Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

MAGA Chuds Storm Capitol Building to stop Electoral College vote

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Ended up listening to most of the testimony today.....lots of stuff that was confirmed from reports months ago, really maybe the most damning day of this stuff so far. Will it lead to anything? Time will tell.

The one thing that MIGHT is that Cheney stated at the end of the hearing today that Trump directly called an upcoming person who is set to testify, as an attempt to coerce in some fashion. The person in question immediately contacted their law team who then contacted the committee. Apparently that will be sent to DOJ for prosecution. Depending what was said (and this appeared to be via a voicemail message as the person never answered Trumps call) this could lead to something. Maaaaybe (and hopefully)

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score

He might end up spending a month or a year in jail, which is...better than nothing I guess?

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Someone who has been paying more attention than me: are they gonna call Trump to testify? Unless he wants to be hit with contempt, he'd have to testify (assuming immunity or he would just take the 5th) but if he takes the stand, he will certainly be caught in a lie or lies. It's basically win-win.

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score

Straka is an interesting figure. Along with Ali Alexander and Scott Presler, he was a huge part of the "stop the steal" movement. Along with Presler, he's also a key figure in the "gays for Trump" movement. Anyway, Straka just ratted out some people, which include Presler and Alexander (the latter being the key figure behind "stop the steal" and possibly Jan 6th)
Someone who has been paying more attention than me: are they gonna call Trump to testify? Unless he wants to be hit with contempt, he'd have to testify (assuming immunity or he would just take the 5th) but if he takes the stand, he will certainly be caught in a lie or lies. It's basically win-win.
I doubt it will happen. I concluded before he lost the presidency that Trump and his family will never face any consequences for their actions. At the very, least, I'd like to see someone like Stone or Bannon in jail, but Trump or DeSantis will just pardon them if they become president (that or Trump throws them under the bus because he thinks it will save his ass)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Straka is an interesting figure. Along with Ali Alexander and Scott Presler, he was a huge part of the "stop the steal" movement. Along with Presler, he's also a key figure in the "gays for Trump" movement.
I'm not a conspiracy/IT'S RUSSIA, FAULT but everything about #WalkAway seems kind of fishy to me. Look I do realize there are people that switched from Obama to Trump or even Hilary to Trump but anytime, "An ex bleeding heart liberal turned proud conservative" is interviewed in the media, my grifter alarms go off.

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
I'm not a conspiracy/IT'S RUSSIA, FAULT but everything about #WalkAway seems kind of fishy to me. Look I do realize there are people that switched from Obama to Trump or even Hilary to Trump but anytime, "An ex bleeding heart liberal turned proud conservative" is interviewed in the media, my grifter alarms go off.
Straka actually ended up in the capital and apparently was once heard saying the Qanon* slogan at a rally, so I think he probably started this as a grift but ended up believing all of it.

*speaking of Q-I think Jim Watkins has been questioned, but I’m shocked his son Ron hasn’t. If you saw the HBO documentary “Q: Into the Storm”, it ends heavily implying he actually might be Q (or at least is one of the people behind it), and he and his dad are in the US right now…

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I thought it was universally accepted (well universally accepted amongst people who aren't into Q) that Jim & Ron Watkins were Q? Not an allegation

People can go a long, long way with a grift. I mean, look at their hero. Trump turned a power play over him being pissy over getting roasted by Obama and Gwen Stefani being paid more than him into the failed insurrection discussed ITT!

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Conservative media is going batshit over that one lol but when it happens to regular people because of actual police overreach they celebrate it

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Its a weird thing since conservatives are all up in arms over it, thinking they took his phone just because he was an election denier, but it really wasnt about that. He committed a crime by releasing a hard drive that had software that (now coincidentally) others could potentially manipulate to then alter voting data in the future. It's like these blind GOPers either forget that point or completely sideskirt it and just keep doing the "omg he's targeted unfairly" argument.

Also, in another weird twist locally (I'm from the city that Lindell got busted at the Hardees), the local paper interviewed the manager of Hardees who claimed that in neither location here did they hear from other staff or employees that this even happened. To take it a step further, there's been some conjecture if Lindell was actually "hunting" like he said he was in Iowa since their season isn't starting til October 1. My heads spinning.....

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
Conservative media is going batshit over that one lol but when it happens to regular people because of actual police overreach they celebrate it
What's even funnier is when pundits were saying "If this happens to Trump, it could happen to you" when the FBI usually targets regular people. If anything, a billionaire getting his McMansion raided is something they almost never do.