Hollywood Under Fire For Sexual Assault

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Multiple charges have been made against Joss Whedon on the set of Buffy. Including Charisma Carpenter and SMG. Plus actors from the Justice League movie. From the sound of it the guy seems borderline psychotic.

Whedon apparently repeatedly called a pregnant Carpenter "fat" and kept asking her if she was "going to keep it". And constantly threatened to fire her.

Fuck this guy

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
All those petitions to bring back Firefly, just gone like dust in the wind.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Maybe more people will join me in thinking Cabin In The Woods is overrated and that Tucker & Dale Vs Evil is a way more entertaining and less irritating meta horror film from 2012.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Multiple charges have been made against Joss Whedon on the set of Buffy. Including Charisma Carpenter and SMG. Plus actors from the Justice League movie. From the sound of it the guy seems borderline psychotic.

Whedon apparently repeatedly called a pregnant Carpenter "fat" and kept asking her if she was "going to keep it". And constantly threatened to fire her.

Fuck this guy
The Charisma stuff was pretty widely known for years by fans of Angel. Joss was also notorious for pitting actors/actresses against each other including getting Alyson Hannigan & Amber Benson to feud with each other on set around Season 5 to the point they wouldn't speak to each other. His foot fetish stuff is on the level of Quentin Tarantino in Hollywood circles. There was a DVD Commentary on the Season 6 or 7 set where Joss kind of badmouthed SMG's attitude, etc. kind of calling her unprofessional and no longer a team player and such. There were beliefs that Buffy's Season 7 speeches were some petty callouts from Joss about how he felt SMG's attitude was during that period.

Even at the time of Angel's Season 4 it was kind of clear to fans that stuff was up re: Cordelia's Pregnancy/the way her death was treated plot-wise. Also Season 6's Buffy/Spike stuff was attributed a lot to Marti Noxon and her personal issues seeping into the product but in hindsight it wouldn't surprise me if some of it was Joss' own personal attitudes/beliefs.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
You mean the guy who couldn't write a strong female character without blatantly sexualizing her was a shithead?

Valeyard

Reaction score
Shhh. Steven Moffat hasn't been outed yet.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Maybe more people will join me in thinking Cabin In The Woods is overrated and that Tucker & Dale Vs Evil is a way more entertaining and less irritating meta horror film from 2012.

Yup. I've been on this train the entire time. Tucker and Dale is pure genius. Cabin in the Woods tries to hard to be clever.

Laz

Reaction score
I've seen Tucker & Dale enough times to say that it is a perfectly acceptable horror parody with a solid cast. I've seen Cabin in the Woods enough times to say that it is an extremely well made satire about the horror genre at large.

Valeyard

Reaction score
You fuck with Trachtenberg, you fuck with me.

Waiting on some Alyson Hannigan stories, though.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He also played a comedian who preyed on a teenager on YOU.

Laz

Reaction score
He also was in that show with what's her face, the Aldi version of Grace Under Fire.

FAKE EDIT: Whitney Cummings

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

IIRC Bix is "Marcus K Fabian". As we know from BTS, Bix can get locked into arguments and seems not to mind winning through attrition.

I, of course, jumped in early in the thread to be play Devil's Advocate. I don't have any affection for Woody Allen, but I am watching the series.

I believe the only Allen film I've seen is "Everything you wanted to know about sex but were afraid to ask" But that was because I try to own as much Burt Reynolds films as I can.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Moderators, please ban Brody from bringing up a non wrestling thread from a terrible forum like Wrestling Classics. Or at least make Brody post a terrible non wrestling thread from here on Wrestling Classics.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Remember when Kamala made the bizarre and incorrect claim that Wrestlingclassics moderator Crimson Mask was an ex-member of the seminal funk band Chic? I do.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Crimson Mask is like 75% of the reason why I never want Wrestling Classics brought up. He is like a weirdo aged version of Bix with nebulous connections to the music industry.

I feel like if I did make that accusation, @BUTT , it was only cause CM falsely alluded to being in Chic.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Moderators, please ban Brody from bringing up a non wrestling thread from a terrible forum like Wrestling Classics. Or at least make Brody post a terrible non wrestling thread from here on Wrestling Classics.
So which one of your posts do you want him to make a thread there?

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm the retard who watches trash on UFOs, Bigfoot, etc, and loves true crime stuff, but I can't shake viewing Mia Farrow and this doc in a skeptical light. I am on part 3, and it could be argued they picked and choose what to play of Farrow and Allen's taped phone conversations. They literally cut it off after an accusation, then pick it back up with Mia talking more from a different portion of the tape.
They also show when Dylan is taken to the hospital there is nothing medically wrong noted, but they then show Mia's claims that Dylan was afraid to say something to a stranger. Then Mia brings her back the next day and Dylan verbally says it happened to the doctor, but there was still no evidence. So Mia could have coached her up.
Or he did it.

Staff member
Reaction score
A lot of the details don't add up because that's what kids do when recalling sexual assault. I remember that people got focused on those details with regards to Michael Jackson even though those kids could describe his dick in perfect detail. Some people are in denial about MJ even despite that. It also sounds like this is a very poorly put together documentary.

But he definitely did it.