Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

MLW v2

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
The pandemic gutted them. I was starting to get really into them and then they took a long hiatus when the COVID hit (not their fault) and all the notable talent they had, outside of two people, signed elsewhere.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Yeah, I stopped watching MLW content around May or so, maybe into June? I kept up with the Dallas taping content during Mania week but since then, I just kinda faded off. I think they did a Philly taping I saw one week of following that, and I just lost interest. The Hammerstone/Holiday match was probably the last thing I saw, and I was not impressed.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
Hammerstone had also gotten actively worse since turning face full-on. When he was a cocky heel tagging with Holliday he stood out by force of charisma, but everything that happened since he got the belt was shit. Not just angles or whatever, but being forced into the superstar baby face role killed his heat, because he's not good at it and you can tell his heel work was a more amplified version of his own personality.

I think the last MLW show I watched had a Fatu/Krugger snoozefest, and it's hard to not get some sort of enjoyment from Jacob Fatu in a "wild" brawl.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Their stock has fallen so low that my thought is "Yeah. Lio Rush is really not too bad of a signing for them!" They couldn't have less buzz right now so screw it. See if the fourth promotion is the charm IRT finally being able to realize his potential. It's not going to be but it's better than most of what they've been doing this pat year or so!

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Hammerstone had also gotten actively worse since turning face full-on. When he was a cocky heel tagging with Holliday he stood out by force of charisma, but everything that happened since he got the belt was shit. Not just angles or whatever, but being forced into the superstar baby face role killed his heat, because he's not good at it and you can tell his heel work was a more amplified version of his own personality.

I think the last MLW show I watched had a Fatu/Krugger snoozefest, and it's hard to not get some sort of enjoyment from Jacob Fatu in a "wild" brawl.

I'm not sure what the issue is with Hammerstone. You're right that he's a much better heel, except when he's working his home promotion of FSW in Vegas, but why does he stay there? Outside of the fact the he's been MLW champion for a year, there's no reason not to move on from them. I know he likes his free time outside of wrestling for bodybuilding shows once in a while, and other ventures, but he could get that in Impact, and at least be on the radar for bigger things. He's not a ton of charisma and should be in bigger places. He knows people in Impact behind the scenes that have connections with FSW. He could be a top guy there just as easily. Slip him in as a monster heel against Josh Alexander.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think it's because MLW's the biggest promotion that will accommodate his schedule and give him the biggest push. I don't think his ceiling in Impact is higher than a monster of the month for Josh Alexander to conquer on an Impact Plus special before getting stuck in the stuck in the mid-card shuffle.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Frankly I feel like we are getting to the point where it would benefit both Impact and MLW to do more of a stronger work agreement, and maybe even do some invasion angles on both shows to get some people talking. To then lead to a Hammerstone vs Alexander big match at an upcoming show.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
Because MLW has a reputation for being a place that unexposed talent could really show off. The company contracts were open enough to get out of, the dates were sparse enough to not hurt too much, and the exposure was always better than a myriad of other "name" indies.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
b2JdE37X-otyxqxXJ1V6CAiT_HlvwAf34Wd_M9i29XBV6oiitvgER1jMcoCtBgIHD5DsMdizD5jeIqVbpQQj9mH-19biiUeN1eOm43Xfkyliv7m2SYzyKFbqyhLqBDtoaO7_c-vd2kojj7dgsqcHPZx98lQ6kGLMZlViPg=s0-d-e1-ft

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I'm assuming that's not Tony Mamaluke or Tommy Rich?

It's Ray Jaz, who has made his name from working Wrestling Open on IWTV. It's a weekly show from Drew Cordero, owner of Beyond Wrestling. When Uncharted Territory was moved to Action Wrestling in the South East, Drew started up Wrestling Open. He charges $10 for all tickets, and pays the talent from whatever is made at the door. It was started mainly for new talent trying to break in, or unknown talent to work weekly. Each match has a 10 minute time limit, except the main event that has a 20 minute time limit. Ray has become a regular on the show.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
The dumbest thing about MLW is that Bauer will book people of ill repute as long as they're a somewhat known commodity, but doesn't even have the guts (or knowledge) to present an interesting product with them.