Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Late Night Talk Show Discussion

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/americas-got-talent-gabrielle-union-julianne-hough-toxic-culture-ousted-judges-1203417447/

Jay Leno told a really hack Koreans joke during a production meeting for America's Got Talent and one of the reasons Gabrielle Union got fired as a judge was because she reported it.

Between this and him getting name dropped during the impeachment trials, Jay Leno hate is back! Decade is not even over and early 2010s nostalgia is in!

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
I had no idea people could get fired in 2019 for having hair that's considered too black in style and for calling out the most hack Jay Leno racist jokes.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Pete Buttigieg is guest hosting Jimmy Kimmel Live! on Thursday while Jimmy is in NYC filming the 20th Anniversary revival of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?

Not even halfway through March and I hate this year.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jimmy Fallon and Seth Meyers are going dark, at least until March 30th.

So if anyone wanted to hear Jimmy Fallon sing "My Corona" with The Roots, you are out of luck.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Colbert had his monologue last night with just staffers in the crowd. It was... surreal.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
A bunch of allegations have come out against Ellen Degeneres that she treats her staff terribly and is generally a horrible person to work for.

Numerous ex writers/comedians that have worked for her in the past have gone on twitter detailing how she's a nightmare to work for and is cruel and mean to basically everyone backstage.

Rumors are she might get cancelled. The person and the talk show I guess. But producers are denying it of course

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Now Warner Media is investigating the workplace environment of Ellen's show.

Quarantine finally broke me and I've been going through a youtube wormhole of awkward Ellen interviews now. This Dakota Johnson one takes the cake and shows Ellen's facade slipping.

I guess the story is that the last time Dakota was on, Ellen was complaining that she wasn't invited to her birthday. This interview is the next year and Dakota invited Ellen to her current birthday and Ellen skipped it to apparently go golfing with George W. Bush. Dakota says she's not sure that Ellen even likes her and Ellen is trying to do her IM HAPPY AND CHEERY Ellen shtick. The whole thing is just passive aggressive sniping and Dakota Johnson kind of rules. From what I'm seeing Ellen's whole thing is to embarrass and shame her guests with topics they don't want to talk about and she gets it flipped on her here.

Last edited:

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This one is even worse. Taylor Swift is close to tears and clearly uncomfortable at points and Ellen keeps going. I guess Swift didn't come back for a long time after this. Ellen seems so gross and sleazy here and I can't believe this was watched by so many people and nobody noticed or commented on how gross this is until way later when allegations came out.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

, admitting in a letter given to staff that she has “not been able to stay on top of everything” and chose instead to delegate responsibilities to staff members who she assumed would do their jobs in the way she “[would] want them done.” She goes on to say that this “will now change” and that she’s “committed to ensuring this does not happen again.”

thows her staff under the bus basically

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Now there have been dozens of sexual harassment allegations made by former staff members of Ellen towards producers and those in power

Also the Warner media investigation found some "flaws" about how operations were run backstage

Brad Garrett also went on twitter and basically outed Ellen for treating friends of his terribly and it's "common knowledge" that she's a mean person

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sounds like James Corden is in talks to replace Ellen

Uh, do they not know Corden is notoriously an asshole and not a great person and that it's not very hard to find stories about how he has treated people throughout the years. It's not that much better than Ellen.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
the main thing I know about James Corden is that Patrick Stewart really fucking hates him or did at one point which is enough for me to think he is a terrible person because for someone as nice and harmless as Patrick Stewart to have beef with you, you must be a true POS.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
If they want an asshole, they can tell Chris Hardwick to shave. Then no one can tell the difference.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
What was the beef with Corden and Patrick Stewart? All I could find was them sniping at each other at an awards show in 2016

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Three top exec. producers have been fired from the Ellen show.

Ellen still plans on continuing her show

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Not that I think a lot of people here watch James Corden but I’m pretty surprised no one has stumbled upon and posted Ian Karmel is a regular on-air sidekick to Corden now. He’s the guy that used to post on some version of this board, right?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
After the Britney Spears documentary , we are all supposed to feel terrible about how terrible we treated the troubled female celebrities of the ‘00s and early 2010s.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tone of my post came off as snarky and sarcastic but we SHOULD absolutely feel terrible about things like that. And that clip is a rare non extramarital affairs with his employees example of Dave being legitimately a complete ass.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Shit I picked the wrong week to go through a YouTube wormhole of Letterman clips. I remember a lot of Dave interviews with female celebs coming off creepy. You can say that about nearly every late night talk show host including Johnny, but Dave gets weirder.