Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

MLW v2

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Did anyone catch Battle Riot 6 over the weekend? They ended up putting it up for free on YouTube, had some early really terrible production snags but once that got settled, the show for the most part brought it, esp the BR match itself

A bunch of surprise appearances not just in that match, but during parts of the undercard, specifically a few during Alex Kane vs AJ Francis.

The angle with Selina and Cesar Duran was so hokey and over the top but fuck it, even that was entertaining

MLW is starting up a YouTube subscription service as their next brand model, not sure but it feels like they may be moving off Triller+ and more to this YouTube based monthly subscription instead, ironically right as TNA stops doing it themselves.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I read the results and watched the Battle Riot itself. It was decently entertaining. Happy to see guys like Jimmy Yang, Scotty Riggs and CW Anderson again.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
I'll be watching it by the weekend. I'm seeing mixed reviews, but most of the negatives seem to be focused on the production issues early on and the positives on the show itself.

MLW is the only "name" promotion where it really feels like wins and losses matter. That alone is enough to give it my support, even if the shows are usually B-grade.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
They just dropped a "remastered" version of the ppv on their YouTube tonight so I'm assuming that's the version that has the production issues fixed more than likely

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
Tom Lawlor is a fun throwback shitty heel, it's when he's expected to work that he becomes exposed. He has a hell of a personality and was a very good fighter, but that doesn't translate well to pro wrestling.

Battle Riot was a fun show, and my big takeaway from it is that they finally stuck the tone of the Cesar/Selina stuff after soooooo long where they couldn't settle on it. Is it telenovela, is it rasslin', is it comedy, is it...well, now we know what it is, and I'm hoping they continue this tone for their segments (presentation is pure rasslin', their acting and story is telenovela) moving forward.

Riddle is the right choice to not only win Battle Riot but also take the belt off Kojima.