets active.

Last edited:

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Last week of the regular season.

We have a pretty good battle for the 6th and final championship playoff spot. 1.5 games separates Treble, Montana, and 909.

We also have a good battle for the final consolation spot. 1.5 games separate, Gman, Minger, and OG. OG has climbed back like 20 games to even be in the hunt. Pretty damn good month and a half for him. He's 60-20 the past 6 weeks or so. That's a hot run.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I was hoping to try and sneak into the top half of the standings by the end of the year but Harry Doyle curb stomped me :(

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Playoffs!

CHAMPIONSHIP BRACKET
Quarter-Finals
Byes: #1 Krankor & #2 BRC
#3 Dirt vs #6 Treble
#4 Steak vs # 5 DCBild

CONSOLATION BRACKET
Quarter-Finals
Byes: #7 909 & #8 Montana
#9 Chewbie vs #12 Gman
#10 Squint vs #11 HarleyQuinn

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
CHAMPIONSHIP BRACKET
Semi-Finals
#1 Krankor vs DCBild
#2 Pops vs Treble

Quarter-Finals
Byes: #1 Krankor & #2
#3 Dirt vs #6 Treble - Treble wins 9 to 3
#4 Steak vs # 5 DCBild - DCBild wins 8 to 5

CONSOLATION BRACKET
Semi-Finals
#7 909 vs #11 Harley
#8 Montana vs #9 Chewbie

Quarter-Finals
#9 Chewbie vs #12 Gman - Chewbie wins 7 to 5
#10 Squint vs #11 HarleyQuinn - Harley wins 8 to 4

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Championship Week!

CHAMPIONSHIP BRACKET
Finals
#1 Krankor vs #6 Treble

Semi-Finals
#1 Krankor vs DCBild ‐ Krankor wins 12 to 1
#2 Pops vs Treble - Treble wins 9 to 5

Quarter-Finals
Byes: #1 Krankor & #2
#3 Dirt vs #6 Treble - Treble wins 9 to 3
#4 Steak vs # 5 DCBild - DCBild wins 8 to 5

CONSOLATION BRACKET
Finals
#9 Chewbie vs #11 Harley

Semi-Finals
#7 909 vs #11 Harley - Harley wins 7 to 6 (innings not met)
#8 Montana vs #9 Chewbie ‐ Chewbie wins 9 to 3

Quarter-Finals
#9 Chewbie vs #12 Gman - Chewbie wins 7 to 5
#10 Squint vs #11 HarleyQuinn - Harley wins 8 to 4

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No Spencer Strider is going to hurt my chances.

Is this until the end of the season or do we end on Sunday?

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Yeah that's a massive loss. He has been great all year.

Looks like it's a 10 day week according to the settings. Ends on Wednesday Oct 5th.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Anyone wanting to post their keepers, feel free. Deadline won't be until probably Feb 1st.

Keepers:
The keeper limit will be 10 players. Teams keeping less than 10 players, will get consolation pick(s) in the consolation round which will occur after round one.

Keeper Luxury Tax:
If a team would like to keep an 11th or 12th player, they can. However they will have to forfeit certain draft picks. If they keep an 11th player, they will forfeit their 1st and 4th. If they keep a 12th, they will also forfeit their 2nd and 3rd

Last edited:

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Three days in and basically all categories are either tied or within 1. Only categories that anyone has a decent grip on are the batting percentages. I've had 8 more at bats, but have 8 less hits, edge to Treble so far. Treble has a decent player advantage for Thursday.

I had to make some reactionary moves today with Arenado not playing and talk of the Cardinals resting players more since they clinched. 7 days left and I got 2 moves left. Come on Triston Casas and Bryan De La Cruz!

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Matchup will pretty much be decided tonight. My only shot tonight was Ranger Suarez and Lucas Giolito being bad.

Been trying to get a damn save and hold from 5 different bums the past week and none of them can do it. Picked up Alex Lange who had been good, he promptly blows a lead and reinflates my ERA/WHIP.

I'd be a lot closer in the hitting cats if I'd have switched to Bryan De La Cruz at UTL when I was considering him last week. That was 2 runs, a hr, and 3 rbi I could have used.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Lucas Giolito with a clutch Tuesday performance for Treble. He stopped the bleeding that Ranger Suarez started leaving Treble up 0.07 in ERA and 0.06 in Whip. Plus Giolito registered a W. Alex Lange's relief meltdown for me also hurt big time.

I still have a path to a win, but its going to take some massive hitting days on Wednesday and for my RPs to finally do their jobs.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Congrats to Treble on winning the league championship 9-3! It's definitely a hard task to complete. Treble gave me my first loss in like 10 weeks since Week 12. My starting pitching did well, all my relievers just ghosted me from doing their jobs.

Looks like Chewbie defeated Harley for the consolation title 14-0.