Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Eminem vs Mariah Carey and nick cannon

Edwin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The only good thing I can say about it is that at least he's not using one of his stupid voices.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Honest to god question but was Eminem ever popular with hipsters---even in an ironic sense? I vaguely recall it happening when 8 Mile came out and probably ended sometime before Encore.

Edwin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I like the first two albums quite a bit, or at least I did last time I checked. I haven't listened to either of them in 4 or 5 years. Everything else he's done ranges from unremarkable to garbage. His shtick was compelling and he was a very good rapper, but he never evolved.

Reaction score
I'd say he changed a bit in Eminem Show.

He experiment with a new flow in Encore. Encore sucked. But Relapse is more of the older stuff, like Slim Shady LP, except with a better flow. If you get past the stupid voices, he's still really good. His content was never great. He tries different styles and flows, and does them well. My Darling, which wasn't one of the first 20 tracks is a pretty cool song, something out of the ordinary.

Gary

If You're Into It, I'm Out of It
Reaction score
Brooklyn Zoo said:
I'd say he changed a bit in Eminem Show.

Where he dissed Moby. I know, I know, Moby started it or whatever, but a feud with fucking Moby? Really?

Reaction score
A throwaway line on a poppy song to sell the CD is now a feud with Moby? Listen to the album.

still fly

#bae
Reaction score
Edwin said:
I like the first two albums quite a bit, or at least I did last time I checked. I haven't listened to either of them in 4 or 5 years. Everything else he's done ranges from unremarkable to garbage. His shtick was compelling and he was a very good rapper, but he never evolved.

Pretty much my sentiment as well. Listening to 2Pac's albums he recorded when he was alive, there at least some sort of growth in his progression as an artist. 2Pacaplyse Now and The 7 Day Theory sound and feel nothing alike. If you played all of Eminen's albums in a row, other than different production techniques, he's subject matter ranges from drugs, faggots, his mother and daughter and pop star beefs. Not exactly what I call maturing.

Reaction score
White America, Soldier, Square Dance, Sing for the Moment, When the Music Stops (D12), Till I Collapse (probably my favorite song), the last verse of My Dad's Gone Crazy is sick, are free of any of that stuff. Like singing about your daughter is so horrible. What a fucking douchebag.

Reaction score
I don't know why I talk about rap/hip-hop on this forum because it is painfully clear most of you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

Slayer

I have no lies or truth in what I say
Reaction score
I'd never even fucking heard of Nick Cannon before this thread

Reaction score
Slayer said:
I'd never even fucking heard of Nick Cannon before this thread

He has made a couple of movies and was on Nickelodeon for something and then went to MTV with his show "Wild'n Out" and I think he made a couple CDs. His most famous song was "gigalo".

Edwin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jaxxxson Mayhem said:
I don't know why I talk about rap/hip-hop on this forum because it is painfully clear most of you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.
Do I have to do the thing where I list all the rap I do like and think is wonderful now to prove my street cred.

Reaction score
Edwin said:
Jaxxxson Mayhem said:
Do I have to do the thing where I list all the rap I do like and think is wonderful now to prove my street cred.

Only if you cannot admit that this was a great diss track. Take away who it was aimed at and look at it from that perspective. It was great. Eminem has said before, "Boy girl dog woman man child
I'll shit on you" It doesn't matter who is trying to get at him, he will shit on them. If you can really sit there and say that Eminem is not a good lyricist and rapper, you really need to give up listening to hip-hop/rap and just admit you know nothing about this form of music.

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Edwin said:
Jaxxxson Mayhem said:
Don't bother. Nobody's got more street cred than the Hoosier Wigger.

Sesquipedaliantique

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's not as if Hova has been doing much better in his old age. His collab with Weezy was tight, but he's really fallen off on the whole.

I liked some of American Gangster at least.

mellow

Integral Poster
Reaction score
As somebody who has been listening to the genre longer than many of you have been alive, and as somebody who was once a big fan of Eminem's music- I wouldn't wipe my ass with his new CD.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
I was about to list "Yeezy, Weezy and Hov" in that thread about words that shouldn't be said again. I could have averted that Cyber Mark post.

Reaction score
mellow said:
As somebody who has been listening to the genre longer than many of you have been alive, and as somebody who was once a big fan of Eminem's music- I wouldn't wipe my ass with his new CD.

Ummmm..... yeah.... I wouldn't be so quick to think that.

Reaction score
Czech said:
Edwin said:
Jaxxxson Mayhem said:
Don't bother. Nobody's got more street cred than the Hoosier Wigger.

hahahhaa. I cannot believe you are still on my dick after all this time. I'll continue to do my best and ignore your little shots at me. I'll survive.

still fly

#bae
Reaction score
Jaxxxson Mayhem said:
Edwin said:
Jaxxxson Mayhem said:

Only if you cannot admit that this was a great diss track. Take away who it was aimed at and look at it from that perspective. It was great. Eminem has said before, "Boy girl dog woman man child
I'll shit on you" It doesn't matter who is trying to get at him, he will shit on them. If you can really sit there and say that Eminem is not a good lyricist and rapper, you really need to give up listening to hip-hop/rap and just admit you know nothing about this form of music.

I guess after your done wanking it to the Slim Shady LP, you can tell how me how to do it "hood" up in Indiana.

Sorry Eminem is garbage now.

Agent of Oblivion

Faded as fuck
Reaction score
Devin+Townsend.jpg

Reaction score
I will first have to figure out who the fuck you are to give a proper response.

Also, the Slim Shady LP is a fucking classic. When did I ever bring in "hood-ness" into the conversation? I am talking about lyrics and delivery/flow, etc.
THE RAINBOW COALITION said:
Jaxxxson Mayhem said:
Edwin said:
Jaxxxson Mayhem said:

I guess after your done wanking it to the Slim Shady LP, you can tell how me how to do it "hood" up in Indiana.

Sorry Eminem is garbage now.

Reaction score
Slim Shady LP a classic? Rap didn't start in 1999 you know.

Doggystyle = Classic
The Chronic = Classic
Illmatic = Classic
Straight Outta Compton = Classic
Only Built 4 Cuban Linx = Classic

I don't see your point.

Slayer

I have no lies or truth in what I say
Reaction score
Slim Shady LP a classic? Rap didn't start in 1999 you know.

diss tracks weren't invented until the mid-90's