Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Eminem vs Mariah Carey and nick cannon

Reaction score
Uhhh... Eminem is 36 (mid 30's), Mariah Carey is 39 (late 30's), and nick cannon is 28 (late 20's). What does age have anything to do with this?

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
I don't know, I though Eminem was mature now that he got off the drugs. And I thought he stopped calling people faggots. Seems a little high schoolish to me.

Perfxion

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This "beef" is so sad. Em needs to grow up. He has made three tracks about Mariah. And her one is better than his three. The whole Shady/Aftermath style of forever beefing is getting completely played out.

Reaction score
Perfxion said:
This "beef" is so sad. Em needs to grow up. He has made three tracks about Mariah. And her one is better than his three. The whole Shady/Aftermath style of forever beefing is getting completely played out.

You must be out of your mothafuckin' mind.

Byron The Bulb

Byron the bulb
Reaction score
The only kinda good thing to come out of any of this is Gucci Mane's appearance on the "Obsessed" remix. Well, I guess Mariah's tits are kinda nice in the video, too.

edit: I'm listening to that Eminem song now and it's pathetic. Eminem sucks.

still fly

#bae
Reaction score
Three things that are guaranteed when Em drops a diss track:

1. Geeked out white boys jizzing all over themselves

2. "Em killed him/her!"

3. People proclaiming Em as the best rapper alive

Sorry, Jaxxxson, I've would have liked this better 9 years ago, when I was a sophomore in high school. I kinda wish he would grow and realize that he had his chance with Mariah in 2004. Nothing like a beef with Nick Canon. White Boy please.

Edwin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
"Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Diss"

Read that again, and then kill yourself if you got excited.

Reaction score
No, the diss track was pretty good.

And all the geeked out white boys here are saying it sucks.

Gary

If You're Into It, I'm Out of It
Reaction score
Brooklyn Zoo said:
No, the diss track was pretty good.

And all the geeked out white boys here are saying it sucks.
I'm pretty sure that you don't have to be a "geeked out white boy" to know when something sounds awful. Face it, Eminem is old news and over the hill and that at this point, only "geeked out white boys" seem to come to his defense.

Reaction score
I was referring to still flys post.

And he isn't over the hill nor old news. His most recent album is a good one, and it sold like crazy.

still fly

#bae
Reaction score
Standing up on it's own, it's a decent track. Nothing close to his best, but decent. But going on 24 years old now, I feel like I've grown out of Eminem's shtick. Beefing with pop stars is so 2000.

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Motion to merge this thread into "oh my god, what is this"

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't think this can be emphasized enough: if you are in any way impressed by this bullshit, you should take a good, hard look at yourself and think about the decisions you've made in your life that brought you to this point. The mouthbreathers who eat this shit up, not to mention the emotionally retarded people responsible for it, make it hard (sometimes) to defend rap as a credible genre of music.

Reaction score
Why must everything be taken so seriously? This isn't what HIP HOP is all about, but it's funny. It's like a roast, except meaner.

Gary

If You're Into It, I'm Out of It
Reaction score
I'm amazed he hasn't tried to feud with Miley Cyrus at this point.

Brooklyn Zoo said:
Why must everything be taken so seriously? This isn't what HIP HOP is all about, but it's funny. It's like a roast, except meaner.
But feuds like Jay-Z vs. Nas were from two talented rappers and have good reason for being remembered. This is just from a guy going through the same angry clown routine that's been done to death. As Inc said, this kind of shit is embarrassing to Hip Hop.

Reaction score
Gary Floyd said:
I'm amazed he hasn't tried to feud with Miley Cyrus at this point.

Brooklyn Zoo said:
But feuds like Jay-Z vs. Nas were from two talented rappers and have good reason for being remembered. This is just from a guy going through the same angry clown routine that's been done to death. As Inc said, this kind of shit is embarrassing to Hip Hop.

Not really. She came out with a song about him, so he came out with a song about her. He's just doing it the way he knows how. Dude started off doing this type of shit when he got into rap, as a kid. It's what he knows. He's not going to write an essay saying why he hates Mariah. And he's too emotional to not say anything. Apparently Mariah really left her mark on him back when they were going out. So what? It doesn't have to be compared to Nas and Jay Z. Jay Z was nearly 40 when he came out with Takeover. Who gives a shit who it's against. At least Eminem is a good rapper, so it sounds alright.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jay-Z was barely over 30 when he recorded "The Takeover," but that's neither here nor there.

I suppose we should give Eminem credit for moving on from trash-talking foul-mouthed dog puppets to letting real-live human beings know that they're faggots. What a great talent and mind this man has.

Reaction score
Well he is talented.

Unless you count the ICP as trash talking dog foul mouthed puppets, he never feuded with Triumph.