Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

MLW v2

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Big Beard Booty Daddy said:
Schiavone is returning to the booth during the summer.

I wonder where that leaves Cornette with things? The press release said Tony and Rich would be handling announcing duties when he returns. Is Cornette on the outs over the Callihan thing?

It's too bad they are done with Sami as that last match he had with Warner was some fun stuff and it was obvious it was going to lead to a bigger story. I get the idea behind things though as it happened. If he damaged that much in the arena, if it wasn't planned and agreed upon ahead of time to do the spots that caused damages, then he probably should be on the hook for the costs. And I am assuming he refused to cooperate with those costs.

It's too bad as I was really starting to get into this face run of his in MLDub

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Some of it may have to do with Cornette having previous commitments as well as his refusal to work shows in NY.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Just looked her up, kinda want her to do an AOC gimmick.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Valeyard said:
Just looked her up, kinda want her to do an AOC gimmick.

25652.jpg

Wow, she's perfect for that gimmick

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/-Pr8GbGWQ7I

Notable for two things: Salina de la Renta being perfect AH SHIT I'M BEATIN and the Sami Callihan incident.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Yeah, that episode w/ Warner/Callihan and this this past weekends one with the Lawler/Von Erichs vs Contra Unit six man was a fucking blast. Dare I say these last few weeks feels more oldschool mid90s ECW of a vibe than ever before? Mixed with a caribbean wrestling energy (which will just be more prounced with Savio Vega in) as well with the heated brawls and wild tone to especially the main programs. That six man was chaotic as fuck, more the postmatch even than the match itself in some ways. Contra Unit is being booked tremendously from the start and easily the most effective heel faction out there in wrestling anywhere right now

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQTRZjSqm1s

Why didn't anyone tell me that SAVIO VEGA made his televised wrestling return???

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://www.theringer.com/2019/9/17/20864851/mlw-major-league-wrestling-court-bauer
The Ringer has an article on the behind the scenes going ons at MLW right now.

Damn. It's pretty cool that even secondary promotions like MLW are getting mainstream publicity in the year of our lord 2019.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Really dug that article, it was pretty in depth about the MLW backstage scene

So been a grip since I've commented on this company but I'm still enjoying the content on a weekly basis. Honestly, I don't feel like MLW has lost a step since losing random talent a bit. They obviously have a tremendous talent scout or something as the guys they keep bringing in are in some cases kind of unknown, but really are adding to the product positively.

The War Chamber match this past week was really fuckin good shit. Spoilers from Dallas showcased a really strong lead-in to the pay per view in early November for sure.

I'm giving some thought to going to Chicago for the ppv actually. We hit up All Out and AAW Labor Day weekend and had a great time, so I want to get back for MLW or AEW Thanksgiving Eve. To say the least, the Chicago wrestling market is HUGE right now.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If he really loves working the indies, I'm thinking Impact would be his best route.

If he wants to get paid, I think NXT probably is his best route. WWE's signing a bunch of MMA dudes and Lawlor, IMHO, is a bit too underseasoned for AEW.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Surprised to hear this news. MLW had, I thought, made an angle out of him possibly looking at other companies as they did a brief interview with him on the last Fusion episode about it. Guess it wasn't a work.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
MLW is bringing The Opera Cup back. I'd never heard of it, but apparently it is something owned by the Hart family. It's a mini tournament of 8. They ran an angle that per the Hart family, in order to allow them to use the Cup, they had to be able to choose one of the match-ups, and they chose Hammerstone vs MJF, his stablemate. Also announced previously was TJP vs Brian Pillman, Jr. They just announced the 3rd match, and I'm so fucking stoked for it, Davey Boy Smith, Jr. vs Shinjiro Otani!

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Boomer Kamala said:
Tom Lawlor is done with MLW.

https://mlw.com/2019/11/22/tom-lawlor-signs-new-multi-year-exclusive-agreement-with-mlw/

He just re-signed for a multi-year deal.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Fall of Epic said:
Boomer Kamala said:
Tom Lawlor is done with MLW.

https://mlw.com/2019/11/22/tom-lawlor-signs-new-multi-year-exclusive-agreement-with-mlw/

He just re-signed for a multi-year deal.

Fuck yes! I'm not an MMA fan, so I had no idea who he was before watching MLW, but he's become one of my favorite since it came back. When he works indies, he always has the best entrances.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
So the Lawler leaving MLW thing was a work after all it appears, and now it led to him going heel on the Von Erichs on the Thanksgiving episode. I'm not totally bought on the idea of Lawler going heel but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
RedJed said:
So the Lawler leaving MLW thing was a work after all it appears, and now it led to him going heel on the Von Erichs on the Thanksgiving episode. I'm not totally bought on the idea of Lawler going heel but I'm willing to give it a shot.

He started his run when MLW came back as a heel, and he was really good. He only turned face to go after Low-Ki and the belt. I'm very interested to see where they go this time with him as a heel.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Big Beard Booty Daddy said:
RedJed said:

He started his run when MLW came back as a heel, and he was really good. He only turned face to go after Low-Ki and the belt. I'm very interested to see where they go this time with him as a heel.

Yeah I liked the Team Lawler heel run for sure, but I was just getting accustomed to him as a babyface and I thought generally that was working. But then again he really is a natural heel so this makes sense.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Showtime interested in MLW. AEW might have some competition for guys wanting leave WWE:

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/01/exclusive-news-on-tv-network-being-interested-in-mlw-664590/

Please save us from Dark Order and Brandi. Just keep the showrunners from the last few seasons of Dexter far away.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
I have been saying, since ECW left TNN in the summer of 2000, that a premium channel hosting a wrestling show could prove fantastic. It's traditionally cheap programming with a built-in audience, good or bad.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
PWInsider is reporting that Amazon is negotiating with MLW to put their show on Prime streaming

They still have a couple exclusive guys with hype like Pillman Jr and Tom Lawlor, right? I’ve actually never gotten around to watching an MLW show

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Baby Shoes said:
PWInsider is reporting that Amazon is negotiating with MLW to put their show on Prime streaming

They still have a couple exclusive guys with hype like Pillman Jr and Tom Lawlor, right? I’ve actually never gotten around to watching an MLW show

Lawlor just re-signed recently. Pillman is still there, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him and Davey Boy, Jr. go to AEW if they want them, sooner or later.

They have their shows on both Fite and YouTube, which are free, if you want to check them out. They're really solid.