Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Matches You Didn't Think Existed

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Interesting to see that pop up. Savage vs Hughes main evented the first live show I went to when my dad took me to a house show.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wow. I've been waiting to see that match for twenty years, ever since I saw a picture of it on the WWF Ice Cream Bar box.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ric Flair vs The Great Khali
In The Dumb But Awesome Fantasy Booking thread I made a joke about Great Khali and Ric Flair being in the same match---not knowing that they actually had a one on one match! And it was for the World title no less!

Nobody's going to call it a workrate classic but this match is everything I'd want from a Khali-'00s Ric Flair match.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I think that Flair-Khali match wasn't too long after the Smackdown taping I went to main event by Flair/Batista vs. Deuce and Domino. What a magical time!

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
My first thought was they were giving Quake a post-Gimmick Battle Royal payday or something, but that match is from December! From HOTW.com:

WWF @ Orlando, FL - TD Waterhouse Centre - December 22, 2001
Earthquake pinned an unknown with the sit-down splash

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Huh! Ya'd think that Foley would mention wrestling Andre in one of his books. I can't think of another example of an autobiography from a wrestler who interacted with Andre that didn't have some story about hanging out with him.

Well, maybe he does mention it The Hardcore Diaries or Countdown to Lockdown but like I'm gonna read those!

Dobbs3K

Integral Poster
Reaction score
What kind of tag team name for Warlord and Jeff Gaylord is "The Renegades?" Should have called them, "The Lords of Pain", or something like that.