Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Major League Baseball 2024

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
I have to think Tarik Skubal is on his way to the Cy Young award and it will probably be unanimous.

Edit: Erick Fedde is still second in pitcher bWAR and he was traded to the National League on July 29!

Last edited:

alkeiper

Reaction score
White Sox death march:
2-7 needed for worst winning percentage
6-3 (or worse) to tie record for most losses

The silver lining is that Andrew Vaughn's bat woke up. He's hitting .359 with a 1.042 OPS in his last thirteen games. Yoan Moncada is off the DL but he's riding the bench as of yet.

alkeiper

Reaction score
Shohei Ohtani going absolutely berserk yesterday can't go unnoticed. Six for six, three home runs, two doubles, 10 RBIs and two stolen bases. Not a record in any category but in totality possibly the greatest single game statline in recorded history. It has an argument.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
First player to ever hit 50/50
Part of me thinks that's pretty impressive considering guys like Canseco, Soriano, Bonds, Griffey Jr, etc. but then I also remember that those guys stole far fewer bases as they got older while still maintaining their power numbers. Still a crazy feat even given the argument that stealing bases is easier in today's game.

Maybe more notable is that Ohtani did it while also contributing 120+ Runs and 120+ RBI. For context: Bonds did that 3x; Ruth did that 11x (while usually playing in loaded lineups); Ted Williams did that 6x; Mark McGwire did that 1x (1998); Ken Griffey Jr did that 4x

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Reds fired David Bell.

Now fire your empty headed dipshit son next and follow him out the door too, tomato man.