Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Entourage: Season 6

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
What happened? I had to watch the roughly the first 3 minutes of Entourage to see the end of Curb (which started with about 3 minutes of commercials for HBO), then the Entourage recording ended with Ari in bed. Did that guy kill himself? I was barely paying attention and pretty bored, but it seemed to be headed there.

timmy8271

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah he killed himself after doing a bunch of coke. Good ending but the show highlight was Dice in his apartment. Love the Dice/Drama partnership.

Edwin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I find it hilarious and slightly compelling that the most brodacious of TV shows is taking its final season to explore Serious Issues like addiction, divorce, and death. I guess the cast wanted to get some clips of them doing something besides partying and going to Vegas since none of them will ever work again.

Reaction score
Edwin said:
I find it hilarious and slightly compelling that the most brodacious of TV shows is taking its final season to explore Serious Issues like addiction, divorce, and death. I guess the cast wanted to get some clips of them doing something besides partying and going to Vegas since none of them will ever work again.

Ever since Ally Musika took over head writing, the show has kinda been like a revenge of the females kinda thing and last season sucked balls because of that. However, so far in this season, it feels like the women have overstepped their bounds and are no longer in the right. At least I hope that's the case cause they're trippin.

Reaction score
Red Baron said:
This season is the best just because of Ari making fun of Bobby Flay.

It was pretty funny when Ari thought Mrs. Ari was dating a waiter and felt embarrassed because of that.

"I can't believe you'd leave me for a waiter."
"I'm not dating a waiter. I'm dating the owner."
"Bobby Flay? You're dating a COOK?"

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
So did anyone go onto HBOgo and watch next week's episode? I won't spoil it but it ends with a HOLY SHIT moment that fans of the show will either love or hate.

For those who did watch it or don't care about being spoiled:

After another confrontation with Sloan, she reveals to Eric that she is pregnant with his kid. Of course she then pulls the "I am still moving to NY and want nothing to do or from you" bullshit. That is pretty shitty of her if in fact she was trying to say she is having the kid but doesn't want Eric to be involved in any way. I mean really, FUCK THAT, she has no right to make that decision (Eric being in the kid's life, not the NY thing) She is a total babe, and wow that top she had on this episode was awesome, but seriously FUCK SLOAN!

Staff member
Reaction score
The one on HBO GO right now is probably the best one there's been.

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
Eric's relationship with Sloan reminds me of Kevin Arnold & Winnie Cooper. Kevin was head over heels in love with Winnie, but it always seemed like Winnie took advantage of this and only kept Kevin around for when she needed company until something better in her mind came along and as soon as it did she would drop Kevin on the spot.

Sloan seems to be the same way.

I know that is over-simplifying it, but it still kinda reminds me of it.

jimmy no nose

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This show has basically reached the point where it's not even a comedy anymore. Outside of a line here and there I can't really think of anything that was even supposed to be funny.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Sloan on Entourage is like Lana on Smallville and Tara on True Blood. No matter how badly the fans of the show dislike her, they writers will keep them on forever.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I hope the final image of the show is all the guys on a plane returning to NYC and then that plane crashes into a mountain.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
"Turtle's a millionaire?"

Yep. That's where we are.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Vince should have come home and found that Turtle had hung himself for being an incredible fuck up that cost him 15 million dollars. Then he could have turned to his brother and said "huh...probably should have told him I didn't sell!" Then they could have done something douchbagy and the world would have kept turning.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Also how badly did they need to come back for this last season when they're heading for the same ending they had...last season. "Sloan you have to get with E. Cause it's not at all ridiculous we did this same storyline 8 episodes ago and ended the last season with it."

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
It feels like nothing has really happened this season. There hasn't been a single moment worth remembering for me.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
Why exactly am I supposed to care about Vince pining for a reporter we just met a few episodes ago when the show is 1 episode away from being done? They either hook up or they don't, but why does it matter?

I also feel like I never know what Turtle's storyline is but that's usually because I don't pay attention / forget (I had forgot about the Mark Cuban thing until today). In fact I was trying to remember why the beginning of this season was about how great the tequila business was when my last memory was Turtle upsetting the old man when they had a shortage of product and couldn't fill orders.

Reaction score
A-Rod telling Turtle to apologize to Teixeira was pretty funny. That's exactly how I imagine A-Rod.

Best line of this season was when E told the group that Sloan is leaving to New York and Johnny Drama was like "Jeez, poor guy must fuck like dogshit."

A Happy Medium

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So, what was supposed to blow my mind from this episode?

Even when Turtle works for the said money he earns, (kind of) Vince has to bail him out. If it weren't for Vince, Turtle would have definitely killed himself by now. Drama would also be stuck on the convention circuit for Viking Quest. Murphy would have opened a bar by now.

They aren't doing anything that screams finale, because they're still saving up for the movie...where nothing will happen. Maybe Ari dies after a knife fight with Bobby Flay. That could put asses in the seats.

Edwin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
AYYYYY, JOHNNY'S GONNA GET TO DO THE TV SHOW!
AYYYYY, TURTLE'S GONNA GET TO OPEN DA RESTAURANT!

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
Hopefully the movie involves Turtle opening a restaurant in the Middle East and the waitresses wear some sort of sexy burka (like, the face part but then skimpy everywhere else?) and a bunch of people get offended and shut down production.

A Happy Medium

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That would remind me way too much of Sex and the City II. A shitty movie that takes place in the Middle East is all they'd really have in common.

A Happy Medium

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The problem with that if I might wind watching getting drunk and watching it at two in the morning because it's so terrible.

Maybe the finale should feature Vince finding out he has transmitted HIV to half of Los Angeles since he moved there. But everything will work out for the boys, as Turtle gets Magic Johnson as another backer, and he gives the cure to Vince.