Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Dwayne Johnson shows up late and pees in bottles.

Staff member
Reaction score
I know a lot of people who hate him so he's long been a heel. It would explain why most of his movies bomb that's for sure.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well, vast majority of his movies being mediocre doesn’t help either.

Dave Batista and to a lesser extent, John Cena’s acting careers (and the fact that they pick roles where can actually ACT) hasn’t helped Dwayne’s persona.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
People forget that Rock's return to WWE in 2011 was a direct result of his acting career failing big time. He came off a string of those awful children's films and he did a few indies (Southland Tales, Faster) that didn't fare well at the box office. He fired his agent and got his ex-wife to represent him which has payed dividends.

Fast 5 catapulted him back into the limelight. If the Fast series somehow wound up falling on its ass, we probably would have gotten more Rock matches in the past decade (though I doubt a fulltime return).

Gary

If You're Into It, I'm Out of It
Reaction score
Well, vast majority of his movies being mediocre doesn’t help either.

Dave Batista and to a lesser extent, John Cena’s acting careers (and the fact that they pick roles where can actually ACT) hasn’t helped Dwayne’s persona.
Also, he hasn't done anything that requires him to act in a long time. I remember suffering through "Red Notice" thinking "oh, so this is all you do now"

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think his best roles were Be Cool and Southland Tales and those were his two biggest flops. I think he has (somewhat rightly tbh) figured “Why put in the work?”

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Doesn't Roberts have domestic violence charges from the 90s? He's always been a heel.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Star 80 is better than anything Rock's ever done.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Rock couldn't live off his natural charm forever. It's hard for any action start to age with dignity. I hope for his sake that he doesn't have a secret kid with his housekeeper that everyone finds out about.
Or Tom Hanks going full heel after contracting COVID...
He already has gone heel for the zaniest parts of the country (@BruiserBrody 's break room). Which just might make him more of a babyface IMO.

Staff member
Reaction score
Momoa's character won in this movie so he's gonna be around for the next

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This is a I’m going to vote for Trump but I am too sensitive to say I’m going to vote for Trump speech if I ever saw one.

Either that or he is just playing face for the Fox News crowd. I could also see Dwayne being an RFK JR guy. Controversial third generations acts got to stick together.

Also Vince McMahon must have set up this Rock-Fox News WrestleMania week in depth interview right before he left.

Valeyard

Reaction score
He just won't vote, meaning future complaints will be both abundant and lacking credibility.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Being serious, I've never felt more justified in not liking the guy than I do now. It's been good eatin' the last few months.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
But you're not supposed to like him!
Really though, I think last few years have shown how such a duplicitous, people pleaser that The Rock is. Every time I see The Rock giving an interview "out of character" you can kind of see the gears whirling in his head.

It kind of makes this year's WrestleMania build interesting. cause Cody is kind of same way but he hasn't been chewed up by The Hollywood illuminati spin machine like Dwayne.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I've never liked him. There's nothing real about him. He can be entertaining as fuck but it always winds up at the expense of something or someone else in such a way that it hurts everything else. I probably lowkey never forgave him for voting Bush, either.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Rock definitely made (or played a huge part in making, at least) Chris Jericho and Brock Lesnar.

Which, uh…yeah, Vale, I guess doesn’t seem like all that great of a thing from a 2024 standpoint.