Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

General Fantasy Sports Discussion

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Did my first ever Best Ball Draft. 0.5 PPR, general scoring & roster otherwise (no roster moves). A little weak at WR but hoping booms can carry me.

QBs: Tom Brady, Baker Mayfield, Derek Carr, Davis Mills
RBs: Saquon Barkley, Nick Chubb, Chase Edmonds, Damien Harris, Javian Hawkins
WRs: Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Henry Ruggs, Terrace Marshall Jr, Christian Kirk, Kadarius Toney
TEs: George Kittle, Jonnu Smith, Austin Hooper

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Anybody interested in joining a keeper league for the 2022-23 season? I've just been informed that one of my managers will not be returning for next season, and I'd like to get ahead of finding a replacement, if possible.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bringing this back as I need advice if I should push this through -

Current fantasy team is Geno/Rodgers at QB and Aaron Jones/Etienne/Breece Hall at RB, both positions have been in rotation depending on match ups.

I got an offer of Josh Allen for Breece and Rodgers. Most of my team is on bye next week so it might be an automatic loss, but do I take this?

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
I probably wouldnt take that offer. Doing a 2 for 1 for a QB in a redraft league usually doesnt help in the long run. If you had a massive surplus of starting RBs, like 5, maybe. 3 I don't really consider a surplus. Breece Hall might very well out score Aaron Jones or Etienne rest of the season. The trade would be a definite no for me.

Reactions: HSJ

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Gonna be spite dropping Derek Carr from my fantasy team ASAP. For the past 3-4 years I always inexplicably get this dude on my team, "hey, could do worse for a bye week backup, right?" But then he balls out for a game or 2 and I see my starter kinda underperforming, and I see Carr has a good matchup in a potentially high scoring game, and I smooth brain him into the starter spot, and EVERY GODDAMN TIME HE SHITS THE GODDAMN BED. Why why why do I not learn? I know it's gonna happen, and yet a little voice in the back of my head says "well, maybe not this time, it'll be different." Fuck that voice, never again. Derek Carr is dead to me, DEAD.

@909 I don't know how you put up with this dude on your real life team.

See everyone here next year when I do the same thing, at least I'll only need to quote the above instead of typing it out.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bringing this back as I need advice if I should push this through -

Current fantasy team is Geno/Rodgers at QB and Aaron Jones/Etienne/Breece Hall at RB, both positions have been in rotation depending on match ups.

I got an offer of Josh Allen for Breece and Rodgers. Most of my team is on bye next week so it might be an automatic loss, but do I take this?
I should have taken the offer.

Staff member
Reaction score
Gonna be spite dropping Derek Carr from my fantasy team ASAP. For the past 3-4 years I always inexplicably get this dude on my team, "hey, could do worse for a bye week backup, right?" But then he balls out for a game or 2 and I see my starter kinda underperforming, and I see Carr has a good matchup in a potentially high scoring game, and I smooth brain him into the starter spot, and EVERY GODDAMN TIME HE SHITS THE GODDAMN BED. Why why why do I not learn? I know it's gonna happen, and yet a little voice in the back of my head says "well, maybe not this time, it'll be different." Fuck that voice, never again. Derek Carr is dead to me, DEAD.

See everyone here next year when I do the same thing, at least I'll only need to quote the above instead of typing it out.
I don't really, I'm so done with this guy and if we lose on Sunday it's tanking time.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Have Geno Smith as my QB, he's on bye this week. Took a looooooong hard look at putting in a waiver claim on Derek Carr, lol, what am I doing? I can't quit you Derek.

Decided instead to jump on Matty Ice.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
For the benefit of those of you here who are in my keeper league and, like me, may not have noticed that you don't get email notifications anymore, because they eliminated the Yahoo message board, we draft tomorrow, which means the deadline to declare keepers is TONIGHT! Get your keepers in to me by 11:59pm ET tonight, or risk having them picked for you.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Have Geno Smith as my QB, he's on bye this week. Took a looooooong hard look at putting in a waiver claim on Derek Carr, lol, what am I doing? I can't quit you Derek.

Decided instead to jump on Matty Ice.
Just lost Kirk Cousins, I have Geno Smith and Desmond Ridder on my bench. Looking at available FA QBs, my choices are Mac Jones, Minshewmania, Milf Hunter, Will Levis, and........Derek Carr. Levis will probably be gone before my waiver spot comes up, so:

lets-rock.gif

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
OK, so someone else with a higher waiver spot got Carr! And there was someone else between that team & me who also had a claim in for him. So I got Levis (dropped Ridder), then picked up Minshew.

I also have Addison & Hockenson (I might be a little over invested in Vikings, lol), so interesting to see how their production suffers.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Made it to the championship game w/ Flacco as my starting QB. Opponent just saw his starting QB get benched (Russ, after he lost Herbert) and will need to start Kyler Murray, while I lost my TE (Hockenson) and 1 starting WR (Waddle unlikely to play), and possibly being down 1 more starting WR depending on how Addison's ankle holds up.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Addison looks good to go, but now I'm down Josh Jacobs (I have Zamir White so no prob there) and Raheem Mostert.